Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Don't look now, But UIW.......

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    Eric Morris has got to be in the running for National Coach of the year at the FCS level. After taking that team that was an absolute doormat for even ACU and taking them to the playoffs in year 1...dude isn't going to be at UIW much longer!
    For sources prior to the year, a very good year was the expectation of 4 wins.
    *cough* Coach Deason/Garrigan *cough*

Comment

Mike 'Mad Pirate' Leach has turned Wazzou around this season. I am sure he is glad to be out of the Cotton Farming commmunity of Lubbock Tx. If the Cougars beat UW in the Apple Cup this week they will finish 11-1. Not a bad record. Probably won't be invited to the Div I playoffs, but an invite to the Rose Bowl if they beat the PAC12 South team in the Championship game on Dec 1st.

Comment

Not only that, The Texans were the best team in Stephenville this season. Wish them be best in the playoffs!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
          Mike 'Mad Pirate' Leach has turned Wazzou around this season. I am sure he is glad to be out of the Cotton Farming commmunity of Lubbock Tx. If the Cougars beat UW in the Apple Cup this week they will finish 11-1. Not a bad record. Probably won't be invited to the Div I playoffs, but an invite to the Rose Bowl if they beat the PAC12 South team in the Championship game on Dec 1st.
          Why would any school allow a winner like Leach to coach football when they have seen firsthand how he mistreats players of famous people??? Tsk Tsk

Shame on Washington State University for actually breathing life into an also ran football program!

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
            Why would any school allow a winner like Leach to coach football when they have seen firsthand how he mistreats players of famous people??? Tsk Tsk

Shame on Washington State University for actually breathing life into an also ran football program!
            Perhaps Coach Leach has learned his lesson from his past negativity. I have not heard anything about he locking any of his current players in a Porta Potty. He is on his best behavior now and has WSU on a roll!

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
              The same real world where the Javelinas and Central Washington Wildcats are home at Thanskgiving watching football rather than playing it. Sucks for them... Right?
              Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
                While I agree that Leach turned the Cougs around, they were 9-4 in 2017, 8-5 in 2016, 9-4 in 2015, after being 3-9 in 2014.

I smell roses....

Comment

Jake Trotter
                  ?
                  Verified account

@Jake_Trotter
                  6m6 minutes ago
                  More
                  Iowa State now playing Drake on Dec. 1. Originally had scheduled Incarnate Word, which made the FCS playoffs. Makeup game from the opener vs. South Dakota State, which was canceled because of weather. Kickoff 11 am CT.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                    Meanwhile, in the real world, UIW gets an FCS playoff berth and will travel to Bozeman, Montana to take on Montana State.

Comment

UIW playing without their starting QB. Looked about as good as tech without their QB1

Comment

Originally posted by LSCfan1 View Post
                        UIW playing without their starting QB. Looked about as good as tech without their QB1

Comment

Originally posted by LSCfan1 View Post
                          I didn't watch the game but may go back and watch a replay if I can find one. Just based on stats it's the same type of scenario that happens to pass-heavy teams when they meet a run-heavy team with a good defense. UIW's backup QB still threw for 313 yards (22-35-1 with 2 TDs). The defense, however, was unable to stop Montana's ground game and allowed them to run the ball for 339 yards on 66 carries for a 5.1 Y/R average. Throw in UIW's 13 penalties for 109 yards and you got yourself a loss. Still, you have to give them props for a good season under a new HC.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
                            I didn't watch the game but may go back and watch a replay if I can find one. Just based on stats it's the same type of scenario that happens to pass-heavy teams when they meet a run-heavy team with a good defense. UIW's backup QB still threw for 313 yards (22-35-1 with 2 TDs). The defense, however, was unable to stop Montana's ground game and allowed them to run the ball for 339 yards on 66 carries for a 5.1 Y/R average. Throw in UIW's 13 penalties for 109 yards and you got yourself a loss. Still, you have to give them props for a good season under a new HC.
                            For them, it was better than good. It was monumental. Remember they are playing in a league of broke Louisiana schools. Some still hanging on by a thread. Kudos to Nichols State, they have yard sales every other weekend and schedule any FBS they can for revenue to stay afloat.

Invest in your program and you have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                              Is the Iowa State-UIW game still on? Will there be a fight?
                              Obviously not this season. Perhaps in 2019. Noticed that the Cyclones play Drake Univ Bulldogs of Des Moines this Sat. Makes more sense playing them, being just up the road from Des Moines.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X