Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yeah there is that too. Haha.

I need to quit posting when I am too tired to proofread.

Irregardless I think you get the point otherwise playoffs is a mute point. ;)
    I see what you did there! Very cleaver!

Comment

• Originally posted by texcap View Post

I see what you did there! Very cleaver!
      Ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

WT, as well as many others, notoriously "over counts" their attendance. Be that way for years.
        I checked with the WT athletic office and reconfirmed (my 70 year old memory) what I was told a few years ago regarding attendance counts. WT has a reliable and long-standing way of counting attendance: paid + students scanned. That would mean......season tickets sold + game tickets sold + students scanned upon entry. The 9,414 homecoming is a SOLID number based on that formula and process.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I checked with the WT athletic office and reconfirmed (my 70 year old memory) what I was told a few years ago regarding attendance counts. WT has a reliable and long-standing way of counting attendance: paid + students scanned. That would mean......season tickets sold + game tickets sold + students scanned upon entry. The 9,414 homecoming is a SOLID number based on that formula and process.
          So if a season ticket holder never goes to a game, they are counted anyway? That doesn't sound like "attendance" to me.

Comment

Exactly what many other schools do. Trust me, it's as accurate as FiveThirtyEight Polls!

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

So if a season ticket holder never goes to a game, they are counted anyway? That doesn't sound like "attendance" to me.
              EXACTLY. It also counts tickets bought, and never used, by companies and sponsors. And counts tickets "donated" (and never used) by the university.

Comment

EXACTLY. It also counts tickets bought, and never used, by companies and sponsors. And counts tickets "donated" (and never used) by the university.
                It doesn't seem honest, any more than selling a 12K stadium to the students then building a much smaller one. However it appears to be "normal", at least by Bill Clinton standards. This is a quote from an old Forbes article (the link to the entire article is below).

"Is it Right?

If you’re asking whether this is all right or wrong, the answer is, it depends on the point of view. Some are shady, while the ticket seller for a club says, “we’re creative to bring fans in.” Fair enough.

But, when you read the boxscore or hear that a game is sold out, think again. Remember it’s all about the money these days, and what the public sees as attendance figure and the actual number of butts in the seats are assuredly two different things. Don't ever confuse the two."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sportsm...h=11edf4262b2a

Comment

Exactly what many other schools do. Trust me, it's as accurate as FiveThirtyEight Polls!
                  That being the case, it's possible then, that a 9,000 seat venue could easily report a 12,000 + crowd.

If a program (WT) get's it's act together, starts rolling, winning consecutive championships again......getting the BUZZ back etc,. you can pack fans in. If WT ever reaches a situation where demand soars, WT could also find value in a software update allowing resale opportunities for unused season ticket and commercial seats sold. That'd be good for the ticket holders and for WT.

"IF" WT ever gets it rolling again! Hope springs eternal.

Comment

That being the case, it's possible then, that a 9,000 seat venue could easily report a 12,000 + crowd.

If a program (WT) get's it's act together, starts rolling, winning consecutive championships again......getting the BUZZ back etc,. you can pack fans in. If WT ever reaches a situation where demand soars, WT could also find value in a software update allowing resale opportunities for unused season ticket and commercial seats sold. That'd be good for the ticket holders and for WT.

"IF" WT ever gets it rolling again! Hope springs eternal.
                    Assuming WT can get past Western Oregon this weekend...

Next week would be a perfect opportunity to advertise the Central Washington game as a must win for the playoff push and lets pack the stands.

Its a long long shot but if WT wins out, upsets in the LSC, and there is parity in the NSIC there could be a 30/70 chance WT hosts a first round playoff game as a 4 seed.

Comment

Next week would be a perfect opportunity to advertise the Central Washington game as a must win for the playoff push and lets pack the stands.

Its a long long shot but if WT wins out, upsets in the LSC, and there is parity in the NSIC there could be a 30/70 chance WT hosts a first round playoff game as a 4 seed.

You really are a dreamer! Do you expect the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl this year too?

Maybe WT will finally get their National Championship! Just because Hughes can't beat Angelo or Kingsville doesn't mean he can't beat any other D2 team!

NOT.

Comment

Gummies or rolled?

Comment

Gummies or rolled?
                          Both when I retire.

The NSIC and RMAC middle of the pack teams have horrible strengths of schedules so its possible (not probable).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X