Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    I told y'all before the season, when they came out with preseason predictions, that there were gonna be a few surprises.

Angelo OC ran the PERFECT game plan....and the new Ram D has shown it's face. Secondary sure looks different than last year, huh?

How bout that front? MSU Texas has -3 rushing on 20 attempts. Angelo D playing LIGHTS OUT!!!!

I figured with the right plan Angelo would win, but even I didn;t expect this!

Was just advised that the reason ASU didn't run last week is because Kingsville put 9 in the box. So, Angelo O beat them with the pass.

Really liking what I see. Opponent D plays pass, Angelo smacks them in the mouth with the run. Opponent D takes away the run, Angelo unleashes its high octane passing game. Two dimensional.

Dr May may prove to be a genius.....LOL ;):laugh:

#GoRams
    Warned yall
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattportman View Post
      This is a big game that will have major conference implications. Look forward to seeing the updates tomorrow. Are the Rams ready to take the next step? Is Midwestern ready to make the first big in conference statement of the year?
      Guess you got your answers.

The last game of the season is gonna be HUGE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Warned yall
        Warned them????? WOW!! If ENMU could win a big game your mouth would be running like a female liberal for President. ;)

Don't worry......y'alls turn is coming!

Comment

Warned them????? WOW!! If ENMU could win a big game your mouth would be running like a female liberal for President. ;)

Don't worry......y'alls turn is coming!
          Its a joke POPS! Cheese man! Congrats,i like seeing maskill lose!

Comment

Its a joke POPS! Cheese man! Congrats,i like seeing maskill lose!
            Hey brother, I take zero offense. It's just playful banter!

ITS FUN AS H3LL!!!

But you better worry about the Piggies right now and not me!

Comment

Hey brother, I take zero offense. It's just playful banter!

ITS FUN AS H3LL!!!

But you better worry about the Piggies right now and not me!
              Im waiting for the lightening to stop.... dont mind rain, hate lightening.

Comment

Next week just got a lot more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
                  Next week just got a lot more interesting.
                  Can Angelo beat Tarleton?? I guess anything can happen, but I wouldn't bet the farm.on it.

I will be there to watch this one!

Comment

Guess you got your answers.

The last game of the season is gonna be HUGE!!!!!!
                    Impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Mattportman View Post

Impressive
                      I LOVE when everything comes down to the last game of the season.

Makes the entire season exciting.

But lots of football to play.

Comment

Why does the last game of the season matter when you got us next week?? Lol writing off TSU??

Comment

Losing Rabb to Graduation is tough, I think Midwestern may be a 3 or 4 loss team this year, one of the few in Maskill's time but it happens every once in a while when graduation has its natural effects.

Angelo is angelo, for whatever reason despite all the resources etc that says they should be a national contender they seem to find ways to under perform.

The only thing that will be revealed this game is who is better for this season, Midwestern or Angelo, that's it.... still too much unkown about either team.

For the conference as a whole i don't think we will get a real good read till week 4 or 5, right now the only thing i am sure of is 1 Tarleton is top dog by miles, 2 Buffs still suck...HEHEHE.
                          Watching this one in person and what you wrote is spot on from my vantage point. I think that MSU is definitely down this year, particularly on the offensive side of the ball. Seemed to be very little of the RPO that Rabb ran so well. ASU LB's and DB's dropped at least 5 passes directly in their hands. The staring QB, Purcel, went out at half after getting hit pretty good several times late in the first half. The MSU offense had just barely over 100 yards until their scoring drive that started with about 5 minutes left in the game and trailing 28-0.

On the defensive side their corners were very susceptible to Keke Chism and Lawson Ayo. However, those corners were left on islands out there because MSU was putting 8 in the box a lost to shut down the run game. As Pops mentioned in the Piggie-Hound thread, the ASU offense took what tMSU was willing to give them.

All that said, I think the jury is still out on ASU. That being said, next week is probably not a good measuring stick either since Tarleton is obviously head and shoulders above the rest of the conference this year.

Comment

One other quick note. As mentioned this did not look very much like a typical Maskill game except for one thing. With less than two minutes left in the game; and a 28-7 score, ASU decided to shut it down and take a knee to run out the clock. But, Maskill being Maskill, used his last two timeouts to stop the clock and get the ball back. I understand if you don't stop playing, but thought it not worth getting someone hurt when it would accomplish absolutely nothing. To quote HOGSVRR, "He's such a nice man."

Comment

Can Angelo beat Tarleton?? I guess anything can happen, but I wouldn't bet the farm.on it.

I will be there to watch this one!

Comment

Tarleton posted their 3rd 600 yard offensive game of the season while averaging 6.1 yards per rush, 16.4 yds per pass attempt, 24.6 yds per completion, and 9.3 yds per offensive play. Whoever TSU plays will need to stop the explosive plays while being explosive themselves against a stingy defense.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X