Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Humboldt State will discontinue after 2018 season

Couple things and I'm not sure any of this is true: Humboldt players can transfer immediately and be eligible except at GNAC schools. I need to check that.

Also, the LSC scheduling agreement is being worked on an if it comes to fruition, it could mark the end of GNAC round robin play. If true, I need to buy Cat92 a brew, he's been wishing for that for years.

Comment

Believe me we have turned that corner. Our sight are now on the prez!

Comment

Believe me after getting blind sided last week (although not totally unexpected) we have set our sites on the prez.

Comment

[QUOTE=Techster88;2234125]

Comment

I'll be honest, I preferred the regular off season on these forums with wishing for lights and upgraded bathrooms at Tomlinson Field. That was wishful thinking (and thankfully came to fruition this offseason), not sad like this thread is for all GNAC fans.

I wish you luck Ratpackjack and maybe after that you can find a President and AD to bring back football! Better luck than WWU in that for sure.

Comment

Re: Humboldt State Football Entering Final Season

Originally posted by tsull View Post
              RMAC not involved in this. Scheduling alliance most likely coming very soon between LSC and GNAC, each GNAC teams allegedly getting 3 non-conference games from the LSC. That's the rumor out there. Again, RMAC is full, not involved in this.
              Presuming there'd still be the double round robin with the remaining four GNAC schools, that only gets you to nine games, so Azusa, CWU, SFU and WOU are still going to have to fill two more open dates.
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                Presuming there'd still be the double round robin with the remaining four GNAC schools, that only gets you to nine games, so Azusa, CWU, SFU and WOU are still going to have to fill two more open dates.
                Yes, they will probably fill holes with RMAC schools and other conference schools. But the are RMAC is not involved in the formal scheduling alliance with the Lone Star conference, from what I've heard.

Comment

Either that, or 10-game, or even 9-game schedules become the norm. Humboldt and Simon Fraser are playing 10 game schedules this year I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Northeast01 View Post
                    Either that, or 10-game, or even 9-game schedules become the norm. Humboldt and Simon Fraser are playing 10 game schedules this year I believe.
                    WOU has varies from 10 to 11 games over the years. I don't have a problem with 10 as long as they get more home games, which sometimes WOU struggles with.

Comment

Thanks, Brandon, immediately the WOU doom and gloom was coming up like a few months ago when a D3 fan got on here and said it was over in Monmouth. Huh? We're all in the same boat here, we'll see if NAIA squads want to move up, if MSU-Billings wants to start the sport (they've formed a task force to look into it), whether Carroll College wants to go D2 (they've also started discussions), and if the Mexican University is serious about American football. The RMAC and LSC ships have sailed.
                      why would NAIA schools, which are in a solid Frontier conference, want to 'move up' to a league that is dysfunctional at best, crumbling at worst? The NAIA is the correct fit for certain schools.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post
                        why would NAIA schools, which are in a solid Frontier conference, want to 'move up' to a league that is dysfunctional at best, crumbling at worst? The NAIA is the correct fit for certain schools.
                        The GNAC isn't dysfunctional. It simply has a football problem. The NAIA IS the correct fit for certain schools - even some that are D2 right now. By that same token, D2 is the correct fit for some schools currently in the NAIA.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                          The GNAC isn't dysfunctional. It simply has a football problem. The NAIA IS the correct fit for certain schools - even some that are D2 right now. By that same token, D2 is the correct fit for some schools currently in the NAIA.
                          Humboldt State is dysfunctional the Gnac is fine

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                            Some Frointier schools, like LC State, CoI, Carroll, Providence, are set up for DII. Others, like Montana Western, Montana Tech, are not set up for DII.

I do see Carroll and CoI moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                              Some Frointier schools, like LC State, CoI, Carroll, Providence, are set up for DII. Others, like Montana Western, Montana Tech, are not set up for DII.

I do see Carroll and CoI moving up.
                              LC State will stay NAIA, they host the NAIA World Series every year and usually win it and they draw well. They don't ever want to leave that. I grew up 30 miles from Lewiston and LCSC could cut all sports except baseball and the community would be good with it. They're staying NAIA.

I don't see any Northwest/Frontier schools moving up to D2, they've had zillions of opportunities over the years to do so and have not moved. What you see is what you get. SOU people brag to WOU folks that, "We played and won the NAIA title game, what have you done?" EOU isn't set up for D2 at all; College of Idaho could make the move, especially with rival NNU 6 miles away, they have no desire to do so or they would've done so. No study, no committee to look into, nothing, they're staying. Carroll is playing Linfield in football this year, interesting because the NWC is known for shying away from any school with scholarships and Carroll has 24 schollies.

I don't see any movement in the Northwest, unless it's a basketball only deal, which the GNAC doesn't need. They would've moved by now if they wanted to move.

Comment

LC State will stay NAIA, they host the NAIA World Series every year and usually win it and they draw well. They don't ever want to leave that. I grew up 30 miles from Lewiston and LCSC could cut all sports except baseball and the community would be good with it. They're staying NAIA.

I don't see any Northwest/Frontier schools moving up to D2, they've had zillions of opportunities over the years to do so and have not moved. What you see is what you get. SOU people brag to WOU folks that, "We played and won the NAIA title game, what have you done?" EOU isn't set up for D2 at all; College of Idaho could make the move, especially with rival NNU 6 miles away, they have no desire to do so or they would've done so. No study, no committee to look into, nothing, they're staying. Carroll is playing Linfield in football this year, interesting because the NWC is known for shying away from any school with scholarships and Carroll has 24 schollies.

I don't see any movement in the Northwest, unless it's a basketball only deal, which the GNAC doesn't need. They would've moved by now if they wanted to move.
                                I did some research on the football playing NAIA schools in the western part of the country.

Institution ............... City ........................ Pop ....... Enroll ... Budget ........ No. Sports

Montana-Northern .... Haure, MT ............. 9,846 ........ 892 ..... $2,193, 509 .... 11
                                Carroll College ......... Helena, MT .......... 31,169 ...... 1,317 ..... $6,328, 947 .... 11
                                Montana Tech .......... Butte, MT ............ 36,400 ...... 1,672 ..... $3,480,671 ....... 6
                                Montana Western ..... Dillon, MT ............. 4,134 ...... 1,230 ..... $2,437,890 ....... 8
                                Rocky Mountain ....... Billings, MT ........ 169,676 ......... 857 ..... $5,229,931 ..... 12
                                College of Idaho ...... Caldwell, ID ......... 46,237 ......... 918 ..... $4,208,119 ..... 17
                                Southern Oregon ..... Asland, OR .......... 21,000 ....... 3,507 .... $4,679,483 ...... 15
                                Menlo .................... Atherton, CA ......... 7,159 .......... 760 ..... $8,397,827 ..... 13
                                Arizona Christian ..... Phoenix, AZ .... 1,612,678 .......... 651 ..... $3,865,767 ..... 16

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X