• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very disappointed.

Comment

Re: Javelinas vs Ugly Male Sheep

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
      The Rams have won the last 5. This needs to end.

GO HOGS!!!
      Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
      Very disappointed.
      Sorry brother. The past six years have not been kind to the Piggies.

Hang in there!!

Comment

At the coin toss the official said "It is a great night for football in Texas" and it was but I really missed the mud associated with rain games in the past. The rain appeared to be a non-factor. All four QBs seemed to have difficulty with accuracy. I didn't understand all of the interference penalties since the conditions seemed to favor the defensive backs.

I really expected a lot more out of aTi. Except for the blocked punt and supposed TD pass they looked like the aTi teams of the last couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
          At the coin toss the official said "It is a great night for football in Texas" and it was but I really missed the mud associated with rain games in the past. The rain appeared to be a non-factor. All four QBs seemed to have difficulty with accuracy. I didn't understand all of the interference penalties since the conditions seemed to favor the defensive backs.

I really expected a lot more out of aTi. Except for the blocked punt and supposed TD pass they looked like the aTi teams of the last couple of years.
          I respectfully disagree. Go back and look at play-by-play. Rain appeared to be a HUGE factor. ASU missed 18 passes alone out of 25 attempts!!! TAMUK missed 23 of 37 aytempts!!! 6 fumbles & 2 ints between both teams. Horrible special teams....etc.....

The difference appears to be ASU D front & ASU running game.

Comment

From where I was I think the rain was a significant issue in the passing game, at least for ASU. I heard that Charlie told the coaches after the first drive of the second half to put Payne in because he (Charlie) just could not grip the ball well enough to throw it downfield.I guess he might have smaller hands than Payne.

I thought the officiating was horrible last night. Markus Jones was being blatantly held on every play. On the TAMUK touchdown pass, which was definitely caught in bounds for a TD (I have seen a video of the play taken on the sideline), he was literally pulled down by a horse collar by the offense (also shown in the same video). That's what upset the coaches. As for the pass interference call that ASU got that set up a TD in the 4th quarter, I think it was a makeup call for the quite obvious missed call the previous play against Keke Chism in the end zone when the TAMUK DB put him on the ground trying to come back across the middle with the ball in the air.

Of course, with the LSC officials while they were excruciatingly bad, they were equally distributing the horrible calls and equally horrible no-calls among the two teams.

While ASU won, with their defense taking control in the second half, I don't think it provided as much information as everyone expected because of the weather. It definitely affected the play and especially the play calling. I do think it did favor ASU as they were able to move the ball on the ground more effectively than Kingsville, and ASU kept it on the ground more than in the past. The ASU defense looked very good and they were able to stop the run fairly well.

I saw that Detmer went out at the end of the first half. He was limping after a failed 3rd down on what was I think Kingsville's last possession of the half. He did not return in the second half. I hope that he is just dinged up and can get back onto the field soon.

Comment

You guys are being kind. We can say the weather made a big difference in the game and maybe it did, but as the great John Madden told one of his players that was complaining bout rain, "HEY, I just looked and it's raining on their side of the field too!!!". ASU was the better team regardless of the weather because they were able to execute on offense, defense, and special teams, and make the plays necessary to win. On a perfect game night with great temperatures, perfect humidity, and little wind, ASU may have still come out on top. Some questions were definitely answered the main one for Hog fans is that we still have a long way to go to be competitive in the LSC (much less be a PO team).

GO HOGS!!!

Comment

You guys are being kind. We can say the weather made a big difference in the game and maybe it did, but as the great John Madden told one of his players that was complaining bout rain, "HEY, I just looked and it's raining on their side of the field too!!!". ASU was the better team regardless of the weather because they were able to execute on offense, defense, and special teams, and make the plays necessary to win. On a perfect game night with great temperatures, perfect humidity, and little wind, ASU may have still come out on top. Some questions were definitely answered the main one for Hog fans is that we still have a long way to go to be competitive in the LSC (much less be a PO team).

GO HOGS!!!
                Excellent post.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                  I respectfully disagree. Go back and look at play-by-play. Rain appeared to be a HUGE factor. ASU missed 18 passes alone out of 25 attempts!!! TAMUK missed 23 of 37 aytempts!!! 6 fumbles & 2 ints between both teams. Horrible special teams....etc.....

The difference appears to be ASU D front & ASU running game.
                  OK since you always have make an issue out of a simple statement I will clarify it so that a ND grad can understand it,

The rain was not a factor in the final outcome since it impacted both teams equally.

I really didn't think it necessary to type all of those extra letters.

Comment

GO HOGS!!!

Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
                      From where I was I think the rain was a significant issue in the passing game, at least for ASU. I heard that Charlie told the coaches after the first drive of the second half to put Payne in because he (Charlie) just could not grip the ball well enough to throw it downfield.I guess he might have smaller hands than Payne.
                      OK since you always have make an issue out of a simple statement I will clarify it so that a ND grad can understand it,

The rain was not a factor in the final outcome since it impacted both teams equally.

I really didn't think it necessary to type all of those extra letters.
                      It APPEARS I wasnt the only one with
                      a different opinion than yours.

Even ASU's starting QB apparently acknowledged the FACT. But of course YOU know better. HAHAHAHAHA. Whatever!!

Comment

It APPEARS I wasnt the only one with
                        a different opinion than yours.

Even ASU's starting QB apparently acknowledged the FACT. But of course YOU know better. HAHAHAHAHA. Whatever!!
                        OK. How is that different from my original post.

"The rain appeared to be a non-factor. All four QBs seemed to have difficulty with accuracy"

My point was that the rain did not impact the final outcome. I assumed that the statement that all four QBs had difficulty should have made that clear.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
                          . On the TAMUK touchdown pass, which was definitely caught in bounds for a TD Of course, with the LSC officials while they were excruciatingly bad, they were equally distributing the horrible calls and equally horrible no-calls among the two teams.
                          You saw the video so my eyes deceived me. I sure thought he stepped on the sideline before catching the pass.

I didn't know the coaches were upset about anything on the play

Comment

OK. How is that different from my original post.

"The rain appeared to be a non-factor. All four QBs seemed to have difficulty with accuracy"

My point was that the rain did not impact the final outcome. I assumed that the statement that all four QBs had difficulty should have made that clear.
                            It doesnt really matter....but I read it as the QBs lack of accuracy had nothing to do with the rain as it was axnon-factor....when in fact the rain apparently caused their inaccuracy.

No big deal. Have a nice evening.

Comment

Sorry brother. The past six years have not been kind to the Piggies.

Hang in there!!
                              It's tough. It's to the point where I wonder if I should even care.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                                It's tough. It's to the point where I wonder if I should even care.
                                I understand.

I always remember LionFan was basically the 0NLY Commerce fan on this board? When the Lions had back to back 1-9 records....was just 2012.

He was the ONLY one who stood by Commerce from the worst to the best.

So.....don't give up. Times WILL get better in Pigtonsonville. A new Pres and AD will hopefully make the difference.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X