Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 11-5-18 Regional Ranking

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    This weekend's game vs APU will be huge! CWU better get into the playoffs if they win this game. If not, it will be nearly as upsetting as the D1 CFP only taking 4 teams. I still don't understand why they don't just take 8 teams per region. Why does a team in each region need a first round bye? Might as well expand playoffs to 32 teams, or shrink to 24.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
      This weekend's game vs APU will be huge! CWU better get into the playoffs if they win this game. If not, it will be nearly as upsetting as the D1 CFP only taking 4 teams. I still don't understand why they don't just take 8 teams per region. Why does a team in each region need a first round bye? Might as well expand playoffs to 32 teams, or shrink to 24.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
        Let's be honest, Kingsville may get that trip to Ellensburg next year depending on the proposed alliance. I can see them making CWU travel to Kingsville though to spite CWU for dropping the game.
        Should of kept our trip this year even if you would've had to play it at a high school stadium with a capacity of 500. You probably would have beaten us and the playoff mess would be much clearer for you all.

Hopefully your AD learned a lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
          Should of kept our trip this year even if you would've had to play it at a high school stadium with a capacity of 500. You probably would have beaten us and the playoff mess would be much clearer for you all.

I am not sure he did. We scheduled Idaho (FCS) next year.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

I still don't think that was as big a problem as losing to a middle-of-the-road WTAM team.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
              I still don't think that was as big a problem as losing to a middle-of-the-road WTAM team.
              It reduced the margin for error. With a full DII schedule, one loss wouldn't have been the ball buster it has become.

Comment

Originally posted by the tav View Post
                It's tough when you have half the amount of scholarships then Western Washington University. How did WWU become a juggernaut in basketball? Oh, wait.
                Not a juggernaut anymore, WOU has been to a Final 4 and hosted regionals in two of the last 3 years. WWU lost to St. Martin's in the GNAC tourney, their two best players transferred out. People have caught up to them in hoop. They're still good, but not daunting.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
                  Not a juggernaut anymore, WOU has been to a Final 4 and hosted regionals in two of the last 3 years. WWU lost to St. Martin's in the GNAC tourney, their two best players transferred out. People have caught up to them in hoop. They're still good, but not daunting.
                  I'm assuming? So don't blast me. WOU basketball must be at their scholarship limit?

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

CWU could have had another D2 victory against TAMUK, that would have offset the loss to WTAM; which would helped your numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post
                      CWU could have had another D2 victory against TAMUK, that would have offset the loss to WTAM; which would helped your numbers.
                      HOGSVRR did you know that CWU not playing TAMUK hurt their playoff chance's? Just checking, I wasn't sure if you were aware of that.

Comment

Originally posted by the tav View Post
                        I'm assuming? So don't blast me. WOU basketball must be at their scholarship limit?
                        You would be correct ... I think. Certainly hovering near the max thanks to some enthusiastic boosters.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                          It reduced the margin for error. With a full DII schedule, one loss wouldn't have been the ball buster it has become.
                          Correct. A win over a two win team like ours ( you have to cancel out the third against and NAIA) would have been more beneficial at this point vs the EWU game.

I hate the rationale DII uses to punish or not reward schools for playing up, especially if you have no choice because of geography or scheduling conflicts. It used to be ten or twenty years ago, you would get rewarded. That was before the stats people got ahold of the thing in the name of "fairness". In 1993, TAMUK made the playoffs with a 5-5 record as the forth seed. Thank god this board wasn't around because holy heck would of rained down. But if I recall, we played a brutal non conference schedule which included Southwest Texas and Sam Houston (Div 1-AA). Portland State ( You all know how good they were back then) and Mississippi College (who was a D2 Power back then) and Central State our of Ohio (NAIA, but they could of kicked the crap out of most D1-AA schools back then). Once conference came, we kicked tail and got into the playoffs and pounded Portland State and UC Davis on the road and lost a very close game to North Alabama in the Semis on their home turf.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X