Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Players On Your Team 2018

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
    I keep wondering if QB is really the issue. I thought grossly stupid actions/inactions were the biggest problem last year. At the spring game I thought the Fr from Houston was the most promising. Austin Tracy or Tracy Austin (whichever the heck it is) looked good.
    By players or coaches?

Comment

Offense RB Xavier Turner
      Defense DL Tyrell Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
        By players or coaches?
        Players but that is reflection on the coaches. IMO winning coaches teach how to handle unusual situations.

Comment

Players but that is reflection on the coaches. IMO winning coaches teach how to handle unusual situations.
          I absolutely agree.

Comment

I keep wondering if QB is really the issue. I thought grossly stupid actions/inactions were the biggest problem last year. At the spring game I thought the Fr from Houston was the most promising. Austin Tracy or Tracy Austin (whichever the heck it is) looked good.
            The ASU QBs have got to do a better job of protecting the ball this season. That is the number one job of any QB; take care of the ball!!! If you are a turnover machine, your team doesn't stand a chance to be successful.

Rotherham was a turnover machine last season and I didn't see anything at the Spring Game that changed that thought(he fumbled the ball on the 1st snap of 3 straight drives, plus threw a pick). The jury is still out on Cook because of his injury, but he turned the ball over during the Spring Game as well.

Comment

AMEN!!!

Comment

They are putting in a huge azzed scoreboard by the tennis courts.
                Last edited by AngeloFan; 07-21-2018, 07:30 AM.

Comment

They are putting in a huge azzed scoreboard by the tennis courts.
                  Went by today at lunch and the scoreboard installation is complete. I believe they will begin testing and all of that sort of thing either today or tomorrow. That thing is BIG! I don't know how it compares to others in the conference and don't really care, it will be a nice addition to the stadium. On a related note, have any of you ASU folks in San Angelo been by the stadium since they installed the bronze Ram? Holy Crapoly that thing is huge! I'm 6' tall and I had to look up to see the bottom of the nose on that thing. Seriously big.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                    Went by today at lunch and the scoreboard installation is complete. I believe they will begin testing and all of that sort of thing either today or tomorrow. That thing is BIG! I don't know how it compares to others in the conference and don't really care, it will be a nice addition to the stadium. On a related note, have any of you ASU folks in San Angelo been by the stadium since they installed the bronze Ram? Holy Crapoly that thing is huge! I'm 6' tall and I had to look up to see the bottom of the nose on that thing. Seriously big.
                    I saw the Ram on the trailer the day it was installed. It is huge. Another gift from the LeGrands.

Not sure who donated the scoreboard but the money has been available for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                      I would keep an eye on Nathan and Ayo.

Defensively, Jackson is good....but watch Jones....he will be a nightmare for QBs.

Heard Jackson is no longer on the team. Transferred in hopes of playing DI and will sit this season out.

Comment

Originally posted by DIIguru View Post
                        Heard Jackson is no longer on the team. Transferred in hopes of playing DI and will sit this season out.
                        Good luck to him.

As stated, while Jackson is (was) good, Jones is my pick for best defensive player for ASU.

Comment

That would make since if he was soph or Jr. Think he was a Fr RS and went through spring training so I don't think he will even get to work out with his new team in the fall or spring. It will be tough.

Comment

Where did you hear this?

Comment

Originally posted by Hayden Fox View Post
                              The ASU QBs have got to do a better job of protecting the ball this season. That is the number one job of any QB; take care of the ball!!! If you are a turnover machine, your team doesn't stand a chance to be successful.

Rotherham was a turnover machine last season and I didn't see anything at the Spring Game that changed that thought(he fumbled the ball on the 1st snap of 3 straight drives, plus threw a pick). The jury is still out on Cook because of his injury, but he turned the ball over during the Spring Game as well.
                              This is unacceptable at any level of football. If HC is tolerant of same amount of turnovers this year as last, then I would have to say accountability is NOT In him. At this point, AD will have to endure the criticism because HC is not going to change and nor is his record.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                                This is unacceptable at any level of football. If HC is tolerant of same amount of turnovers this year as last, then I would have to say accountability is NOT In him. At this point, AD will have to endure the criticism because HC is not going to change and nor is his record.
                                So how much do you really know. Carson Cook had a season ending injury and Jake Faber missed 3/4 games due to injury. Rotherham was the last man standing without going to a RS Fr. Coaches didn't have a lot of options and on several occasions played Faber hurt. Sometimes coaches have to play with the hand they dealt themselves.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X