Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
    You are spot on in your assessment of the secondary sports at Tarleton. Recent history shows that the AD is NOT looking for qualified candidates with experience that may require a larger salary. It appears to me lets see who I can get and cut costs at the same time.

Baseball hires an assistant. Softball hires assistant at Tarleton. Golf hires an assistant at Tarleton. Tennis hires an assistant at Tarleton. If I was a qualified coach in these sports why would even bother putting in my resume there.

So, I'm left with giving the AD a C- as far as overall performance even though FB VB and BB are competitive.
    Yeah, it's an unfortunate reality of most athletic programs across the nation. The bottom line is that it's quite obvious where the money goes: Wisdom has seen major upgrades, football stadium (obviously), and the volleyball coach gets a promotion into the AD's administrative cabinet. FB, BB, and volleyball will remain as TSU's big 3 sports until some serious finances are put into the facilities and budgets of the other sports.

Last I checked, the TSU women's golf team was the most successful team over the last two decades and had a paltry budget. Golf and tennis are cheap sports to operate which means bigger drops in the bucket go much further in those sports. $500 to women's golf buys a good deal of travel to an elite tournament, the same towards the football program buys new decals. Shift a few thousand dollars to those smaller programs and see what happens to their schedules and ability to develop down the road.
    Last edited by gruesome; 07-24-2019, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
    Working...
    X