Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU-Texas

With apologies to my Mustang friends, this is just silly. It's time for Midwestern State or MSU-Texas or whatever to change it's name to reflect better on what it actually is. Surely, those of us on this board can come up with some good suggestions. I am being serious. Texas Northern? Red River State? Northwest Texas State? Just something else...
    Last edited by Buffalodad; 09-13-2019, 11:44 AM.

Sure thing. We will get right on that for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
      Sure thing. We will get right on that for you.
      Try not to be a smart a$$. I like MSU and I think it would help them to get a name that better defines them.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalodad View Post
        With apologies to my Mustang friends, this is just silly. It's time for Midwestern State or MSU-Texas or whatever to change it's name to reflect better on what it actually is. Surely, those of us on this board can come up with some good suggestions. I am being serious. Texas Northern? Red River State? Northwest Texas State? Just something else...
        You mean like West Texas A&M....that is rich!

Comment

Last edited by Inkblot; 09-13-2019, 04:46 PM. Reason: realized TAMUCT is upper-level, not four-year

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
            I think they should change their name to Panhandle State A&M.
            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

I think they should change their name to Panhandle State A&M.
              I had them down for Canyon State University, but couldn't use that one because of Grand Canyon University..

Comment

I'd rather a WT fan have started a softball thread. Zzz.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                    I'd rather a WT fan have started a softball thread. Zzz.
                    Hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                      To make matters worse the school is not even in Northwest Louisiana. That would be Shreveport.

Simple solution would be Texas Midwestern University dropping the State because Texas in the name should denote a public school. There used to be a Texas Western so Texas Midwestern is no more lengthy than say a Sam Houston State. I believe keeping Midwestern in the name is a must.
                      This is one of the primary reason Southwest Texas State dropped the Southwest part of the name. If one looks at the map, Del Rio or Eagle Pass is what you would call the south west part of the state. San Marcos is south central or in some chatter considered part of the Austin metro which is defined as being in central Texas.

Comment

Midwestern is fine, maybe call it Midwestern Texas University but the name's fine.

Comment

All I know is, as a newcomer to D2 sports, every time I see "MSU Texas" I have trouble reading it as Midwestern State and not Metro State (which of course is MSU Denver).

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                            I was against adding A&M

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X