X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why is Notre Dame in Playoffs?

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
    https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...223723625.html

I think Techster is spot on. The above column kind of backs up what many think about the special treatment ND gets. The money quote from it is this.....

And it should be added the bulk of the playoff committee is part of the old guard from the day which is another reason they get the love.

Truth is if BYU, who is another independent managed to pull off a 12-0 record which included a couple of wins over top 25 teams, they would not get the love ND gets despite having a sizable fan base and Ohio State or Georgia probably would of been given the nod. Albeit BYU's fan base is not as big as ND's, but still one that is bigger than UCF's for example who was given minor consideration again this time around.
    And UCF handled auburn last year. Looking forward to the LSU - UCF game this year. If UCF wins with their backup QB does that boost them for the future? I still think FBS needs 8 teams to be legit. 15 years ago it was BYU, 10 years ago it was Baylor and TCU, 6 or 7 years ago it was Boise State, now it is UCF that deserve a shot at the blue bloods. Probably they dont win, but 12-0 deserves a shot at that level.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
      The late Joe Avezzano told me one day:

"Once you pass HS JV, it starts becoming all about the money. It's no longer about the sport or the love of the sport...it becomes entertainment, ego, and the almighty dollar."

A few days later, we were doing a youth football clinic in Plano and Joe called me over. Huge smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye. Joe said: "Hey Pech. I love this right here. This is real football. This is what its supposed to be about".

I will never forget that moment as long as I live.
      This is one of the reasons I enjoy watching D2 football. The kids are playing for the love of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
        And UCF handled auburn last year. Looking forward to the LSU - UCF game this year. If UCF wins with their backup QB does that boost them for the future? I still think FBS needs 8 teams to be legit. 15 years ago it was BYU, 10 years ago it was Baylor and TCU, 6 or 7 years ago it was Boise State, now it is UCF that deserve a shot at the blue bloods. Probably they dont win, but 12-0 deserves a shot at that level.
        UCF starting to get rolled pretty good against a 3 loss LSU team who is now down their top 5 guys in the secondary after 2 are ejected for targeting. Wonder what the most targeting ejections in a game is, up to 3 in this one.

Nice drive by UCF to end the half down just 3. Beyond that drive they've done nothing on offense, looked like Pueblo out there.
        Last edited by Turbonium; 01-01-2019, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
          The late Joe Avezzano told me one day:

"Once you pass HS JV, it starts becoming all about the money. It's no longer about the sport or the love of the sport...it becomes entertainment, ego, and the almighty dollar."

A few days later, we were doing a youth football clinic in Plano and Joe called me over. Huge smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye. Joe said: "Hey Pech. I love this right here. This is real football. This is what its supposed to be about".

I will never forget that moment as long as I live.

Comment

+100

Comment

How about those Horns taking it to the second best team in the best football conference ever created by man?

SEC baby!!!

Comment

How about those Horns taking it to the second best team in the best football conference ever created by man?

SEC baby!!!
                I don't want to hear another word about how Georgia deserved to be in the playoff. They got beat up last night- that game didn't feel as close as the score since the Bulldogs scored late.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                  I don't want to hear another word about how Georgia deserved to be in the playoff. They got beat up last night- that game didn't feel as close as the score since the Bulldogs scored late.
                  They didn't seem as if they even wanted to be there.

Comment

The Cotton Bowl was pretty fun. Notre Dame fans are some of the most arrogant people I have ever met. The Notre Dame fans had an excuse for every play. Clemson fans were fun. They didn't act like they were better than anyone else. As far as a cotton bowl it was one of the better game day environments that I have been to. Been to around 20 Cotton Bowls now and this was one of my favorites because I got a front row seat to watching Notre Dame get demolished. Not exactly front row but we had pretty good seats.

Comment

SEC baby!!!

Comment

SEC baby!!!
                        Hahaha.

#HookEm

Comment

SEC baby!!!
                          Not a UT sucks fan but it was good to see them play at that level. They seemed to play with more intensity as the game went on - that intensity cost them big time on the last GA drive.

Also nice to see that longhorn go after the puppy dog. Seemed like an omen.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                            Not a UT sucks fan but it was good to see them play at that level. They seemed to play with more intensity as the game went on - that intensity cost them big time on the last GA drive.

Also nice to see that longhorn go after the puppy dog. Seemed like an omen.
                            You don't pick a fight with a steer wearing a red dress.

Comment

You don't pick a fight with a steer wearing a red dress.
                              PETA is now demanding that NCAA Nazis outlaw live mascots sporting events.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                                PETA is now demanding that NCAA Nazis outlaw live mascots sporting events.
                                Sad thing is the NCAA Nazis will probably give it serious consideration. They have a history of bending over for a very vocal minority as we've seen with the team mascots related to Native American/Indians. And this inspite of some of those very same Indian Nations and Tribes suggesting they had absolutley no issue with a school having a mascot named after them or polling showing the majority of Native Americans have no issue with Indian related mascots anywhere. But it didn't matter to the NCAA or the rest of the Social Justice warriors. Well.... Unless you are a Florida State and you are big time revenue generator for the NCAA.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X