Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WT @ APU

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
    Defense wins ballgames. Just ask Mankato. 13 - 0.
    Yes, I was there. That was 4 years ago. If only defense won championships then Pueblo would've made it out of the first round last year. Being a HC requires something much more from you as a coach and person. You must be easier to work with to be a HC. Why do you think it took Hughes as long as it did to get a chance to be a HC? Also, Coach Leo was and is a huge part of the Pack's success on that side of the ball. It's not by accident that there has been zero drop off on the defensive side of the ball since Hughes moved on.

From what it appears however, is that Hughes realized these things a bit and made changes to how he runs things this year. Good on him for recognizing that.

Comment

Packfootball, I am sure there was a lot more talent and depth on that roster. I'll bet he was held in check also. He must've watched Junction Boys before he took over the program at WT and placed a monster poster on the dressing room wall that read MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY. Finally, being a good/great coordinator doesn't make you a good HC. You don't have to look to far down the road to see Kingsbury and the job he is doing. NOT GOOD!!!
      Last edited by Techster88; 08-30-2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
        Packfootball, I am sure there was a lot more talent and depth on that roster. I'll bet he was held in check also. He must've watched Junction Boys before he took over the program at WT and placed a monster poster on the dressing room wall that read MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY. Finally, being a good/great coordinator doesn't make you a good HC. You don't have to look to far down the road to see Kingsbury and the job he doing. NOT GOOD!!!
        This could be the year they actually break through and win 8 or 9 games. Im hopeful. If not, he is toast or should be.

Comment

WT will have to find a way to replace the seemingly guaranteed win against CSU-P though :smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
            This could be the year they actually break through and win 8 or 9 games. Im hopeful. If not, he is toast or should be.
            I have no idea how he is still the HC. He must've caught some BOR members in awkward unexplainable situations!!!:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
              I have no idea how he is still the HC. He must've caught some BOR members in awkward unexplainable situations!!!:laugh:
              Haha. I'm pretty sure it mostly has to do with the buyout on that premature extension he received.

Comment

I just perused the WT/Azusa game notes.

The WT offense has 27 listed on the 2 deep, 6 are freshmen or R-freshmen.

The defense has 25 on the 2 deep, 10 are freshman or R-freshmen.

We have a freshmen FG kicker.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                  I just perused the WT/Azusa game notes.

The WT offense has 27 listed on the 2 deep, 6 are freshmen or R-freshmen.

The defense has 25 on the 2 deep, 10 are freshman or R-freshmen.

We have a freshmen FG kicker.
                  I am glad alot of freshmen are playing. I think that will be the key for next year. I agree with an earlier post. I think WT will go as far as the o-line can take them. If WT has a healthy year and good line play they can have a moderately successful season.

Comment

Cheers to the start of a brand new football season and hopefully WT going in the right direction...

Comment

Anyone know the price to watch the game?

Comment

8 bucks

Comment

Anyone coming to the game? I'm coming with my freshman son and my father in-law.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
                            8 bucks
                            $9.95

Comment

AP takes the opening kickoff and keeps the ball 7 minutes before scoring. 7-0 AP.

Comment

Hood looks like an extension of our QB play last year.... not good.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X