Re: Angelo making some changes...

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    Seriously? That's crazy.
    No SH!T

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
      Might be why attendance is down.

BUT I guess if you have tickets in hand it's not an issue at all. BUT if you use Will Call or buy tickets at the game, it's a mess.

Just how many alums settle in San Angelo after graduation? How many season ticket holders are recent grads (past 8 years)?
      Anyone know? I am very curious.

I heard some other LSC schools are not doing well with younger alums buying season tickets. I heard there has been a significant drop.

So I was wondering if ASU is also experiencing this.

Comment

I heard some other LSC schools are not doing well with younger alums buying season tickets. I heard there has been a significant drop.

Obviously nothing official from me as I do not have access to ticket sales information, but my parents have had season tickets to everything for the past 10 years at least. Due to some medical issues recently, they haven't been able to attend games so I have used their tickets. And by my observations, I would say very little young (35 and below) alums are buying season tickets. I would say the only way these folks come to games is if their companies have season tickets or their parent's company has season tickets. The age discrepancy at games is huge. You have the 55+ crowd which the majority of the ticket sales, then you have the college students who get in free (but are definitely paying for their ticket) and then you have about 1/3 of the 55+ crowd as young families who I would guess don't have season tickets but come to the occasional game when their boss isn't using the ticket.

Comment

I'd bet it's not uncommon at many schools, regardless of the level. Even some at D2 who are winning on a consistent basis if you believe the attendance figures. You can thank streaming games on the internet for some of that decline.

You can also thank the decline of football's popularity among millennials and whatever they call the current generation as well. I mean a good chunk of them would rather sit around in a Starbucks or another coffee house sipping on lattes on a Saturday discussing how they get offended and dreaming up the next Gillette like corporate campaign to piss off another key consumer group in order to further push an agenda.

But to be fair, I gave up my season tickets a few years ago when the Hogs were still relevant (which is a fading memory) because I usually find a decent seat in the GA stands which is directly behind the Javelina sideline. The other side where the visitors team stands is the reserved section and where the visiting teams fans sit. I know others who are very active Alums who have done the same or never became season tickets in the first place.

I think a good chunk of your season ticket crowd at most of the smaller schools are aging and because of mobility and the above said lack of interest among millennials, it's just not on the list of needs of many to get season tickets. I'm going to guess many of our old timer season ticket holders were one time A&I students who ended up living in the Coastal Bend after graduating whereas many graduates in the last few decades and currently are taking jobs right out of college in the bigger metro areas and stay there. It's probably the same in San Angelo, Canyon, etc and plus it's not exactly a short drive to many of our schools from these metro areas. So why get season tickets if you are not going to use them, save maybe for a game or two? It's not like UT or A&M where you could put them on Stub Hub or some other secondary ticket seller and make a profit for a game you are going to miss or have no interest in seeing.

Comment

I know that from the age of about 30-50, I did not regularly attend any WT events. I had 3 boys who were very involved, so I spent my time at their activities and along with work had very little time to do anything else.

Comment

Thanks all!!

All great points. It appears the issue then is how to GROW attendance with the younger generations....as the older are fading away.

A group I am involved with are working on a posible solution. We are ending R&D and have begun creation stage. If successful, it will certainly increase attendance and the game experience at ALL levels.

Comment

Thanks all!!

All great points. It appears the issue then is how to GROW attendance with the younger generations....as the older are fading away.

A group I am involved with are working on a posible solution. We are ending R&D and have begun creation stage. If successful, it will certainly increase attendance and the game experience at ALL levels.
                You know the guys you need to send that to here in Angelo...what are you waiting for! :)

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                  You know the guys you need to send that to here in Angelo...what are you waiting for! :)
                  I am just an investor.

Not sure at what level their marketing will begin. I assume DI.

Comment

I am hearing some AMAZING things likely to happen for 2019 Angelo State football!!!! Unlike anything else going on in the LSC.

STAY TUNED!!!!!

#ASUThePlaceToBe

Comment

I am hearing some AMAZING things likely to happen for 2019 Angelo State football!!!! Unlike anything else going on in the LSC.

STAY TUNED!!!!!

#ASUThePlaceToBe
                      Are we going to field a lingerie football team?:smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                        Are we going to field a lingerie football team?:smile-big:
                        Dang!!!! It leaked??

Comment

Dang!!!! It leaked??
                          I dont see the appeal of a bunch of overweight old men playing in their bras and panties?
                          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                            I dont see the appeal of a bunch of overweight old men playing in their bras and panties?
                            He said it was meant to raise attendance, so maybe his group tells everyone they could show up anywhere except at the Angelo games.

Comment

Some changes coming to Angelo State Offense. OC Drew Dallas will not be back.

Comment

Originally posted by DIIguru View Post
                                Some changes coming to Angelo State Offense. OC Drew Dallas will not be back.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X