Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Enmu vs tarleton

Tarleton will probably go on to win the conference.

Boohaha

If you would have wrote that at the start of the season, you would have taken a lot of heat and ridicule. Doesn't sound so crazy now.

If the Texans blowout the Greyhounds, which is possible and probable, then I agree the Texans are the team to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
      What did they change from last year?

Im not trying to be snarky or an A** for real what is different?

In the pasr 4 years win or loose Eastern has run for an average 311 yards on them, and they have ALWAYS been bigger, faster, stronger on defense than the Hounds. !
      We have two new starters on the d line and one DT who probably will be drafted in the NFL. We go at least two deep across the front with almost no drop off in talent. We have one new starter at LB. and of the five DBs, four of them are new. And we have depth at all defensive positions.

Another positive with our defense is we are getting up early on all opponents so they are abandoning the running game.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
        Tarleton will probably go on to win the conference.

Boohaha

If you would have wrote that at the start of the season, you would have taken a lot of heat and ridicule. Doesn't sound so crazy now.

If the Texans blowout the Greyhounds, which is possible and probable, then I agree the Texans are the team to beat.
        Yea, after the initial shock of how the season started i am starting to look for some areas of growth, Defense is coming along.

Like i said in another thread after this game i think eastern is better than 50/50 for the rest of the season. No offense to other teams just this first 6 have been murderous.
        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
          We have two new starters on the d line and one DT who probably will be drafted in the NFL. We go at least two deep across the front with almost no drop off in talent. We have one new starter at LB. and of the five DBs, four of them are new. And we have depth at all defensive positions.

Another positive with our defense is we are getting up early on all opponents so they are abandoning the running game.
          That makes some sense then.

Eastern won't abandon the run the offense is not designed for that.

I either expect eastern to win a close game where Tarleton makes a couple key mistakes, or Eastern gets smoked and is sent home naked and ashamed.

Comment

I haven't seen Eastern play this year, but this Tarleton defense is light years ahead of where they were last year. ASU has been able to run on everybody this year, but Tarleton held us to our lowest rushing totals yet. They are a bit susceptible to a air attack, but they won't have to worry about this week. If Tarleton gets up 2 scores early by forcing turnovers or whatnot, this came could get out of hand quickly. But if Eastern can play sound football offensively and not turn it over they have a punchers chance. All that to say, I would be surprised is Tarleton didn't win by at least 2 scores. Both of their lines wear people out and by the end of the game your OL & DL/LB's are so gassed that they rack up yards.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
              I haven't seen Eastern play this year, but this Tarleton defense is light years ahead of where they were last year. ASU has been able to run on everybody this year, but Tarleton held us to our lowest rushing totals yet. They are a bit susceptible to a air attack, but they won't have to worry about this week. If Tarleton gets up 2 scores early by forcing turnovers or whatnot, this came could get out of hand quickly. But if Eastern can play sound football offensively and not turn it over they have a punchers chance. All that to say, I would be surprised is Tarleton didn't win by at least 2 scores. Both of their lines wear people out and by the end of the game your OL & DL/LB's are so gassed that they rack up yards.

Comment

After Blow U Army game, it will be interesting to see if TSU D can stop that retro 70s style offense.

ENMU D will more than have its hands full. Best D is long Offensive drives.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                  After Blow U Army game, it will be interesting to see if TSU D can stop that retro 70s style offense.

ENMU D will more than have its hands full. Best D is long Offensive drives.
                  Yep, eastern is snapping the ball at 4 seconds on the play clock.

Against MSU they ran 81 plays and held the ball for 40 minutes.

I expect them to do the same.
                  3 yards at a time is fine with them. If they have the ball the other team can't score.

Watch out for the counters!

Comment

Should be a good game. Both teams can run the ball but I think Tarleton is more balanced. Add that with an athletic and talented defense and Tarleton wins. That said I can see ENMU giving us issues early.

Go Purple Ghosts. Purple Ponies should be WNMU... right?
                    Last edited by Vulpes88; 10-02-2018, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Missed that one! But if i recall it was probably more to do with a certain young QB scrambling on busted pass plays than designed runs correct? 170 yards rushing by QB Collin Strahan.

Still it Eastern doesnt give up massive run yards that often, even against teams that are run first teams.
                      Last edited by Texan Dad; 10-02-2018, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Yea i remember that game now! Totally caught Eastern off guard!

Comment

Yep, eastern is snapping the ball at 4 seconds on the play clock.

Against MSU they ran 81 plays and held the ball for 40 minutes.

I expect them to do the same.
                          3 yards at a time is fine with them. If they have the ball the other team can't score.

Watch out for the counters!
                          Wouldnt 4 yds be better? Or do the Scooby Doos normally face 4th & 1 every series?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                            Wouldnt 4 yds be better? Or do the Scooby Doos normally face 4th & 1 every series?
                            2 for 3 on 4th last game, 9 fir 19 on third, 24 total 1st downs no turnovers. 3 punts.

But if its 4th and 1 even inside his own 20 Lee is likely going for it. 6 of 9 on the year going for it on 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                              3.33 will suffice

Comment

Tarleton for the WIN! ASUPops, Majorpayne, and Texan Dad. hope you guys are doing well! Texan Dad tell Chops I said hello and hope he's enjoying coaching with Coach Jake Spoerl. Chops was a hell of an athlete and Jake coached Alex, Jake was more like an old school coach and great guy! Kick azz Texans!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X