Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Humboldt State Football Entering Final Season

Originally posted by tsull View Post
    LSC going to 10 teams, they're not adding Azusa over on the West Coast. The RMAC is full -- where in the hell are you getting this?
    Hey Man! You need to relax Francis it's a message board and folks can express their thoughts and opinion. I've been to Western Oregon and the stands were empty, maybe because they were playing SFU.

Comment

Why would WOU be next? This has never been discussed, there's a strong football alumni group, and a history of more than 100 years of playing the sport. Pure speculation on your part with no knowledge.
      Humboldt State University and Western Washington University both had over a hundred years of tradition of playing football.

Comment

Originally posted by Highway Grill View Post
        Hey Man! You need to relax Francis it's a message board and folks can express their thoughts and opinion. I've been to Western Oregon and the stands were empty, maybe because they were playing SFU.
        I've been to a helluva lot more games than you, they sold out all their games once during a winless season. There is absolutely NO EVIDENCE that SFU, CWU, or APU, are in any better shape than WOU in this, other than that SFU has a legit league to go to and that's in Canada (which wouldn't be a bad option). On the main page of D2football.com, go to "TEAMS" and they have the leagues. The RMAC is full, the LSC just added UT-Permian Basin, which brings them to 10. The GNAC's best hope resides in getting a scheduling agreement with the LSC, going independent, or begging the College of Idaho, Carroll College, SOU, and EOU, into the conference.

People can express their thoughts and opinions, so can the drunk at the bar, but if they're not based in some sort of FACTS, I'm not listening. The RMAC and the LSC have no incentives to add any GNAC teams and won't do so. CWU and APU are in no great bargaining position right now, along with WOU -- SFU is in the best with the Canadian option. Period.

Comment

Re: Humboldt State will discontinue after 2018 season

Originally posted by SGAstumpJ View Post
          And then there were four.
          And we're ALL in the same boat. No one has an advantage to joining a conference over another, no matter how many NFL or CFL guys are currently playing. The key is independent, a scheduling agreement with another conference, or getting NAIA teams to move up. B.S. speculation on the RMAC adding another member or two is just that: B.S.

Comment

The worst part about speculation is that - even if it's totally inaccurate - if you don't nip it at the bud a lot of people will come to believe it. That's all tsull was doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
              The worst part about speculation is that - even if it's totally inaccurate - if you don't nip it at the bud a lot of people will come to believe it. That's all tsull was doing.
              Thanks, Brandon, immediately the WOU doom and gloom was coming up like a few months ago when a D3 fan got on here and said it was over in Monmouth. Huh? We're all in the same boat here, we'll see if NAIA squads want to move up, if MSU-Billings wants to start the sport (they've formed a task force to look into it), whether Carroll College wants to go D2 (they've also started discussions), and if the Mexican University is serious about American football. The RMAC and LSC ships have sailed.

Comment

I've been to a helluva lot more games than you, they sold out all their games once during a winless season. There is absolutely NO EVIDENCE that SFU, CWU, or APU, are in any better shape than WOU in this, other than that SFU has a legit league to go to and that's in Canada (which wouldn't be a bad option). On the main page of D2football.com, go to "TEAMS" and they have the leagues. The RMAC is full, the LSC just added UT-Permian Basin, which brings them to 10. The GNAC's best hope resides in getting a scheduling agreement with the LSC, going independent, or begging the College of Idaho, Carroll College, SOU, and EOU, into the conference.

People can express their thoughts and opinions, so can the drunk at the bar, but if they're not based in some sort of FACTS, I'm not listening. The RMAC and the LSC have no incentives to add any GNAC teams and won't do so. CWU and APU are in no great bargaining position right now, along with WOU -- SFU is in the best with the Canadian option. Period.
                LSC is at 9 teams: http://www.lonestarconference.org/in...path=football&

RMAC is at 11 teams: http://rmacsports.org/standings.aspx?standings=93

A scheduling alliance with the LSC would make some sense as they have at least 3 open weeks for each team.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
                  LSC is at 9 teams: http://www.lonestarconference.org/in...path=football&

RMAC is at 11 teams: http://rmacsports.org/standings.aspx?standings=93

A scheduling alliance with the LSC would make some sense as they have at least 3 open weeks for each team.
                  Thanks, two Midwest conferences have 8 teams, but guessing they play each other in non-conference.

Comment

Thanks, two Midwest conferences have 8 teams, but guessing they play each other in non-conference.
                    If you are referring to the GLVC and GLIAC, to my knowledge there is no scheduling alliance, but several of the teams do play one another or play teams from other nearby conferences such as the GMAC & PSAC.

Comment

GMAC and GLIAC each have 9 teams, Tiffin hasn't been moved on the board yet.

Comment

Is it correct on the website?

Comment

I just meant when you go to teams and then GMAC they are not listed there, no biggie.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                            I just meant when you go to teams and then GMAC they are not listed there, no biggie.
                            It's a huge deal to me. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I posted this in the General Discussion forum, it was meant for here:

The GNAC commish has been praised on this board. Will he be aggressive in meeting with potential future GNAC football-playing members? Your best bets are easy to find: SOU, EOU, College of Idaho, and Carroll College. The latter two are fully funded (24 scholarships) in the NAIA and have excellent facilities. EOU is in the sticks and might not be able to pull it off, but even they are building/fixing up some new facilities. SOU has been winning a lot of late (an NAIA title recently) and are on a freeway and in a nice location. Certainly for SOU and EOU I would think freeway trips to SoCal, Canada, Monmouth, and Ellensburg, are easier than one-way 18-hour, two-lane highway trips to Montana.

I'm guessing, but not sure, the annual volleyball, men's and women's hoop trips to Alaska, might be something they consider financially.

Comment

Much too bad for HSU and the rest of the GNAC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X