Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Off Season & OT Thread.....everything else

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    I didn't realize of all DII players, only 3 were invited to participate in the East West Shrine game. WHAT AN HONOR!!!!

Looks like ASU may have a great player getting at shot in the NFL. This will probably bring more great DL recruits and transfers to ASU.
    Even more impressive when you consider all the LSC skill players others said could start for Michigan, Florida, and Notre Dame. :smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
      I didn't realize of all DII players, only 3 were invited to participate in the East West Shrine game. WHAT AN HONOR!!!!

Looks like ASU may have a great player getting at shot in the NFL. This will probably bring more great DL recruits and transfers to ASU.
      I hope you are right, that is one position we have been very good at for the last 8 years at least. With Jones and Callicut before him. I think there are a total of 4 1st Team AA honors between those guys.

Comment

Did any of you see/read the statement from the Amarillo High Volleyball coach (who by the way is the best player to ever come through that program, was a multiple AA at Nebraska)? She resigned her position yesterday (at the end of her contract, which is the school year) due to the lack of backbone from administration when it came to playing time for some players whose parents think they are someone. From all the sources I have heard, these parents went to admin to push for playing time for their daughter. Admin then went to the coach and "encouraged" her to play the girl. Coach didn't and wouldn't budge on it....now Amarillo High is looking for a new volleyball coach.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
          Did any of you see/read the statement from the Amarillo High Volleyball coach (who by the way is the best player to ever come through that program, was a multiple AA at Nebraska)? She resigned her position yesterday (at the end of her contract, which is the school year) due to the lack of backbone from administration when it came to playing time for some players whose parents think they are someone. From all the sources I have heard, these parents went to admin to push for playing time for their daughter. Admin then went to the coach and "encouraged" her to play the girl. Coach didn't and wouldn't budge on it....now Amarillo High is looking for a new volleyball coach.
          I heard the parent was a board member...

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
            This very well could be. There are two girls on the roster with the same last name as a board member. If this proves to be true, she should resign.

Comment

The AHS problem has been ongoing for the last 20 years.
              If you coach at AHS you need to know how to "play the game" with parents.
              Sad, but true. I hope the board member gets pressure to resign, however, I wouldn't count on it.
              There a TV station that says they have confirmation (written) of the board member trying to pressure the Coach.
              The Cooper family has always been one of unquestioned integrity, clearly, the board member didn't know the family well.
              The most disappointing part of this is the AD not backing his coach. IF the ball gets rolling on this it could cost several people their job's.
              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                The most disappointing part of this is the AD not backing his coach.
                That doesn't surprise me at all though...

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                  The AHS problem has been ongoing for the last 20 years.
                  If you coach at AHS you need to know how to "play the game" with parents.
                  Sad, but true. I hope the board member gets pressure to resign, however, I wouldn't count on it.
                  There a TV station that says they have confirmation (written) of the board member trying to pressure the Coach.
                  The Cooper family has always been one of unquestioned integrity, clearly, the board member didn't know the family well.
                  The most disappointing part of this is the AD not backing his coach. IF the ball gets rolling on this it could cost several people their job's.
                  A local TV station, KAMR, has 4 letters from parents and players confirming what Kori said in her statement. I hope there is a change in the school board in the near future.

Comment

ASU Pops - found your dream place your were wanting:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...9335605&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post
                      ASU Pops - found your dream place your were wanting:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...9335605&type=3
                      Hahaha!!!! Yes sir....thats ALMOST it. You just forgot the porta-potty.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
                        Even more impressive when you consider all the LSC skill players others said could start for Michigan, Florida, and Notre Dame. :smile-big:
                        LMAO!!!! Too funny!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                          Yep....and see which board member doesn't show up or is extremely quiet a the Jan 22 board meeting. Should be a lot of fun....
                          Not a ton of communities value their volleyball team as much as Amarillo High (and the panhandle in general)

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
                            This very well could be. There are two girls on the roster with the same last name as a board member. If this proves to be true, she should resign.
                            We must be speaking about Amarillo ISD school board member Renee McCowan. She has two girls on the AHS volleyball roster.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                              We must be speaking about Amarillo ISD school board member Renee McCowan. She has two girls on the AHS volleyball roster.
                              She should have her name blasted, although unfortunate for her girls (I bet the girls weren't the ones complaining about playing time, 99% of the time kids understand why they are or aren't playing) but to attempt to throw your weight around like this should be grounds for having your name drug through the mud for this specific incident. Not saying people should dig through her history or anything like that, but if you think you have the right to demand playing time, then you have the right to have your name thrown out when it backfires.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                                Yep....and see which board member doesn't show up or is extremely quiet a the Jan 22 board meeting. Should be a lot of fun....
                                Not a ton of communities value their volleyball team as much as Amarillo High (and the panhandle in general)
                                Hopefully she won't still be on the board on January 22. I understand the pressure is increasing and could very well touch some administrators who don't have the balls do to what's right.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X