Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oldbuff
    replied
    What about the Lady Buffs for next season? As it stands now with the returnees, things look bad. Much better recruiting and coaching are needed ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• AmaKnight
    replied
    https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...sport-athletes

This article talks about D1 athletes getting a year. But all divisions have the option to return.

Leave a comment:

• JavsFan
    replied
    Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post

You are correct she has played 4 full seasons, but this season everyone in all of NCAA athletics gets to choose to repeat this year. Basically a medical redshirt year but you actually get to play. We shall call it "burgundy shirting"
    I didn't realize winter athletes got an extra year as well, since they have their championships.

I don't think spring sports athletes get an extra year, except for D3.

Leave a comment:

• AmaKnight
    replied
    Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

How so? Hasn't she played four full seasons?
    You are correct she has played 4 full seasons, but this season everyone in all of NCAA athletics gets to choose to repeat this year. Basically a medical redshirt year but you actually get to play. We shall call it "burgundy shirting"

Leave a comment:

• JavsFan
    replied
    Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post
    Looks like Lexi has decided to return to basketball next year. Just not with the Lady Buffs. She has entered the Transfer Portal.... Texas Tech maybe.... we shall see..
    How so? Hasn't she played four full seasons?

Leave a comment:

• AmaKnight
    replied
    Looks like Lexi has decided to return to basketball next year. Just not with the Lady Buffs. She has entered the Transfer Portal.... Texas Tech maybe.... we shall see..

Leave a comment:

• exbuff72
    replied
    Watched the Buffs win over Daemen game. Good showing by the Buffs! I usually watch with sound off but I had it on toward the end of the second half. Daemen must have been high bidder for broadcast rights! Whoever was woman was she would have sounded better on the Crown!

Leave a comment:

• JakeTAMUC
    replied
    The WT/Daemen game will be free to watch online beginning around 2:45 today. Heres the link: https://www.ncaa.com/sports/basketball-men/d2

oops, wrong thread. Ill post it in the Mens thread too.

Leave a comment:

• oldbuff
    replied
    Congratulations to Lexy Hightower! Named to 2 All-American teams (3rd team on one and honorable mention on the other). Would have been 1st team if the Lady Buffs had been better. Sad when they couldn't even make it to the LSC finals. Without Lexy, the cupboard is empty for next season (with the possible exception of Braylen Dollar). If Mattio is depending on returnees and doesn't do some fantastic recruiting, the Lady Buffs will be middle of the pack at best. LCU appears to have recruited well and will be back on top again. Still hoping Mattio gets a D-1 offer ASAP. Should be a sure thing with her incredible winning %.

Leave a comment:

• oldbuff
    replied
    Last edited by oldbuff; 03-15-2021, 11:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• exbuff72
    replied
    All the talk about WT WBB( I did not think it would get a life of its own), but what about those Buffs! Four LSC MBB titles, 3 LSC all-tournament players(and not one a senior). Two DII all-americans, I do not know how many wins the last 4 to 5 years. Starting line-up with no seniors. Hey, let's give the coaches and players some credit and Go Buffs!

Leave a comment:

• oldbuff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    I think it's up to Mr. McBroom and Dr. Wendler. Ms. Mattio serves at their discretion.

I was right when I said that the road to the women's NC this season will go through Canyon.

Leave a comment:

• oldbuff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    I'm not sure Tarleton can afford Mark. With bonus money, I bet he'll gross somewhere in the $225K plus this season.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X