Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    From my understanding over the next 3+ years, they aren't inviting anyone. I am hearing could be 5+ years based on some strategic financial contracts just signed.

So TSU and/or WT would have to go else where. Not happening anytime soon.

But its fun chatter never the less.
    Never said it'd be soon. Always said make sure you don't move up just to move up.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
      Never said it'd be soon. Always said make sure you don't move up just to move up.
      Who said it would be at all (other than alums)?

Comment

Comment

The AD.

Comment

Who said it would be at all (other than alums)?
            No one, but odds are the SLC will lose a couple and look to replace.

Comment

Originally posted by gruesome View Post
              The AD.
              Provide the link.

Comment

Provide the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                  Daddy War Bucks is on board also.
                  No "Daddy War Bucks" (Warbucks) for Tarleton. I believe their endowment is only $40 something. WT is $70+ mil and ASU is $160+ mil.....to give perspective.

Yup....LOTS of Alum talk and speculation.

Until an official statement is made that Tarelton is moving up, its just talk. Several LSC schools Alum talk/have talked about moving to D1AA. A few schools have actually put time & money into research & task forces. Most come up with the same conclusion. TOO FINANCIALLY TAXING.

Have you seen the 2018 Task Force results for Tarleton??? Dottavio created the Task Force. He's leaving. READ BETWEEN THE LINES.
                  Last edited by ASUPops; 07-14-2019, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Pretty much this. Reisman always wanted to be a D1 basketball coach, but the only way that was going to happen is for him to take the entire University D1. Time passed him by there, but it has been vocalized at events, to alumni, and throughout the campus and student media that it is a focus. The task force, consultant group, etc. was all for D1 glory.

To your other point, Dottavio is leaving, and I believe it is in at least some part due to the D1 talk. I also believe there are underlying things that are not and will not be publicly reported (aka rumors). I've said on this board that I think some are growing tired of the D1 talk with no measurable action and desperate pleas to join the likes of the WAC just for the sole sake of being a D1 school. SLC isn't expanding anytime soon and Tarleton isn't getting that invitation until they do.

To another point, Reisman and Dottavio are not exactly best friends. There was certainly some friction between the two and I'm sure a lot of it had to do with the move to D1. It cannot be denied that the $28+ million spent on The Lonn was a major decision based on moving to D1.

Comment

No "Daddy War Bucks" (Warbucks) for Tarleton. I believe their endowment is only $40 something. WT is $70+ mil and ASU is $160+ mil.....to give perspective.

Yup....LOTS of Alum talk and speculation.

Until an official statement is made that Tarelton is moving up, its just talk. Several LSC schools Alum talk/have talked about moving to D1AA. A few schools have actually put time & money into research & task forces. Most come up with the same conclusion. TOO FINANCIALLY TAXING.

Have you seen the 2018 Task Force results for Tarleton??? Dottavio created the Task Force. He's leaving. READ BETWEEN THE LINES.

Comment

Comment

No one, but odds are the SLC will lose a couple and look to replace.
                          Who would be your guess?

Comment

Originally posted by LSCfan1 View Post
                            Who would be your guess?
                            Not going to pretend that this will be accurate. UIW, Sam Houston and Lamar in Texas. Central Arkansas, UNO outside of Texas. Again, not really accurate.

I think it's going to depend on what the Big 12 does, doubt it'll make it past 2026 with current members
                            Last edited by Vulpes88; 07-14-2019, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Not going to pretend that this will be accurate. UIW, Sam Houston and Lamar in Texas. Central Arkansas, UNO outside of Texas. Again, not really accurate.

I think it's going to depend on what the Big 12 does, doubt it'll make it past 2026 with current members
                              I mean if you are talking 7-10 years down the line, then yes, strong possiblity.

Comment

Apparently I do.....I spelled it correctly. ;)

It's all subjective. I guess a $30,000 millionaire may be a Daddy Warbucks to some. *shrug*
                                Last edited by ASUPops; 07-15-2019, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X