Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sr4 #1 msm vs #2 tsu

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sr4 #1 msm vs #2 tsu

    This is going to be a slug fest of two top ten teams in the country in the great white north of Minnesota!

    MSM enters the contest as the #1 team in the country. They have also managed to play exceptional on the defensive side of the ball allowing only 84.8 yards per game on the ground and 196.5 per game through the air. They have averaged giving up 15.5 pts per game.

    On the other side of the ball MSM has been very efficient offensively. They have a pretty balanced attack averaging 234.3 yds per game on the ground and 229.8 through the air. They have averaged 43.1 points per game. They have also only allowed 11 sacks on the season!

    TSU is going to have their hands full. I think the formula for success doesn’t change with this one though. Our defense should be able to handle the running game and hold them to less than a 100 yards. On the offensive side it will be up to our big men in the trenches making some lanes for our trio of running backs. If Turner can gash them early I believe this will be a very manageable game.

    I see this being a low scoring affair because of the two great defenses.

    24-21 TSU moves on!

    What’s your thoughts and predictions?

  • #2
    Re: Sr4 #1 msm vs #2 tsu

    If we start out slow again and commit over 100 yards of penalties we will go home and get ready for next season. Utterly embarrassing start to the game yesterday, with Commerce helping us by dropping passes all over the field.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Sr4 #1 msm vs #2 tsu

      Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
      If we start out slow again and commit over 100 yards of penalties we will go home and get ready for next season. Utterly embarrassing start to the game yesterday, with Commerce helping us by dropping passes all over the field.
      True freshman had a rough first start with the false starts.

      A lot of the defensive penalties were questionable calls.

      That was a horribly officiated game yesterday.

      That being said I do agree, if we have that many penalties next week we will be starting our offseason next Sunday.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Sr4 #1 msm vs #2 tsu

        One of the major criticisms the Mavericks had prior to yesterday was how weak their schedule was and how down the NSIC was (it was down this year) but basically handling Pueblo put that argument to the side.

        I think it’ll come down to how much success you guys have passing the ball in the air. Our biggest weakness imo is our secondary (which has gotten better over the season) and if we don’t get pressure on the QB, then it could be a long day for us.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Sr4 #1 msm vs #2 tsu

          Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
          One of the major criticisms the Mavericks had prior to yesterday was how weak their schedule was and how down the NSIC was (it was down this year) but basically handling Pueblo put that argument to the side.

          I think it’ll come down to how much success you guys have passing the ball in the air. Our biggest weakness imo is our secondary (which has gotten better over the season) and if we don’t get pressure on the QB, then it could be a long day for us.
          The secondary is our weakness as well lol this could turn into a shootout!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Sr4 #1 msm vs #2 tsu

            Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
            One of the major criticisms the Mavericks had prior to yesterday was how weak their schedule was and how down the NSIC was (it was down this year) but basically handling Pueblo put that argument to the side.

            I think it’ll come down to how much success you guys have passing the ball in the air. Our biggest weakness imo is our secondary (which has gotten better over the season) and if we don’t get pressure on the QB, then it could be a long day for us.
            Pueblos offense is miles behind Tarletons though miles....
            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Sr4 #1 msm vs #2 tsu

              Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
              Pueblos offense is miles behind Tarletons though miles....
              ^^^ Agreed.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Sr4 #1 msm vs #2 tsu

                Originally posted by TSUTexan61 View Post
                True freshman had a rough first start with the false starts.

                A lot of the defensive penalties were questionable calls.

                That was a horribly officiated game yesterday.

                That being said I do agree, if we have that many penalties next week we will be starting our offseason next Sunday.
                I had hoped WT would have been able to snag him last year, he will be a good one. Tough game for a first start, the Commerce d line is really good

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Sr4 #1 msm vs #2 tsu

                  Originally posted by TSUTexan61 View Post
                  The secondary is our weakness as well lol this could turn into a shootout!
                  Disagree, KW threaded the needle on a lot of those passes yesterday. Holding the Lions to FGs meant defenders were making plays. There were also a lot of drops. But, even going back to the MW game, Rabb wasn’t torching them. Even the homer commentators were surprised how good the TSU secondary was. Although endlessly complained about PIs not being called.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Sr4 #1 msm vs #2 tsu

                    Another thing that TSU has going for them that most run heavy don’t have is a solid passing game with a really good receiving core. It will be odd to see them passing a lot as they are not accustomed to not relying on the run.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Sr4 #1 msm vs #2 tsu

                      Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                      Another thing that TSU has going for them that most run heavy don’t have is a solid passing game with a really good receiving core. It will be odd to see them passing a lot as they are not accustomed to not relying on the run.
                      Agreed, my comment to our secondary was only to say that is our weakest part.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Sr4 #1 msm vs #2 tsu

                        Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                        Pueblos offense is miles behind Tarletons though miles....
                        Who???

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Sr4 #1 msm vs #2 tsu

                          Originally posted by TSUTexan61 View Post
                          Agreed, my comment to our secondary was only to say that is our weakest part.
                          Trust me, I know a thing or two about bad secondaries and bad defense overall. I’ve been watching bad defense for over a decade now.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Sr4 #1 msm vs #2 tsu

                            Is the Commerce vs Tarleton game available anywhere for replay?

                            I went to the LSC app on Roku..but that's nearly useless for football. I wasn't seeing an archive on either the TSU site or the LSC site.

                            Thanks in advance.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Sr4 #1 msm vs #2 tsu

                              Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                              Is the Commerce vs Tarleton game available anywhere for replay?

                              I went to the LSC app on Roku..but that's nearly useless for football. I wasn't seeing an archive on either the TSU site or the LSC site.

                              Thanks in advance.
                              I doubt it. Tarleton doesn’t archive the games for folks to retrieve.

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X