• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WT @ APU

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
    Hey, Mike is 1-0 at his new school!

https://ouazspirit.com/news/2018/8/2...ural-game.aspx
    Not mocking the school but I noticed the article said it was a "standing room only" crowd and the boxscore said attendance was 1,540. Is this an NAIA school?

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
      thats not funny.....and its still to be determined if hughes can get them to the playoffs, something only don carthel has been able to do.

Comment

Boohaha knows the run heavy teams have no chance against the big boys ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by ETSU_LION View Post
          Boohaha knows the run heavy teams have no chance against the big boys ;-)
          none.....sheesh

new season!

we shall see if Eastern can get over the hump!
          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
            Not mocking the school but I noticed the article said it was a "standing room only" crowd and the boxscore said attendance was 1,540. Is this an NAIA school?

Yes, NAIA school in their first season.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
              I didn't dig too much into their webpage last night. But it looks like they are totally new athletic program from the ground up judging by their facilities. I don't even think their football stadium is complete?

Comment

Originally posted by BuffTough View Post
                Let's get this going. I am thinking WT has a good chance. WT is a much improved team this year. As long as WT is healthy I think they have a 50/50 shot.
                I still think the key to this year will be how well the offensive line plays. If they have improved, more talent at QB and the skill positions should lead to a much improved offense. Outside of the Midwestern and Angelo games the defense last year held its own but had no way of resting with how horrible the offense was. We will see soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                  I still think the key to this year will be how well the offensive line plays. If they have improved, more talent at QB and the skill positions should lead to a much improved offense. Outside of the Midwestern and Angelo games the defense last year held its own but had no way of resting with how horrible the offense was. We will see soon enough.
                  I agree, considering how bad the offense was in 2017, we should have much more consistency offensively. Now does that equal wins, we will see. Overall rebuilding a team takes 3-4 years. What I seen from last year to this year roster,WT going in the right direction.

Comment

Massey has the game Azusa 34-10.
                    Atomic Football has it Azusa 37-10.

I'm guessing Azusa 27-14.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                      Massey has the game Azusa 34-10.
                      Atomic Football has it Azusa 37-10.

I'm guessing Azusa 27-14.

Comment

2014 CSU Pueblo National Championship. His defense got it done! 5 RMAC Championships!

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
                          2014 CSU Pueblo National Championship. His defense got it done! 5 RMAC Championships!
                          Being a head coach is certainly much different than being the defensive coordinator. It seems he learned to adjust a bit this year but his attitude as a DC at Pueblo would not translate to success as a HC in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                            Being a head coach is certainly much different than being the defensive coordinator. It seems he learned to adjust a bit this year but his attitude as a DC at Pueblo would not translate to success as a HC in 2018.
                            Defense wins ballgames. Just ask Mankato. 13 - 0.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
                              Defense wins ballgames. Just ask Mankato. 13 - 0.
                              Mark Ribahado was a fantastic DC for Eastern nit a good HC. One does not always translate to others.
                              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                                I think Coach Hughes has seen the error of some of his ways from season one. He's not stupid. That's for sure. From my few conversations with him, IMO, his perspective has grown. I have a feeling that with a couple more years under his belt, he'll be a top-notch HC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X