Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hogs V Lions

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
    We need to close out the half with some points. I hate the fact that missed PAT might comeback to bite.
    Oh little did you know at this point!

Comment

Some thoughts on this game:
      Based on the way that Kingsville dominated the first half, the 13-0 lead should have been much bigger. Commerce woke up in the second half, and began to play better. The Kingsville Dline got absolutely abused late in this game and in the overtimes. I have a feeling that a lot of OC's are going to be watching that film to see where exactly to run the football. Commerce offensively looked "okay", no world beaters on the outside like they have had in years past and Wheeler looked like a guy who was getting his first start. That said, behind the OL they are going to be able to run the football down your throat and Wheeler will come along nicely. The Lion defense is very stout in the front 7. The secondary didn't play to the level that they did last year, but again this was the first game against a QB who did a remarkable job given that he was constantly under pressure. I think the front 7 for Commerce, because they fly to the football so well, can be susceptible to misdirection a couple of plays per game. You saw it in overtime with the QB run. I wished ASU could have closed the deal on #33 for Commerce (the LB with a name I can't pronounce), that dude is a stud!

Overall, Kingsville looks much improved and Commerce looks to have taken a slight step back (which was expected). With the way Tarleton dismantled Delta St, the LSC looks to be a gauntlet week in and week out.

Comment

My thoughts on last night:

TAMK
        - I think TAMK had the perfect approach to the game, first off. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a defense that aggressive nonstop through an entire game. They knew we had a crazy-young Oline and a new QB we were breaking in, and they attacked. Every play I'd just watch the linebackers to see which one DIDN'T blitz while the other 2 and sometimes a db, came flying through the line. Gotta give them a ton of credit, it was ballsy and it worked because we couldn't make them pay for it in the first half.
        - TAMK is MUCH better than last year. Not even close. Theyre going to be one of those teams that can beat anyone any saturday. No more looking past the hoggies.
        - Detmer is a baller. The kid got destroyed about 8-10 times and came up limping, then 30 seconds later he's making another play. Tough, smart kid that doesn't let his lack of size affect his play.

TAMC
        - eesh that first half. That was the worst half of offense I've seen in the Carthel era. It was a perfect storm though, based on what I mentioned earlier. OL is crazy young, and we're breaking in a brand new QB who hasn't been out there during real live play at that speed before. I was nervous when I saw the TAMK game was moved to week 1 for this exact reason. I didn't think we would struggle THAT much, but I also didn't think TAMK would be that improved. That was a perfect scenario for a disaster. Lions got lucky.
        - OL was awful first half, but really settled in second half and gave Wheeler time. And when he had time, he looked really good. Hopefully with an easier game this week against William Jewell this week they can come together even more and start finding a groove.
        - Wheeler was eradic in the first half. It was a really tough read though, because with the OL struggling that much it was hard to tell how much of it was him and how much of it was the non stop pressure. Second half he looked much better, threw for 225 yards if I remember right.
        - Defense, as expected, was much more aggressive but again, it's tough to implement an entirely new system in the three weeks or whatever it is leading up to the game. You could tell they were still working on getting in the right place before the snap quite a bit, but thats just going to get better with more time/experience.
        - The Lions Offense is probably the youngest offense in the LSC. The talent is definitely there, going to be fun. They were also short a couple of huge playmakers that will help a lot when they are back.
        - Can we please go back to scheduling a couple of easy warm up games leading to LSC play? That was terrifying lol

Disaster averted. With some film to work with and another week of practice, hopefully we will see a lot of improvement next sat in Kansas City. We seem to play well there ;)
        Last edited by LionFan; 08-31-2018, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
          Might be the best band in DII.
          Cant roll with you on this one, Jake.

Comment

Great points. Carthel adjusts well in the second halves of games, so I wasnt surprised they came back the way they did.

Comment

Not the score I was expecting when I checked in this morning. LSC wide open?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                Not the score I was expecting when I checked in this morning. LSC wide open?
                Nope. Tarleton has got this pretty well locked up.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
                  Tarleton State definitely sent a message to the rest of the conference last night that they are going to have to dealt with barring injuries. The Lions under performed but will still be decent a team. Growing pains may cost them a game or two. New QB and new DC need a lot of seasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                    Some thoughts on this game:
                    Based on the way that Kingsville dominated the first half, the 13-0 lead should have been much bigger. Commerce woke up in the second half, and began to play better. The Kingsville Dline got absolutely abused late in this game and in the overtimes. I have a feeling that a lot of OC's are going to be watching that film to see where exactly to run the football. Commerce offensively looked "okay", no world beaters on the outside like they have had in years past and Wheeler looked like a guy who was getting his first start. That said, behind the OL they are going to be able to run the football down your throat and Wheeler will come along nicely. The Lion defense is very stout in the front 7. The secondary didn't play to the level that they did last year, but again this was the first game against a QB who did a remarkable job given that he was constantly under pressure. I think the front 7 for Commerce, because they fly to the football so well, can be susceptible to misdirection a couple of plays per game. You saw it in overtime with the QB run. I wished ASU could have closed the deal on #33 for Commerce (the LB with a name I can't pronounce), that dude is a stud!

Overall, Kingsville looks much improved and Commerce looks to have taken a slight step back (which was expected). With the way Tarleton dismantled Delta St, the LSC looks to be a gauntlet week in and week out.
                    They didn't really try!!!! He was WAITING. Neema was ASU's to lose. But honestly, he was treated like a second rate player.

Now his best games are against ASU. Watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                      They didn't really try!!!! He was WAITING. Neema was ASU's to lose. But honestly, he was treated like a second rate player.

Now his best games are against ASU. Watch.
                      Thanks ASU! I remember what you said about him when he signed. Nobody id rather watch stop a RB on 4th &1. Guy is a beast.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                        My thoughts on last night:

TAMK
                        - I think TAMK had the perfect approach to the game, first off. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a defense that aggressive nonstop through an entire game. They knew we had a crazy-young Oline and a new QB we were breaking in, and they attacked. Every play I'd just watch the linebackers to see which one DIDN'T blitz while the other 2 and sometimes a db, came flying through the line. Gotta give them a ton of credit, it was ballsy and it worked because we couldn't make them pay for it in the first half.
                        - TAMK is MUCH better than last year. Not even close. Theyre going to be one of those teams that can beat anyone any saturday. No more looking past the hoggies.
                        - Detmer is a baller. The kid got destroyed about 8-10 times and came up limping, then 30 seconds later he's making another play. Tough, smart kid that doesn't let his lack of size affect his play.

TAMC
                        - eesh that first half. That was the worst half of offense I've seen in the Carthel era. It was a perfect storm though, based on what I mentioned earlier. OL is crazy young, and we're breaking in a brand new QB who hasn't been out there during real live play at that speed before. I was nervous when I saw the TAMK game was moved to week 1 for this exact reason. I didn't think we would struggle THAT much, but I also didn't think TAMK would be that improved. That was a perfect scenario for a disaster. Lions got lucky.
                        - OL was awful first half, but really settled in second half and gave Wheeler time. And when he had time, he looked really good. Hopefully with an easier game this week against William Jewell this week they can come together even more and start finding a groove.
                        - Wheeler was eradic in the first half. It was a really tough read though, because with the OL struggling that much it was hard to tell how much of it was him and how much of it was the non stop pressure. Second half he looked much better, threw for 225 yards if I remember right.
                        - Defense, as expected, was much more aggressive but again, it's tough to implement an entirely new system in the three weeks or whatever it is leading up to the game. You could tell they were still working on getting in the right place before the snap quite a bit, but thats just going to get better with more time/experience.
                        - The Lions Offense is probably the youngest offense in the LSC. The talent is definitely there, going to be fun. They were also short a couple of huge playmakers that will help a lot when they are back.
                        - Can we please go back to scheduling a couple of easy warm up games leading to LSC play? That was terrifying lol

Disaster averted. With some film to work with and another week of practice, hopefully we will see a lot of improvement next sat in Kansas City. We seem to play well there ;)
                        Pretty good take. My only regret other than the W for TAMUK is I didn't get to post your Hitler rant video. Had a script in my mind ready to go! :laugh:

Comment

think the lions are going to drop in the polls? if so how far?

Comment

Originally posted by marvda1 View Post
                            think the lions are going to drop in the polls? if so how far?

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post

Comment

Lions- Luis signed to the Rams practice squad.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X