Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post

But the folks making the coaching decision will probably blame the coach instead of looking at themselves. The issues width the poor football program are numerous and not just coaching. But it is always easier to blame others.
    You can always find a coach. Fixing the fundamental issues leading to the current problem, that takes far more time and effort.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post

But the folks making the coaching decision will probably blame the coach instead of looking at themselves. The issues width the poor football program are numerous and not just coaching. But it is always easier to blame others.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

You can always find a coach. Fixing the fundamental issues leading to the current problem, that takes far more time and effort.
        That why it has to be done simultaneously. If we go the new coach route, he has to be able to show potential recruits we are going to do this for our facilities and by your Junior year, you will be the first group to break them in. The new coach can in no way be handed the same deck of cards.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

That why it has to be done simultaneously. If we go the new coach route, he has to be able to show potential recruits we are going to do this for our facilities and by your Junior year, you will be the first group to break them in. The new coach can in no way be handed the same deck of cards.
          Exactly.

Comment

What a disservice we've done to Coach Wilk (and Coach Bo for that matter) forcing him to fight an uphill battle with at least one hand tied behind his back. I remember some of the type of players he was pursuing his first couple of years but was unable to land. Maybe the administration can/will use him as a scapegoat, but I believe enough people know there's plenty of blame to go around in the mismanagement of the program including lack of planning for future capital improvements/facility upgrades, etc. I'm just ready to get this fixed and hope people learn their lesson that the "That's the way we've always done it" mentality is a recipe for disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post

What a disservice we've done to Coach Wilk (and Coach Bo for that matter) forcing him to fight an uphill battle with at least one hand tied behind his back. I remember some of the type of players he was pursuing his first couple of years but was unable to land. Maybe the administration can/will use him as a scapegoat, but I believe enough people know there's plenty of blame to go around in the mismanagement of the program including lack of planning for future capital improvements/facility upgrades, etc. I'm just ready to get this fixed and hope people learn their lesson that the "That's the way we've always done it" mentality is a recipe for disaster.
              You are exactly right my friend. If Coach Wilk becomes the next coaching casualty , he should really be a smaller footnote in this whole saga which now goes back almost a decade and a half. Your last sentence is the money shot, grand slam or a hole in one. I would add we have a "we can't do it" complex at times which compliments this comment. Kind of because of our socio economics, we either give up trying to do what needs to be done or settle for crumbs. If Prairie View A&M and UTRGV can get things done on their campuses in both athletic and academic sides of the coin, we certainly can do the same. And I can be certain they did sit idly by and beg.

My concern whatever transpires in the next couple of months might be our last chance to get it right. We can't hire another coach and rinse and repeat. It absolutely has to be done 100% right this time.

Comment

My concern whatever transpires in the next couple of months might be our last chance to get it right. We can't hire another coach and rinse and repeat. It absolutely has to be done 100% right this time.
                Will A&M Kingsville actually put in the effort or go for the far easier bandaid that is coach replacement. While the only information I've got about how TAMUK has fallen to where they are has been through this board, it seems to me that TAMUK prefers the quick and easy. Certainly hope imI wrong because good grief the fans deserve better.

Comment

Will A&M Kingsville actually put in the effort or go for the far easier bandaid that is coach replacement. While the only information I've got about how TAMUK has fallen to where they are has been through this board, it seems to me that TAMUK prefers the quick and easy. Certainly hope imI wrong because good grief the fans deserve better.

Comment

Ok, quick question. Are they intentionally nuking the program or did they just walk in off the street and got handed the spot? No one knows what the goals are? That's how you succeed at failing. He hasn't been communicating about the football team? Did you hire him from the Kremlin?

Knew it was bad, didn't think it was that bad.

Comment

Ok, quick question. Are they intentionally nuking the program or did they just walk in off the street and got handed the spot? No one knows what the goals are? That's how you succeed at failing. He hasn't been communicating about the football team? Did you hire him from the Kremlin?

Knew it was bad, didn't think it was that bad.

Comment

So it's more they don't care and since no one is really raising a ruckus they can't pretend to care?

Comment

So it's more they don't care and since no one is really raising a ruckus they can't pretend to care?
                          A segment of our fan base wanted to believe our history would see us through this and once upon a time iit would. This was before the facilities arms race began and no one was really pressing it from the outside except a handful of people. The previous administration gave everyone a bunch of lip service while they kicked the can down the road including quietly redirecting schollies dollars until the quicksand over took the program.

Let me put it to you this way. There were a few times when all of this started to unfold several years I would post these concerns and the response you would get was posting them does more harm to the program vs helping it. I was like really? Thinking like this is like a Ostrich sticking his head in the ground.

Comment

A segment of our fan base wanted to believe our history would see us through this and once upon a time iit would. This was before the facilities arms race began and no one was really pressing it from the outside except a handful of people. The previous administration gave everyone a bunch of lip service while they kicked the can down the road including quietly redirecting schollies dollars until the quicksand over took the program.

??????You have my sympathies. Not so much during the game tonight though.

Comment

??????You have my sympathies. Not so much during the game tonight though.

Comment

It might light a fire under y'all's administration.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X