Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JakeTAMUC
    replied
    Rough night for the lady bluffs. Path been cleared for commerce, their fate is in their hands.

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

I had not heard another player was done for the year. That's not good with Hightower already out. Any word yet if she will medical redshirt or move on?
    My understanding is she will redshirt.

Leave a comment:

• Buff Fan 05
    replied
    Originally posted by ras619 View Post

I agree & hope WT plays well, but loss of another player for the season will sting.
    I had not heard another player was done for the year. That's not good with Hightower already out. Any word yet if she will medical redshirt or move on?

Leave a comment:

• ras619
    replied
    Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

I think you are overconfident about beating LCU, they are really hard to beat at home and the gym can get loud. WT doesn't play near as well on the road
    I agree & hope WT plays well, but loss of another player for the season will sting.

Leave a comment:

• Buff Fan 05
    replied
    Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    Well, here we go again. LCU today and ASU Saturday. The first time around neither game was ever in doubt. Wt is clearly the most talented team on the court in both matchups. With the travel involved and the fast turn around the ASU game presents the biggest challenge of the year. I think Wt defeats LCU in what should be a close game. LCU can win if they slow the game down. When WT pushes the ball we are hard to beat. The defense has held the team together all year, It will again this week. Two more wins would be a great road trip.
    I think you are overconfident about beating LCU, they are really hard to beat at home and the gym can get loud. WT doesn't play near as well on the road

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    Well, here we go again. LCU today and ASU Saturday. The first time around neither game was ever in doubt. Wt is clearly the most talented team on the court in both matchups. With the travel involved and the fast turn around the ASU game presents the biggest challenge of the year. I think Wt defeats LCU in what should be a close game. LCU can win if they slow the game down. When WT pushes the ball we are hard to beat. The defense has held the team together all year, It will again this week. Two more wins would be a great road trip.

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    Wt at #16 in the current poll. Commerce at #4 & LCU at #9. How long will LCU get credit for last year??

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Lady Buffs are leading all D2 teams in shots blocked according to latest NCAA stats.
    With 144 blocks, LCU is 9th with 102

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied

Saw you had an attendance of 1,500+ good turn out. IF Wt can get by LCU & ASU on the road this next week, Commerce v. Wt will be a HUGE game. Wt will need two good games to come away with wins. If Wt can get a lead we are really hard for someone to play catch-up against. Wt has been playing very good pressure defense all year. I'm hopeful that our"D" can carry us next week. We have the two leading shot blockers in the Lone Star. They also alter several shots a game. Looking forward to a good week of basketball.
    Lady Buffs are leading all D2 teams in shots blocked according to latest NCAA stats.

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    21 - 0. Commerce dominated Angelo today, starting with a 22-8 first quarter. Rambelles closed the gap some late, but the game was never in doubt from the first quarter on. I now fully expect this team to be undefeated when WT comes to town.
    Saw you had an attendance of 1,500+ good turn out. IF Wt can get by LCU & ASU on the road this next week, Commerce v. Wt will be a HUGE game. Wt will need two good games to come away with wins. If Wt can get a lead we are really hard for someone to play catch-up against. Wt has been playing very good pressure defense all year. I'm hopeful that our"D" can carry us next week. We have the two leading shot blockers in the Lone Star. They also alter several shots a game. Looking forward to a good week of basketball.
    Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 02-01-2020, 08:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JakeTAMUC
    replied
    21 - 0. Commerce dominated Angelo today, starting with a 22-8 first quarter. Rambelles closed the gap some late, but the game was never in doubt from the first quarter on. I now fully expect this team to be undefeated when WT comes to town.

Leave a comment:

• JakeTAMUC
    replied
    Commerce takes on ASU in the key Saturday match-up. ASU will need their best game of the year to get a win. The Lions are #1 in scoring and #2 in defense. ASU is #2 in scoring and #16 in defense. If ASU can slow the pace and take advantage of Moore's size advantage in the paint, they could come away with the win. It would be an upset.

Wt plays UTPB. In the first meeting, at UTPB, Wt came away with a 75-46 win. Parker and Dollar both had a double-double. I would think the result would be much the same.
    IMHO, Coach will try to rest some of the key players. Next week is the most challenging week on the schedule. Wt plays LCU and ASU on the road. Neither one of those teams appeared to match-up well with WT. IF Wt plays good defense we should come back home with 2 wins.
    On paper this should be the last real test for Commerce until the WT game in late Feb. Hopefully there is no let down after the big win over LCU 2 days ago. Feels like a possible trap game to me. Intrested to see the crowd size today after the huge turnout on Thursday.

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    Commerce takes on ASU in the key Saturday match-up. ASU will need their best game of the year to get a win. The Lions are #1 in scoring and #2 in defense. ASU is #2 in scoring and #16 in defense. If ASU can slow the pace and take advantage of Moore's size advantage in the paint, they could come away with the win. It would be an upset.

Wt plays UTPB. In the first meeting, at UTPB, Wt came away with a 75-46 win. Parker and Dollar both had a double-double. I would think the result would be much the same.
    IMHO, Coach will try to rest some of the key players. Next week is the most challenging week on the schedule. Wt plays LCU and ASU on the road. Neither one of those teams appeared to match-up well with WT. IF Wt plays good defense we should come back home with 2 wins.

Leave a comment:

• GoBuffsGo
    replied
    If you are looking for media coverage of the Buffs and Lady Buffs, try PressPassSports.com. Lance Lahnert is back covering the Buffs, and Kale Steed is covering the Lady Buffs.

And it's even current, not 2 days later!

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Lions move to 20-0 with a win over LCU in front of an absolutely packed field house. Ran a first half lead to 18, then took their foot off the gas and let Lubbock back in the game in the 3rd quarter. Battled through the 4th and held them off. Best atmosphere I've ever seen crowd wise here in Commerce. Folks are starting to get on board after the success of football and softball over the last few years. Students, faculty, and community all showing up in numbers. I hope they show again on Saturday for the Angelo game. A win saturday puts us in good position to host post season. Y'all can stop with the "untested, in a crappy division" excuses now.
    Wt did the same thing, up by 17 and stopped pushing the ball. Started walking the ball up the court. Mistake.
    I noticed you play everyone in our division at home, big advantage. The Kitty-Cats are playing well. So are the Lady Buffs.
    Our game should be a good match. Our game could determine the regular season. Whoever wins the post season tournament should host the regional.
    BTW - your still in a "Crappy Division"

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X