Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Humboldt State Football Entering Final Season

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    The Lone Star Conference is actually at nine football teams after associate member Oklahoma Panhandle dropped to NAIA: Angelo State, Eastern New Mexico, Midwestern State, Tarleton State, Texas A&M Commerce, Texas A&M Kingsville, Texas-Permian Basin, West Texas A&M and Western New Mexico. Should Azusa become an LSC affiliate, THAT would get the LSC to 10 teams.

As far as the RMAC is concerned, they're at 11 teams currently. Presuming that Central Washington, Simon Fraser and Western Oregon are even offered RMAC associate membership, it gets the RMAC to a manageable 14 teams for football (obviously, not perfect, but not as unwieldy or impossible as you'd think with two seven-team divisions lessening the travel burden).
    No, this is not true. The RMAC is not involved here. Lion fan said why so certain? I have a good source, who has yet to be wrong. APU would not be the only GNAC school brought into the scheduling AGREEMENT -- again, not membership, AGREEMENT.

If the agreement is solidified, GNAC schools each get 3 non-conference games with the LSC. This is what I've heard. Again, the RMAC is NOT involved in this; the LSC is (they've often played GNAC in non-conference), and it would be an agreement, not membership.

Comment

Re: Humboldt State will discontinue after 2018 season

Originally posted by outsidezone69 View Post
      More interesting information coming out. Robbins undermined the program.

http://krcrtv.com/north-coast-news/e...otball-program
      This will get nastier. Giving the team one more season is their mistake if they really wanted to stop football. I hope this will give folks time to organize more and potentially run these "decision makers" out of town.

I've seen this unfold before, at UAB. They cut football and then had to bring it back after the stink it caused.
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by CWU_Wildcats View Post
        I feel like WOU maybe next too. Lone Star would love APU and they must consider it now for stability. That leaves SFU and CWU hoping to get into the RMAC with a max of one spot open. Today is the day GNAC football died.
        Hopefully the LSC & RMAC teams can fill the open dates in 2019 from Humboldt State's ceasing of football operations.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
          Hopefully the LSC & RMAC teams can fill the open dates in 2019 from Humboldt State's ceasing of football operations.
          RMAC not involved in this. Scheduling alliance most likely coming very soon between LSC and GNAC, each GNAC teams allegedly getting 3 non-conference games from the LSC. That's the rumor out there. Again, RMAC is full, not involved in this.

Comment

Man, this sucks. The President and AD of HSU are a bunch of grade A asshats. I'm wondering if this is worse than the way WWU did it. HSU pulled a Clay Bennett and the Sonics on HSU fans.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
              RMAC not involved in this. Scheduling alliance most likely coming very soon between LSC and GNAC, each GNAC teams allegedly getting 3 non-conference games from the LSC. That's the rumor out there. Again, RMAC is full, not involved in this.
              Each RMAC school has an open weekend throughout the season.

Comment

Originally posted by outsidezone69 View Post
                More interesting information coming out. Robbins undermined the program.

http://krcrtv.com/north-coast-news/e...otball-program
                Mr. Redd, with all due respect, stop focusing on lackey AD running interference and set your sights on the real culprits.....Humboldt Prez and Admin. You have now until the end of the year to throw them under the bus at every turn. Make sure everyone knows who is responsible for the demise of football so they can feel the heat for some time.

Comment

The Daily Record goes a little into this from CWU's perspective, saying that the 2019 season was already filled out and 2 new games now need to be found. They mention talks between the 4 remaining schools and the GNAC that will be happening to discuss the football future, so hopefully some good can come from that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                    The Daily Record goes a little into this from CWU's perspective, saying that the 2019 season was already filled out and 2 new games now need to be found. They mention talks between the 4 remaining schools and the GNAC that will be happening to discuss the football future, so hopefully some good can come from that.
                    Sounds like the LSC scheduling agreement is getting closer -- can't guarantee it -- but if so, props to the GNAC commish on this, and thank you LSC for agreeing, they've been an excellent non-conference league for the GNAC over the years.
                    Last edited by tsull; 07-19-2018, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Everyone should wear t shirts with AD and prez faces on donkeys for last home game

QUOTE=UNALions;2234053]This will get nastier. Giving the team one more season is their mistake if they really wanted to stop football. I hope this will give folks time to organize more and potentially run these "decision makers" out of town.

I've seen this unfold before, at UAB. They cut football and then had to bring it back after the stink it caused.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
                        Not surprised based on the vibe we've all been getting these past few seasons.

No disrespect to Humboldt fans in moving on quickly, but the focus for the remaining schools is to find a way to fill those holes in the schedule in 2019. This is difficult at best.

I can already tell you what we'll read here:
                        We need to move up
                        We need to move down
                        Bring back the old Columbia Football Assoc
                        Combine with LSC
                        Combine with RMAC
                        Get rid of football

CWU is clearly trying to make football a priority and in the short term we will benefit from the purge of HSU talent....... remember WWU transfers in 2009?........ but yet another blow to west coast football.
                        I'd be very excited to join the FCS. It's be much easier on our program travel-wise considering there are nearby opponents we could play.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyHigh
                          They've put on an absolute circus.
                          Imagine the School President & administration saying Bah Humbug to Humboldt. Terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                            This will get nastier. Giving the team one more season is their mistake if they really wanted to stop football. I hope this will give folks time to organize more and potentially run these "decision makers" out of town.

I've seen this unfold before, at UAB. They cut football and then had to bring it back after the stink it caused.
                            Having one more season to celebrate, the supporters of the program need to come up with some logo's on shirts, "Make Humboldt Great Again'
                            Last edited by Michael Whitfield; 07-23-2018, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by InspectorMamba View Post
                              I'd be very excited to join the FCS. It's be much easier on our program travel-wise considering there are nearby opponents we could play.
                              Same is true for CWU, being their closest game this season is an FCS away game in Cheney. They'd also lose the trips to Alaska in all other sports, especially in the dead of winter for basketball. Money though is what I see holding CWU back, but the FCS level is certainly more healthy than the D2 level for football here along the Pacific. The Big Sky is definitely more healthy than the GNAC in football.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                                Same is true for CWU, being their closest game this season is an FCS away game in Cheney. They'd also lose the trips to Alaska in all other sports, especially in the dead of winter for basketball. Money though is what I see holding CWU back, but the FCS level is certainly more healthy than the D2 level for football here along the Pacific. The Big Sky is definitely more healthy than the GNAC in football.
                                This has been discussed many times. If CWU could triple their athletic budget, they would still be at the tail end of Big Sky Conference programs. Montana and Montana State lead the Big Sky with budgets approaching $20MM. Tripling the CWU budget would have them at under $10MM. And that doesn't begin to account for the discrepancies in facilities.

Unless a HUGE donor comes along, FCS is not an option that I see.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X