Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now Florida State wants to leave the ACC

Florida State University plans to leave the ACC in '25. FSU is eying the Big 10 of the SEC. The Big 10 would LOVE to plant a flag into SEC country. What are your thoughts about all this "Conference Jumping"? I can't blame a team for wanting to get into a Power 5, Does the ACC start a decline much like the PAC 12? In the long run, do you see any smaller D1 conferences pulling at D2 schools to add to their numbers? When FSU jumps, I'm sure the ACC will grab a team from a smaller D1 conference to shore up their numbers. The portal and conference jumping are getting exhausting.

Comment

It be interesting to see if any other d2 schools jump up

Comment

I have relatives who live in the eastern part of Washington and went to Washington State University. They are just sick about the breakup of the Pac 12. Washington State and Oregon State were left out in the cold when the other schools left for the Big 10, Big 12, and ACC. The only apparent option for WSU and OSU is to hook up with the Mountain West Conference. That sucks after being members of the Pac 12.
        Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 12-25-2023, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
          I have relatives who live in the eastern part of Washington and went to Washington State University. They are just sick about the breakup of the Pac 12. Washington State and Oregon State were left out in the cold when the other schools left for the Big 10, Big 12, and ACC. The only apparent option for WSU and OSU is to hook up with the Mountain West Conference. That sucks after being members of the Pac 12.
          I've seen some info about them joining the WCC for all non-football sports and into the Mountain West for football. Wonder if the MW will change it's name to the Pac 12 (or whatever number they have)?

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

I've seen some info about them joining the WCC for all non-football sports and into the Mountain West for football. Wonder if the MW will change it's name to the Pac 12 (or whatever number they have)?
            The football thing is just a scheduling agreement for one season and Wazzu and Oregon State are not considered members of the Mountain West. Their games won't count in the MW standings and they can't play in the MW championship game.

​​​​​​https://themw.com/news/2023/12/01/mo...hington-state/

Comment

With all the portal activity and conference jumping occurring, what recruiting strategy would work with a coach? The days of developing a "Three Year" plan are out the window. Coaches are now regulated to sign a recruit by saying, "I've had X number of players go to D1 after 2 years playing here."

Comment

every yr's a jigsaw puzzle pulling talent from wherever you can get it with an emphasis on the next season & less on the future but not total disregard at the same time. frankly i think it's a maddening proposition for a coach but it is what it is.
                Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Pure cool View Post
                  With all the portal activity and conference jumping occurring, what recruiting strategy would work with a coach? The days of developing a "Three Year" plan are out the window. Coaches are now regulated to sign a recruit by saying, "I've had X number of players go to D1 after 2 years playing here."
                  Was there ever actually a three year plan? Isn’t the goal always to “win now”?

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                    every yr's a jigsaw puzzle pulling talent from wherever you can get it with an emphasis on the next season & less on the future but not total disregard at the same time. frankly i think it's a maddening proposition for a coach but it is what it is.
                    Look at D1 basketball. I have no idea how those coaches do it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X