Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 WT Season

Chip what ever happen to the buffs away games being televised ( KAMK 4 ) was this do to the ncaa violation?

Comment

Originally posted by Little squirrel View Post
      Chip what ever happen to the buffs away games being televised ( KAMK 4 ) was this do to the ncaa violation?
      Lack of interest and sponsors I believe

Comment

Originally posted by Little squirrel View Post
        losing........ ;) i kid i kid....
        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
          More truth than humor to your statement. I was in the meeting when the subject of televising WT football was first brought up at KAMR. The general manager asked if the sales department could sell the advertising. The sales manager (a graduate of ENMU) said absolutely not. It would never work! It sold out in less than 24 hours.

KAMR never did this as a public service. It was a money maker for several years. When it no longer produced the needed revenue, they had to drop it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
            More truth than humor to your statement. I was in the meeting when the subject of televising WT football was first brought up at KAMR. The general manager asked if the sales department could sell the advertising. The sales manager (a graduate of ENMU) said absolutely not. It would never work! It sold out in less than 24 hours.

KAMR never did this as a public service. It was a money maker for several years. When it no longer produced the needed revenue, they had to drop it.
            I just never understood why WT allowed them to broadcast the home playoff games. You have to think that put a dent in attendance.

Comment

Thanks guys for the update on the television broadcast,

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                What broadcast dates are the Greyhounds games? What station? What channel? I need to set my recorder.

:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                  I just never understood why WT allowed them to broadcast the home playoff games. You have to think that put a dent in attendance.
                  Playoff games have to be available to stream per NCAA rules, broadcasting on top of that likely doesn't change much as far as attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                    What broadcast dates are the Greyhounds games? What station? What channel? I need to set my recorder.

:laugh:
                    Channel 3! i think, its the university run pbs station. if not they do live stream the games on the interwebs.
                    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderwolves Fan View Post
                      Playoff games have to be available to stream per NCAA rules, broadcasting on top of that likely doesn't change much as far as attendance.
                      Im aware of the streaming requirements. Im talking about the broadcasting on television of the game. Most of the folks that watched the game on TV had no idea that streaming even existed.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                        Im aware of the streaming requirements. Im talking about the broadcasting on television of the game. Most of the folks that watched the game on TV had no idea that streaming even existed.
                        I dont remember WT streaming games online the first few years the games were televised. So I agree with the attendance being affected.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                          I dont remember WT streaming games online the first few years the games were televised. So I agree with the attendance being affected.
                          Streaming only required for playoffs, playoff attendance sucks regardless at pretty much every DII school. Any playoff game article would have had a link to the stream so not sure how someone wouldn't know it existed. Poor playoff attendance can be blamed on many reasons beyond streaming. Week notice of games, colder weather, hunting season, holiday travel...could go on and on.

Comment

Transferred from another thread, to Buff Fan '05, 12 DLs is certainly better than what I saw at an earlier practice. Maybe some injured, waiting for clearance, still taking final summer classes reasons have put more DLs on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                              Transferred from another thread, to Buff Fan '05, 12 DLs is certainly better than what I saw at an earlier practice. Maybe some injured, waiting for clearance, still taking final summer classes reasons have put more DLs on the field.
                              I think there we're only 7 or 8 the day I went to practice also. On the O line that day, I counted 13 practicing. Hopefully the other 4 that reported were just in class or a little banged up.

I wish they would have brought in a handful of transfers on both lines to help immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderwolves Fan View Post
                                Streaming only required for playoffs, playoff attendance sucks regardless at pretty much every DII school. Any playoff game article would have had a link to the stream so not sure how someone wouldn't know it existed. Poor playoff attendance can be blamed on many reasons beyond streaming. Week notice of games, colder weather, hunting season, holiday travel...could go on and on.
                                Lions set an attendance record last year against Harding, and had the highest attendance of any playoff game last year. Midwestern also had a higher than average attendance for their home game against USF last year.

I understand your point as a general statement across the board, but the LSC shows up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X