Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
    Fort Lewis got robbed not hosting. Shows how corrupt the NCAA is. Hopefully the Buffs get knocked out by an RMAC school.
    WT had only 2 in-region losses, the least of any team in the South Central. That was the determining factor for the REGIONAL tournament. Don't be a sore loser, loser.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

WT had only 2 in-region losses, the least of any team in the South Central. That was the determining factor for the REGIONAL tournament. Don't be a sore loser, loser.
      Losers call people losers behind a keyboard bud.

Comment

• This dude is a whiny *****
        https://twitter.com/jlivi2?t=l-7AYpm...nVIbqgd-Q&s=09

Comment

• Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
          Unfortunately he brings up good points. Complete conflict of interest by your AD. If this was reversed you guys would be incensed.

Comment

• If Livingston is correct and the regional committee vote was unanimous, that means that McBroom voted in favor of Fort Lewis.

Comment

Oh, and what are you......Bud? Some sort of tough guy on a keyboard??? 🤣🤣🤣💀💀💀

Comment

Well, magician, come on down to Canyon this weekend and I'll say it to your face. I won't be hiding behind my keyboard. Will that work for you? I'll be in my wheelchair right next to seat 1 courtside across from home bench. I'm not bashful.

I can remember years ago when year after year WT should have hosted the women's regional, but we ALWAYS had to travel to Emporia. It was completely a subjective choice by a small committee. I was plenty butt hurt. Today, the hosting criteria is much more data based......d2 wins, in region wins, SOS, etc.

Comment

Unfortunately he brings up good points. Complete conflict of interest by your AD. If this was reversed you guys would be incensed.
                  Incensed? Everybody was expecting to go to Durango. I chatted with our coaches Sunday morning at the hotel. They expected to go to Ft. Lewis but kept up an outside hope WT could host. We discussed getting to Durango. They said it would be a 14 hour day to fly and 8 hours by bus. I had already made a reservation at the Marriott Fairfield. The only one on here who is incensed is you.

Going to Durango was no penalty for me. My sister lives in Farmington and I have a niece and nephew who live in Durango that I haven't seen in quite a while. I was looking forward to it.
                  Last edited by BuffaloChip; 03-07-2023, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• Hey, Mountainmagic, I was reading your tweets. I had a really, really good belly laugh when you said poor li'l ole FLC worked so hard as compared to a rich Texas school who hands players "duffel bags full of cash." hahahaha! I've been around for 50 years watching WT basketball, traveling all over the country, going to practice, years ago traveling with the team, being a booster and consistent $ contributor to our programs......and if there were duffel bags of cash being handed out to our players, I'd know about it. hahaha!

We lost a D2 AA guard, Qua Grant, this year because we didn't have duffel bags full of cash. 3 years at WT with a natty final game against NWM, 1 year at Wichita State, and he had a year left. WT badly wanted him back. We couldn't put any kind of NIL money together for him and he followed the NIL money to Sam Houston where he's absolutely tearing up the WAC. Duffel bags full of cash. hahaha!

You don't know what you're talking about.

Comment

WT played 3 ranked teams non conference and a 4th one finished 19-9.

They lost 3 of those 4 games by a combined 5 points.

Ft. Lewis's non conference schedule looks riddled with cupcakes with the exception of Angelo State.

Flip the schedules and WT more than likely finishes with 3 losses or less.

Edit: WT has played 6 teams that made the D2 NCAA tournament.
                      Last edited by Buffalo/Islander Alum; 03-07-2023, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                        If Livingston is correct and the regional committee vote was unanimous, that means that McBroom voted in favor of Fort Lewis.
                        Likely 7-0 vote. Any representative has to refrain from discussing their own institution while part of the committee.

Comment

• Let them keep whinning, they had better take a look at LCU this team is no push over

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Likely 7-0 vote. Any representative has to refrain from discussing their own institution while part of the committee.
                            I asked someone who's served on committees and he told me you're not allowed to discuss your institution but you can still vote.
                            Last edited by Inkblot; 03-07-2023, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Do you think the difficulty of getting to Durango and the associated cost had something to do with the committee choosing Amarillo over the 4 Corners? Would cost factor into the decision?

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Do you think the difficulty of getting to Durango and the associated cost had something to do with the committee choosing Amarillo over the 4 Corners? Would cost factor into the decision?
                                I don’t know

this is not something I normally care about but when I saw the nonsense on Twitter, it made me take a closer look.

I went to Ink’s site, and quite frankly, I think it’s the criteria that allowed West Texas to host.

There is even more criteria that Ink’s site does not display that favors West Texas as well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X