Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

Why does attendance at Angelo suck?

I can understand 3000 down here watching our train wreck/ caca show of a program. But the flea and tick infested sheep are playing some good football right now.
    Looking forward to ASU coming to Tarleton. If there were 10,600 at TSU's last home game, there may be 35-40,000 at this one!

Comment

Originally posted by gruesome View Post

Looking forward to ASU coming to Tarleton. If there were 10,600 at TSU's last home game, there may be 35-40,000 at this one!
      Being that it is Homecoming... I would imagine attendance to push 10k.

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post

I don't doubt it, but there were absolutely not 10,000 physically in the seats at the WT game... The stadium only seats 9,500 according to the Tarleton website.

But we don't want to rehash DII attendance calculations so soon!

Comment

Originally posted by gruesome View Post

I don't doubt it, but there were absolutely not 10,000 physically in the seats at the WT game... The stadium only seats 9,500 according to the Tarleton website.

But we don't want to rehash DII attendance calculations so soon!
          There certainly weren't over 7,000 at the WT game this past Saturday either. I need to figure out the formulas they all use so I can try it on my bank account.

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

There certainly weren't over 7,000 at the WT game this past Saturday either. I need to figure out the formulas they all use so I can try it on my bank account.
              Either that or hire these TAMU System bookkeepers for personal use.

Comment

9124 reported attendance at WT homecoming led the LSC Saturday. Amazing game day experience at Buff Nation. New Buffalo Stadium and tailgating on campus have totally changed the university. I talked to several people who have been to tailgates at other D1 schools and they said WTs is much better. WT undoubtedly has the best athletic facilities in D2 and better than some smaller D1s. The stadium is a real gem that fans marvel and praise. And parking has not been the problem that many naysayers predicted.

Comment

Tarleton attendance was down. Should see a lot more next time with homecoming. Also thought ASU would travel better.

Comment

2172 at TAMUK with Commerce in town.

Let that sink in.

Comment

Let that sink in.
                      Yikes. I'm sorry. My trips to Kingsville were met with full stands, great tailgating and a fun gameday atmosphere. I cant imagine y'all falling that far.

Hopefully you turn it around
                      Tarleton State Texan
                      Texas State Bobcat

Comment

Tarleton claiming 7716 for the Angelo game.

The video feed never shows the home side but the Away was a little sparse to believe that were 3/4 full.

The students do pack themselves into their GA section rather than stretching out.
                        I
                        Tarleton State Texan
                        Texas State Bobcat

Comment

Originally posted by chrisattsu View Post

Yikes. I'm sorry. My trips to Kingsville were met with full stands, great tailgating and a fun gameday atmosphere. I cant imagine y'all falling that far.

Hopefully you turn it around
                          It is not happening anytime soon. Let's just say there are some people down there ( an no they are not active board members I don't think) who think our poop doesn't stink. On and off the field......

Comment

Originally posted by chrisattsu View Post
                            Tarleton claiming 7716 for the Angelo game.

The video feed never shows the home side but the Away was a little sparse to believe that were 3/4 full.

The students do pack themselves into their GA section rather than stretching out.
                            I
                            Four of the five home sections looked pretty full 85% to 90%). The chairback section in the center was only about 35% to 40% full for most of the game. The small upper deck (club seats or outdoor suite seats) were about 50% full. If I knew what the new side capacity was I could give you an estimate on attendance on that side.

The visitor locker room is a big improvement. Under the stadium looks very bare bones, but hey, nobody that matters really sees that anyway. All in all it is a nice facility. Tarleton did a good job with this. I am looking forward ti the trip to Canyon in a couple of weeks to check out their stadium.

Comment

[QUOTE=wisdomgymrat;n432698]Tarleton attendance was down. Should see a lot more next time with homecoming. Also thought ASU would travel better.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen the home attendance at ASU? Cannot determine why there is so little attendance for football at ASU when the softball, volleyball have great attendance, relatively speaking.

That being said, I have noticed that all of the visiting teams bring very few fans to games in San Angelo.

Comment

Let that sink in.
                                I've been to a Javelina game in a cold rain that had more fans in attendance. This hurts.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X