Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Off Season & OT Thread.....everything else

Maybe both!!! The problem any HC will have at Tech from this point moving forward is that Tech fans saw that Leach could win consistently. Maybe not to the level as some, but he always had the Raiders in the top half of the Conference and usually had them competing for a title late into the season. Knowing that it can be accomplished alums are no longer going to settle for the Spike Dykes of the world. My thinking is that Baylor and TCU fans think the same way after Briles and Patterson success.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      This is very perplexing. It's sure not my Cardinal money hiring KK (now). What a leap by an NFL team. The owners might as well have pulled a wild hair out of their azz.
      This is either genius or bonkers. I lean towards the latter.

BUT it is the Arizona Cardinals and to be one of two charter members of football and NEVER win a Super Bowl is flat out embarrassing. I guess logic goes out the window and you just start randomly swinging for the fence.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
        Maybe both!!! The problem any HC will have at Tech from this point moving forward is that Tech fans saw that Leach could win consistently. Maybe not to the level as some, but he always had the Raiders in the top half of the Conference and usually had them competing for a title late into the season. Knowing that it can be accomplished alums are no longer going to settle for the Spike Dykes of the world. My thinking is that Baylor and TCU fans think the same way after Briles and Patterson success.
        Yes.....Unfortunately, Tech will always be 3rd rate unless a lot of people take off the blinders.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

Comment

Ohhhhh.....you are one of "those".

"The mind is a terrible thang. And it must be stopped in our lifetime." - Bob Nelson

Comment

Best Stand Up routine, EVER......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I_7tIBk_DfQ

Comment

Well they should regardless. Because when I think of Utah, Jazz and the Civil War south pops right into my head.

Comment

So, where does their football program end up. From earlier articles it was stated that the WAC would have to find a place for their football before Dixie State would make such a move. I believe it is the scenario that played out with Tarleton State. Two questions: 1. Is the WAC going to finally start sponsoring FCS? 2. Is Dixie State going to drop football?

I know the WAC just hired away a Big Sky asst Commissioner to aid Hurd and my thinking at the time was this guy going to start moving WAC back toward football. There is a lot of undercurrent going on to preserve the WAC.
                  Possibly indie. If the WAC goes FCS, who else do they get?

Comment

Possibly indie. If the WAC goes FCS, who else do they get?
                    FCS Independent.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46464699...tic-conference
                    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

From what I hear the WAC is actively pursuing schools from the Big Sky as well as Cal Poly & Cal Davis along with any D2 School who wants to join. There is a sense of urgency to get this up and running before the conference collapses. I'm convinced it was the sole purpose in hiring Big Sky asst Commissioner. Tarleton State and Dixie State are the only D2 Football schools that have interest from what I'm being told. Interestingly enough N Colorado is very interested which is perplexing. Davis and Cal Poly would be football only. Haven't heard anything out of UTRGV football since study was released. I would think WT with the new stadium being built would also want to take a closer look at this if it actually starts coming to fruition.

Comment

From what I hear the WAC is actively pursuing schools from the Big Sky as well as Cal Poly & Cal Davis along with any D2 School who wants to join. There is a sense of urgency to get this up and running before the conference collapses. I'm convinced it was the sole purpose in hiring Big Sky asst Commissioner. Tarleton State and Dixie State are the only D2 Football schools that have interest from what I'm being told. Interestingly enough N Colorado is very interested which is perplexing. Davis and Cal Poly would be football only. Haven't heard anything out of UTRGV football since study was released. I would think WT with the new stadium being built would also want to take a closer look at this if it actually starts coming to fruition.
                        Why leave the relative stability of the BSC for a conference perpetually on life support?

Comment

Why leave the relative stability of the BSC for a conference perpetually on life support?
                          And paying 1.7 million dollars to part of that life support?

Comment

My thoughts exactly. But, I know the program has not done well since they left D2 and funding is getting harder for them. Maybe join a weak conference and get some wins and maybe conference championships to re engergize the base. Who really knows? Maybe they are thinking football only also.

Comment

Dixie State is in the area of the Dixie National Forest in Southwest Utah. I always wondered where the name came from until I was driving through that area last month.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
                                Dixie State is in the area of the Dixie National Forest in Southwest Utah. I always wondered where the name came from until I was driving through that area last month.

Southern Belles and a bunch of Good ole Boys with Confederate Flags on their pickups?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X