Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Calling a play...no that's not right, intentionally mimicking a snap count I can see but hollering coverages or d line slants or otherwise should not be charged to the Defense. Heck in college if you jump into the endzone and get back fast enough if the line moves its false start I can't see how they flag even a sudden line shift.
    I assume you mean "neutral zone"????

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Sounds like it's not known what even happened so....
      rookie or inexperienced officials make this mistake often. especially guys who call pop warner, middle school/high school and not a lot of advanced ball. they are not used to defenses calling audibles. oh well.....no harm.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

rookie or inexperienced officials make this mistake often. especially guys who call pop warner, middle school/high school and not a lot of advanced ball. they are not used to defenses calling audibles. oh well.....no harm.
        Was it now an audible called? Shrug.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Was it now an audible called? Shrug.
          The players aren't mic'd so I'm not sure if a player called an audible or anything else. I know after the LB stepped up to the DL, they shifted left and an OL moved. The ref only stated a delay of game on the defense for causing an OL to move.

Comment

I assume you mean "neutral zone"????
            yes, this phone is not my fat thumbed friend!!
            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

yes, this phone is not my fat thumbed friend!!
              So your "thumbs" typed "endzone" by accident when you were trying to type neutral zone????

Hmmmmmm. Ok.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post

The players aren't mic'd so I'm not sure if a player called an audible or anything else. I know after the LB stepped up to the DL, they shifted left and an OL moved. The ref only stated a delay of game on the defense for causing an OL to move.
                Like I said, happens a lot. Inexperienced Officials make this inaccurate call. No worries. All you can do as a player is shake your head.

Comment

So your "thumbs" typed "endzone" by accident when you were trying to type neutral zone????

Hmmmmmm. Ok.
                  no I'm sure I misspelled it horribly and "auto correct" got me! This phones ability to ad lib off my poor typing is phenomenal.
                  I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Did the Referee say "Delay of game, the OL moved" as the explanation? This seems far fetched. You could have the play clock run out as the OL moves, but the two items would seem to be mutually exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Did the Referee say "Delay of game, the OL moved" as the explanation? This seems far fetched. You could have the play clock run out as the OL moves, but the two items would seem to be mutually exclusive.
                      Huh?? Wrong.

That IS the call. Defensive Delay of Game. Anytime the defense "barks out" and it is deemed to disrupt the snap count, it's a penalty. It is RARELY called unless a defender is barking out a fake snap count to draw movement.

Inexperienced or "home town" Officials will mistake an audible, line shift call, etc for trying to disrupt the snap count.

Comment

Huh?? Wrong.

That IS the call. Defensive Delay of Game. Anytime the defense "barks out" and it is deemed to disrupt the snap count, it's a penalty. It is RARELY called unless a defender is barking out a fake snap count to draw movement.

Inexperienced or "home town" Officials will mistake an audible, line shift call, etc for trying to disrupt the snap count.
                        Turbonium also explained it as a correct call if the defense caused a disruption (mimicking a count, etc). When I saw it live, I just thought it was strange as I've never seen a delay of game on the defense for causing the OL to move. Either way, I learned a new rule. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Turbonium also explained it as a correct call if the defense caused a disruption (mimicking a count, etc). When I saw it live, I just thought it was strange as I've never seen a delay of game on the defense for causing the OL to move. Either way, I learned a new rule. Thanks for the info.
                          I didnt see that post on here.

Comment

I've seen it called on D, but usually with an explanation why after it was called. The time or two I saw if called was on special teams situations too.

Comment

Huh?? Wrong.

Thanks. I missed that NCAA bulletin. I incorrectly answered with regard to NFHS rules, where mimicking a snap count is U/C.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X