Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Update on Tarleton Football Stadium

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
    Looks really nice. Just one question. Did they remove that archaic scoreboard on the north end of the stadium ? It still appears to be present in the video.
    Funny thing about that scoreboard was that it was put in around 2005-ish... the old school scoreboard by the field house has been replaced with the new instant replay board. What I hate is the pathetically camouflaged sound system that isn't very good to begin with.

Comment

Looks really nice. Just one question. Did they remove that archaic scoreboard on the north end of the stadium ? It still appears to be present in the video.
      The archaic one was the one on the end by the Fieldhouse. The one on the west end was installed like 2007 or 2008 (I think)...it was high-tech then. And now... I wonder if they'll just use it for advertising instead of the crazy graphics that come preloaded. (and player pics, etc.).

Looks good Tarleton. Nice job!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas48 View Post
        The archaic one was the one on the end by the Fieldhouse. The one on the west end was installed like 2007 or 2008 (I think)...it was high-tech then. And now... I wonder if they'll just use it for advertising instead of the crazy graphics that come preloaded. (and player pics, etc.).

Looks good Tarleton. Nice job!
        I remember on the recruiting/offer trip to Tarleton, we were told the board was new and that was '08.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
          I remember on the recruiting/offer trip to Tarleton, we were told the board was new and that was '08.
          I guess, it just looks out of date and out of place when compared to the rest of the stadium in the digital age with the replay board. Isn't there a local HS in need of an out dated scoreboard in the area?
          Last edited by Techster88; 08-06-2019, 06:07 PM.

Comment

I guess, it just looks out of date and out of place when compared to the rest of the stadium in the digital age with the replay board. Isn't there a local HS in need of an out dated scoreboard in the area?
            Drink a few more. LMAO.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
              The home side is being switched to what was the visitor side. The plain Jane metal bleachers are gone and being replaced by the new four story stands. Phase II is the demolition of the current home stands with the purple T and replaced with new visitor and student seating. Not sure when Phase II will begin.

My understanding is new capacity will be somewhere between 9,000 and 10,000.
              The capacity of between 9,000 & 10,000 should qualify Tarleton for favorable FCS consideration. The Texans can probably compete now with most of the Southland Conference members in event the SLC decides to expand.

Comment

Yeah, I think Three Way or Lingleville was looking for a good used one for 6-man!

Comment

Tarleton to host grand opening of Memorial Stadium on Aug. 20. anyone goin? if so take pics for us out-of-towners

Comment

https://twitter.com/tarletonsports/s...865854464?s=21

Nice.

Comment

The LonnTron!

Comment

Originally posted by Texan37 View Post
                        Tarleton to host grand opening of Memorial Stadium on Aug. 20. anyone goin? if so take pics for us out-of-towners
                        Article says expansion of seating from 7,400 to more than 10,000. Also sounds like a bunch of khob knobbing will be taking place with A&M Sharp local politicians and Tarleton brass.

Comment

Article says expansion of seating from 7,400 to more than 10,000. Also sounds like a bunch of khob knobbing will be taking place with A&M Sharp local politicians and Tarleton brass.
                          Would you expect anything less?

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
                            The LonnTron!
                            If #LonnTron becomes a thing, I want it noted that I coined the phrase here
                            http://www.d2football.com/forum/show...40#post2399440

You're welcome TSU.
                            Tarleton State Texan
                            Texas State Bobcat

Comment

Speaking of Lonn, kinda of surprised he would schedule up SFA again after he got trampled last year trying to keep the Tarleton players away from the SFA players during the wait time before the game that never happened.

Comment

Speaking of Lonn, kinda of surprised he would schedule up SFA again after he got trampled last year trying to keep the Tarleton players away from the SFA players during the wait time before the game that never happened.
                                I believe it was a 2 season contract.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X