Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D2 Championship Football Game-Needs New Site

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    How about the Tacoma Dome. No worries about weather.
    You must not have been over there lately. I-5 around Tacoma is a perpetual train wreck. You would miss at least half of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
      Toyota Field in Frisco TX is s nice venue with plenty of hotels bars and cafes and nearby airports.
      The Star is a MUCH better choice.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
        You must not have been over there lately. I-5 around Tacoma is a perpetual train wreck. You would miss at least half of the game.
        It has been a few years for me being there. I remember I5 between SEA and Tacoma being crowded. About like I25 between Denver and CSprings, and the traffic int the Dallas area.

Comment

It has been a few years for me being there. I remember I5 between SEA and Tacoma being crowded. About like I25 between Denver and CSprings, and the traffic int the Dallas area.
          Last Thursday it took "only" 90 minutes from Bremerton to Seatac (55 miles), but the southbound side of I-5 was basically stopped at 9:30am. In June, my trip took 2 hours, most of it at the I-5 and WA-16 interchange. In 2016 we had a late outing in Oak Harbor, after the ferries stopped running. Even at 3am the freeway in Tacoma was a mess, partly due to ongoing construction. Not fun.

Comment

It should be at the stadium of the highest seeded team, so that as many fans as possible can enjoy it. Neutral site games for D2 are just a disaster. A huge inconvenience for all concerned and abysmal attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
              It should be at the stadium of the highest seeded team, so that as many fans as possible can enjoy it. Neutral site games for D2 are just a disaster. A huge inconvenience for all concerned and abysmal attendance.
              i agree herb, dont know why they do this, in ncaa. It makes the regular season matter more.
              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Yes, because determining the seeding is always free of any wranglings.

I get your point; I also see what they are trying to do with the NC game.

Comment

They had snipers at Toyota for the FCS championship game when Delaware played in the game, traffic was also a mess...thanks VP Biden (he attended the game) :P Okay, it was kinda cool to see snipers at a football game...

Comment

Comment

that would be correct.

Comment

Yes, because determining the seeding is always free of any wranglings.

I get your point; I also see what they are trying to do with the NC game.
                        D2 is a local and regional interest division. When you move it out of that framework and into a "neutral field" situation in some big city, you're then trying to convert it to national interest for one final game. There is no national interest, whether it's the first game of the season or the last. Keep it local/regional where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                          I haven't been to either, but from what I can see on their websites, I tend to agree. If you've been to one or both, please provide some additional details.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
                            I haven't been to either, but from what I can see on their websites, I tend to agree. If you've been to one or both, please provide some additional details.
                            The Star would be better only in the sense as we all know here in Texas, the weather can change in an instant during the winter. It might be 80 today and tomorrow in the 20's as it was when I was up there for our State Title game in 2016. I managed to beat the huge front on Saturday morning. But when I got home and saw the last 6A game on TV , the commentators were all noting the temps were in the 20's outside and thank goodness they were glad they were inside.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
                              I have coached & watched games at both.

Toyota is a very good soccer facility. Grass field specifically for soccer. Even the locker rooms are geared towards soccer. In my opinion, it is not very football or football fan friendly.

The Star has a great field, great facilities, and is 100% built for football and the football fan. Much better game experience all round. Plus you have 20+ restaurants, a few shops, and Omni Hotel on the campus. I mean it's an experience

When it comes to playing football, watching a game, and overall experience The Star is BY FAR the hands down winner!

The only issue is if you expect more than 12k fans. If so....I would look at Allen Eagle Stadium, and then next would be AT&T (Jerry World).

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                                As much as a D2 national title game at "Stephen World" would be pretty cool, Toyota Stadium does have experience hosting NCAA football championship games (specifically, the 1-AA title game). Plus, who knows how much Jerruh would charge to use his new playpen in Frisco...
                                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X