Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ENMU Football and its state in the LSC

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
    yeah that's the weird thing about some of these games is so much of it comes down to matchups. For whatever reason Commerce just matches up really well against Eastern, we seem to have found out how to beat them. Midwestern on the other hand seems to struggle a lot with heavy run teams. See the Mankato game in the playoffs last year
    I think its due to us playing with undersized players on defense. MSU defense, for the most part, is on the smaller end.

Comment

I'd tap the brakes on that....Commerce has won the last two games by a combined score of 100 - 32, and we haven't lost to enmu since Colby's first year back in 2013.

I don't think eastern is pressing hard on commerce and msu's heels, I think they've been the next best team on the tier below the big 2. This is a two dog race as far as I'm concerned and no one else is close right now. But I definitely think enmu has been the best team lately outside of msu and tamc.

As for the lsc getting tougher, I don't know who is going to join the Lions and mustangs at the top if anyone anytime soon. Just my personal opinion but I don't think wt is anywhere near there, and won't be for awhile if at all.
      Consistency is the only thing keeping ASU and TSU from joining you. I watched the second half of Lion Texan game last year. I was thinking blowout with a 23-0 lead and got just the opposite. Perez connected on a 4th down play late in 4th to ice the game otherwise the Texans have a shot only trailing by 5. Last time I checked Perez is not going to be making plays this fall for TAMUC. MW beat them in OT. So, not sure where you get you are so far ahead of them. Just saying!
      ASU should be solid on D this year and if they can find a way to protect the football they can beat anyone including the Lions. Hopefully coaching staff is more wary of these programs than you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
        Consistency is the only thing keeping ASU and TSU from joining you. I watched the second half of Lion Texan game last year. I was thinking blowout with a 23-0 lead and got just the opposite. Perez connected on a 4th down play late in 4th to ice the game otherwise the Texans have a shot only trailing by 5. Last time I checked Perez is not going to be making plays this fall for TAMUC. MW beat them in OT. So, not sure where you get you are so far ahead of them. Just saying!
        ASU should be solid on D this year and if they can find a way to protect the football they can beat anyone including the Lions. Hopefully coaching staff is more wary of these programs than you are.
        Yea we definitely will fall off the cliff with Perez gone. He was all we had.

Comment

Yea we definitely will fall off the cliff with Perez gone. He was all we had.
          You won't fall off the cliff, but he was a difference maker in closer games.
          Last edited by Techster88; 08-16-2018, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
            Who cares how many 3rd place finishes you have? The goal every year is to win a conference title and go to the playoffs. I would rather have thee losing seasons and a conference title and a playoff win or even an appearance than a winning record that no cares about. Sure it makes you respectable and that's about it. When my daughter reached the highest level of tennis in juniors I explained to her that were no more moral victories. The other schools including WT aren't interested in being competitive, they are building teams to win championships. They have deep pockets and that is usually what it takes to get you there.

Not to say I do love cheering an underdog on. I just do not see ENMU having the means to compete for titles on a year in and out unless they are going to start spending money to keep up with the Joneses. I know Eastern joined the LSC sometime in the Eighties because we met some guys from there would always come over to Tech to have a good time on the weekends and they told me that they had just gotten into the LSC. May I dare ask how many Football titles does Eastern have since joining? I don't make the rules or Ohio State, Alabama, Florida, and all the other Big boys wouldn't win every year.
            You havent been around very long, but.....

it wasnt long ago that commerce was an almost auto w for eastern, even in the recent bad seasons. Before that, A&I, MSU, ACU, TSU and a couple others were putting guys in the league regularly, eastern was STILL competitive with them, in 91 they won the conference outright, in 99 and 2000 they shared the division title with angelo, and in 2013 the shared the conference title with tarleton.

in the past 5 years Commerce has won the conference 3 times, Midwestern won last year and Tarleton and Eastern split it in 2013.

Comming in a solid 3rd place is nothing to sneeze at, last year had the LSC been in SR 3 ENMU would have made the pos. While you may be willing to put up with the roller coaster of losing winning, losing losing losing losing etc ill keep on enjoying the winning.

Last year the conference championship and playoff invites were still up in the air come the last week of the season. ENMU is competing for championships, and as long as they keep up at the top they are eventually going to break through.
            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
              You havent been around very long, but.....

it wasnt long ago that commerce was an almost auto w for eastern, even in the recent bad seasons. Before that, A&I, MSU, ACU, TSU and a couple others were putting guys in the league regularly, eastern was STILL competitive with them, in 91 they won the conference outright, in 99 and 2000 they shared the division title with angelo, and in 2013 the shared the conference title with tarleton.

in the past 5 years Commerce has won the conference 3 times, Midwestern won last year and Tarleton and Eastern split it in 2013.

Comming in a solid 3rd place is nothing to sneeze at, last year had the LSC been in SR 3 ENMU would have made the pos. While you may be willing to put up with the roller coaster of losing winning, losing losing losing losing etc ill keep on enjoying the winning.

Last year the conference championship and playoff invites were still up in the air come the last week of the season. ENMU is competing for championships, and as long as they keep up at the top they are eventually going to break through.

Comment

Yeah Commerce has a bit of a different scheme this year. New D coordinator hasnt faced many offenses like Eastern. I think we will have a shut-down D this year, but I hope they account for what ENMU does in their planning. They are different than the rest. Last season we handled them and Harding handily and that needs to continue.

Comment

4-2-5 i believe is what eastern is running. And you are right that the blitzes did not get there quick enough, that and our corners were not able to handle the 1v1 coverage. Same thing with MSU but Easterns d did get home on more blitzes.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                    Yeah Commerce has a bit of a different scheme this year. New D coordinator hasnt faced many offenses like Eastern. I think we will have a shut-down D this year, but I hope they account for what ENMU does in their planning. They are different than the rest. Last season we handled them and Harding handily and that needs to continue.
                    Well Lee is one of the best at what he does, if Eastern's defense can slow down commerces offense then it will let that run game work better.

i have high hopes for Walton's defense.

Comment

Asu, are u new around here or something? What do you think I did for the last decade and a half around here? Lol

I saw - in person at home and on the road - every single game of a 2 -18 stretch. I'm the epitome of taking a beating.
                      Very true!!!!

You are a REAL fan 100%.

I remember you being the only TAMUC fan on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                        Very true!!!!

You are a REAL fan 100%.

I remember you being the only TAMUC fan on this board.
                        Thank you, kind sir

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                          Very true!!!!

You are a REAL tyrant 100%.

I remember you being the only Guy Morris fan on this board.
                          Fixed it to reflect before ASUPops graced us with his knowledge and superior intellect. :tongue:

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
                            Look at his "Join Date". He's been on the board since 2000 and stuck around for 14 years of butt kickings. I don't think he'll disappear.
                            I know, I know, he's an OG. Just sucks having to take the beatings and not being able to have any sort of come back against them. Just tired of Commerce this, Commerce that; but rest assured if the shoes were on the other feet, I would sure be beating ASU's drum as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                              LionFan, will you make a promise that when Colby and Co leave Commerce and yall become the team you were before they got there, that you will stick around and take the beating?
                              Lionfan will still be here. He was here when they were following the same path of mediocrity ( that is saying it mildly) that currently the TAMUK program is going through. It might of been worse at Commerce, that's why I don't blame him or any Commerce fan for being proud of their accomplishments. They hired a good AD and they did it right. I wish TAMUK would take a page from that play book and get their asses in gear, but I'm not holding my breath. Only difference is we have some good football minds in the coaching slots right now. It's the lack of the other stuff (facility improvements, overall vision for program) that's a big hurdle to overcome.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                                Lionfan will still be here. He was here when they were following the same path of mediocrity ( that is saying it mildly) that currently the TAMUK program is going through. It might of been worse at Commerce, that's why I don't blame him or any Commerce fan for being proud of their accomplishments. They hired a good AD and they did it right. I wish TAMUK would take a page from that play book and get their asses in gear, but I'm not holding my breath. Only difference is we have some good football minds in the coaching slots right now. It's the lack of the other stuff (facility improvements, overall vision for program) that's a big hurdle to overcome.
                                was looking at the LSC list of champions

it is utterly depressing how far Kingsville has fallen.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X