X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WT at MSU Texas

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    There are Pros & Cons.....

Having an extra 3+ weeks of practice is tremendous for developing younger players. No doubt.

The flip side is it does take away a bit from road recruiting.

In my opinion.....I would want more development time with my players....and a meaningless game to try out some new things and give playing time to my next years most likely replacement starters. Plus I would use the Bowl Game as a recruiting tool.
    Bingo!!! Invite recruits to the game. Exposure For your program. Better tool for showing recruits that your moving in the right direction than just flapping your jowls about the direction your headed. How disappointing is it for current WT players who over achieved IMO to get to sit home. Real morale booster.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
      Bingo!!! Invite recruits to the game. Exposure For your program. Better tool for showing recruits that your moving in the right direction than just flapping your jowls about the direction your headed. How disappointing is it for current WT players who over achieved IMO to get to sit home. Real morale booster.
      This is how I view it also but im just a fan and my opinion means nothing

Comment

I would think it would be hard to walk away from a bowl game. I hear the recruiting claims, but in a bowl game you potentially get more field and practice time then a playoff team. Should you go one and out, a bowl team gets another two weeks that a playoff team does not. Talk about a bonus for your underclass men and redshirts.

High School Playoff are mostly on Fridays ( a few Thursdays ), send your assistance out on Friday to get that face time with the recruits you are targeting. HC and GAs can handle it. In those face to face meetings, would love for you to come see what we have going on and what your future would look like with us at bowl XYZ.

As a military operations guy and now a operations guy in the corporate world.... give me all the chances I can have to put hands on for for individual training and mission prep!

I hope this does not look poorly upon the LCS when it comes to future invites with our partnered bowl games.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
          There are Pros & Cons.....

Having an extra 3+ weeks of practice is tremendous for developing younger players. No doubt.

The flip side is it does take away a bit from road recruiting.

In my opinion.....I would want more development time with my players....and a meaningless game to try out some new things and give playing time to my next years most likely replacement starters. Plus I would use the Bowl Game as a recruiting tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
            I have been told this is accurate. A coaches decision
            The only good reason I see to skip a bowl invite is to start the search for a new OC. Maybe he wants to get that done ASAP.

Sure D2 bowls are nothing like D1 bowls, but I was glad we got the Kanza Bowl invites - and won them both in good games. I would think the players would be excited about it, and the extra practice sounds great.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
              The only good reason I see to skip a bowl invite is to start the search for a new OC. Maybe he wants to get that done ASAP.

Sure D2 bowls are nothing like D1 bowls, but I was glad we got the Kanza Bowl invites - and won them both in good games. I would think the players would be excited about it, and the extra practice sounds great.
              Maybe we will see an announcement on the OC soon

Comment

Originally posted by BJ Hawk View Post
                I would think it would be hard to walk away from a bowl game. I hear the recruiting claims, but in a bowl game you potentially get more field and practice time then a playoff team. Should you go one and out, a bowl team gets another two weeks that a playoff team does not. Talk about a bonus for your underclass men and redshirts.

High School Playoff are mostly on Fridays ( a few Thursdays ), send your assistance out on Friday to get that face time with the recruits you are targeting. HC and GAs can handle it. In those face to face meetings, would love for you to come see what we have going on and what your future would look like with us at bowl XYZ.

As a military operations guy and now a operations guy in the corporate world.... give me all the chances I can have to put hands on for for individual training and mission prep!

I hope this does not look poorly upon the LCS when it comes to future invites with our partnered bowl games.
                Isn't it against the rules to have those face to face contacts while they are still playing?

I know it used to be that way but NCAA Nazis are always changing things.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                  Isn't it against the rules to have those face to face contacts while they are still playing?

I know it used to be that way but NCAA Nazis are always changing things.

Comment

Originally posted by BJ Hawk View Post
                    but to not give your Seniors one more chance to strap it up one more time, is failing them. Not taking the chance to work with your team for 1,2, or 3 more weeks is failing your teams future. This is just my opinion and not judging.
                    This, at least to me, is the main reason to always say yes to one more game.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

The OC's house is for sale, been on the market for a couple weeks....will see if that means anything.

Comment

The OC's house is for sale, been on the market for a couple weeks....will see if that means anything.

Comment

Lol. I couldn't be in this business. It would be hard to fire people.

Comment

If it were my decision, I'd go for the bowl game, no question. 3 more weeks together, invited recruits to the game, all seem to outweigh arguments against it. IMO.

I wasn't defending a WT decision, if made, to skip a bowl invite, just trying to explain the thinking behind it.

Comment

That could be good news!

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                                If it were my decision, I'd go for the bowl game, no question. 3 more weeks together, invited recruits to the game, all seem to outweigh arguments against it. IMO.

I wasn't defending a WT decision, if made, to skip a bowl invite, just trying to explain the thinking behind it.
                                You sure had me fooled. I thought you were defending the decision.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X