Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ras619 View Post

My hope is that BB will continue using the division for travel partners only so that the overall LSC record is the ranking. Then change the 2020/21 schedule so that everyone plays everyone else one time & the balance leaves 5 OOC games or games in conference that don't count (like MSU this past year). The advantage to this is it makes every single LSC game important & no one gets a short LSC draw within a division. This might even balance out the travel issue so that the DFW teams have some long trips too.
    IMHO, one of the things I like about college sports is the rivalry. WT has one with ENMU and LCU is becoming one in basketball. Playing an opponent one time will not help any rivalry. Not a fan of playing a conference team that doesn't count in the conference standings like we did last year. (MSU) It simply lets that team be better prepared for the next game.

From a purely competitive standpoint, you are correct. I also think playing each team once would give Wt an advantage due to the coaching style of our staff. (multiple defensive sets) I just hope this "short" schedule is not the "new normal."
    Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 05-27-2020, 09:00 AM.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• I think Wt has finished reloading the Lady Buffs. We lost three players to graduation and have signed seven. If everyone returns we will have a roster of 17. Our last player is a D1 transfer, she is a PG. After watching all the videos we will have a lot of talent on the team. We will be bigger and more athletic than last year. Coach has said that she wants to hold our opponents to under 50 points a game. With the incoming players and Hightower coming back, I look for the Lady Buffs to be very good.
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X