Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commerce 2018 roster

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Commerce 2018 roster

    Champs 2018 roster is up on the website. Lots of low numbers still not assigned, so Im guessing the transfers arent yet listed and some freshman are competing for those skill spots. OL looks huge, mostly 6'3" or better and north of 300lbs.

    https://lionathletics.com/roster.asp...&path=football

  • #2
    Re: Commerce 2018 roster

    Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Champs 2018 roster is up on the website. Lots of low numbers still not assigned, so Im guessing the transfers arent yet listed and some freshman are competing for those skill spots. OL looks huge, mostly 6'3" or better and north of 300lbs.

    https://lionathletics.com/roster.asp...&path=football
    I don't see any of the transfers on there, looks like they (for the most part) just removed the ones that graduated/transferred, haven't added any new ones yet. I also didn't notice any surprise big names missing, which is always good. Depending on QB play, this should be a really fun year. TON of skill position players returning, and the defense returns all the major players and looked unstoppable as the season went on last year. Wouldn't be surprised to see us run a little more this year with EJ and Hale in the backfield, and Ovie Urevbu returning from injury.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Commerce 2018 roster

      :wink:
      Originally posted by LionFan View Post
      I don't see any of the transfers on there, looks like they (for the most part) just removed the ones that graduated/transferred, haven't added any new ones yet. I also didn't notice any surprise big names missing, which is always good. Depending on QB play, this should be a really fun year. TON of skill position players returning, and the defense returns all the major players and looked unstoppable as the season went on last year. Wouldn't be surprised to see us run a little more this year with EJ and Hale in the backfield, and Ovie Urevbu returning from injury.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Commerce 2018 roster

        Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
        :wink:
        :bulgy-eyes:

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Commerce 2018 roster

          Originally posted by LionFan View Post
          I don't see any of the transfers on there, looks like they (for the most part) just removed the ones that graduated/transferred, haven't added any new ones yet. I also didn't notice any surprise big names missing, which is always good. Depending on QB play, this should be a really fun year. TON of skill position players returning, and the defense returns all the major players and looked unstoppable as the season went on last year. Wouldn't be surprised to see us run a little more this year with EJ and Hale in the backfield, and Ovie Urevbu returning from injury.
          That appears to be the case. This is not THE 2018 Roster.

          Lots of talent to play with, but it is EXTREMELY difficult to replace an NFL caliber QB and get another natty. Perez was one of those special guys that dont come around often.

          Last year, all the stars aligned and Perez led the team to a natty. It was a magical year for sure. But, that's in the history books. Now's it's 2018 and it all starts a new.

          Good luck!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Commerce 2018 roster

            Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
            That appears to be the case. This is not THE 2018 Roster.

            Lots of talent to play with, but it is EXTREMELY difficult to replace an NFL caliber QB and get another natty. Perez was one of those special guys that dont come around often.

            Last year, all the stars aligned and Perez led the team to a natty. It was a magical year for sure. But, that's in the history books. Now's it's 2018 and it all starts a new.

            Good luck!
            Totally agree. That's why I'm thinking we run a bit more this year. We've got a great OL and RB, and can make life a little easier until new QB is comfy

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Commerce 2018 roster

              Originally posted by LionFan View Post
              I don't see any of the transfers on there, looks like they (for the most part) just removed the ones that graduated/transferred, haven't added any new ones yet. I also didn't notice any surprise big names missing, which is always good. Depending on QB play, this should be a really fun year. TON of skill position players returning, and the defense returns all the major players and looked unstoppable as the season went on last year. Wouldn't be surprised to see us run a little more this year with EJ and Hale in the backfield, and Ovie Urevbu returning from injury.
              Yes, I imagine a more balanced offense this season too. Plus Kane Wilson is a real dual threat. Play action should be hard to stop this year with a big, fast QB not afraid to tuck it & turn up field (not that Perez was afraid to do that, but it wasnt in his DNA like it looks like with Wilson).

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Commerce 2018 roster

                Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                Yes, I imagine a more balanced offense this season too. Plus Kane Wilson is a real dual threat. Play action should be hard to stop this year with a big, fast QB not afraid to tuck it & turn up field (not that Perez was afraid to do that, but it wasnt in his DNA like it looks like with Wilson).
                Yea, I'm really excited to see Vincent Hobbs this year. Wilson pulling a play action and sucking up the Linebackers is going to make Hobbs' life easy in the middle of the field

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Commerce 2018 roster

                  Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                  Yea, I'm really excited to see Vincent Hobbs this year. Wilson pulling a play action and sucking up the Linebackers is going to make Hobbs' life easy in the middle of the field
                  Or even just safety valve stuff to the RBs out of the backfield - that worked well for us late in the season last year. But yeah, Hobbs could have a monster season.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Commerce 2018 roster

                    Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                    Champs 2018 roster is up on the website. Lots of low numbers still not assigned, so Im guessing the transfers arent yet listed and some freshman are competing for those skill spots. OL looks huge, mostly 6'3" or better and north of 300lbs.

                    https://lionathletics.com/roster.asp...&path=football
                    Sounds like the Lions players are being well fed. Perhaps more than two scoops of ice cream in the dining hall.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Commerce 2018 roster

                      Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                      Yes, I imagine a more balanced offense this season too. Plus Kane Wilson is a real dual threat. Play action should be hard to stop this year with a big, fast QB not afraid to tuck it & turn up field (not that Perez was afraid to do that, but it wasnt in his DNA like it looks like with Wilson).
                      Can’t wait to see Preston Wheeler ;-)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Commerce 2018 roster

                        Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
                        Can’t wait to see Preston Wheeler ;-)
                        I know you cant buddy, I know...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Commerce 2018 roster

                          Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
                          Sounds like the Lions players are being well fed. Perhaps more than two scoops of ice cream in the dining hall.
                          Them and trump!
                          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Commerce 2018 roster

                            Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                            Them and trump!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Commerce 2018 roster

                              Old news story where the press was reporting that trump got 2 scoops everyone else got 1.
                              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X