• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WT New Stadium

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
      That is going to be a really cool set up with all of the sports fields right there, but that is going to make parking a nightmare I would think!

Comment

Totally agree Herb, Buffalo Bowl could of been refurbished. ( sorry I still like the name Buffalo Bowl) , I guarantee student attendance will be no higher at the new stadium nor attendance in general. Maybe the first game then back to the same attendance.

Comment

Crown in drawing looks a bit too large for a WT game. Should of kept a Carthel as coach, I see a few more years of soso football coming

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
            Our daughter and son-in-law bought a house in Austin 2.5 years ago, just off N Lamar and Braker Ln, about 6/7 minutes east of the Domain. Paid $260,000. House across and down the street just sold for $350,000, not as nice and a bit smaller. Realtor told our son-in-law she'd list their house for $379,000. It's crazy!
            Yes reminds of early 80s many people from Northern STates moving to Tx. American Airline employees all came from NY to Ft Worth. Oil was booming... happening again. My neice in Chicago is moving to Austin, my cousins 2 girls in Illinois went to smu and met couple of well to do guys and are staying. Population is exploding for sure , not so much in Amarillo but Dallas, Austin, SA , Houston

Comment

Originally posted by bufffan78 View Post
              Totally agree Herb, Buffalo Bowl could of been refurbished. ( sorry I still like the name Buffalo Bowl) , I guarantee student attendance will be no higher at the new stadium nor attendance in general. Maybe the first game then back to the same attendance.
              Obviously you don't totally agree. Herb is talking about $$$. Your talking about nostalgia. Kimbrough was easily twice as much to renovate as it was to build a new stadium.

Comment

Get over it. Carthel is gone and he is not coming back. Jump on board or get left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffTough View Post
                  Get over it. Winning is gone and its is not coming back. Jump on board or get left behind.
                  fixed it for you guys!
                  I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                    fixed it for you guys!
                    You won't be saying that when we take the wagon wheel this year.

Comment

Yes i will! (and thats a pretty big if there!)

Honestly I am waiting for the other shoe to drop, ENMU usually takes a step back after a season like last year. I think Lee is working hard at keeping last years momentum but.... things do happen.

Comment

Comment

Im touched, really.....

;)

Come on season!

Comment

Obviously you don't totally agree. Herb is talking about $$$. Your talking about nostalgia. Kimbrough was easily twice as much to renovate as it was to build a new stadium.
                            Get over it. Carthel is gone and he is not coming back. Jump on board or get left behind.
                            Exactly. Go trade in your Maroon for Blue and Gold. Move on Oldtimer...

Comment

Originally posted by bufffan78 View Post

Comment

The seeds of the Kimbrough debacle were sown decades ago, way before any of the current admin folks came onto the scene. If Kimbrough was going to be renovated, it would have had to be in full cooperation with Canyon ISD, the tenant for the next 70-some years. When CISD wasn't willing to help front the cost of a proper reno, WT either lives with the deal or goes its own way. In a perfect world, CISD and WT would have split the cost and restored the stadium to landmark status as it once was. But CISD wouldn't go along. That's not WT's fault, and it isn't necessarily Canyon ISD's either. Heck all they need is a high school field with some lights. Done.

I don't fault WT for going their own way. There is a lot to be said for a shiny new stadium that is an actual part of the campus landscape. I'm not crazy about the capacity, but that stadium size would still work perfectly even if and when WT made the jump to FCS.

This is the first time I've seen any images of the thing and it looks good.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X