X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Off Season & OT Thread.....everything else

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
    https://apple.news/AU2by-gvpQsytTZPp7ElUYw

Appears Beard will be in Lubbock for a few more years.
    Yeah. They stepped up big time. I hope they also rewarded Mark Adams, the defensive guru, brains, and taskmaster behind the Tech defense. Former WT HC, Juco NC winner at Howard, and a fine person. Mark deserves tremendous credit for Beard's success at Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      Yeah. They stepped up big time. I hope they also rewarded Mark Adams, the defensive guru, brains, and taskmaster behind the Tech defense. Former WT HC, Juco NC winner at Howard, and a fine person. Mark deserves tremendous credit for Beard's success at Tech.
      Apparently winning helps in recruiting, I read where they have one of the top recruiting classes in the nation. I don't keep up with basketball so I am not well informed about the staff. I'm sure with all that coin Beard can help spread the love around.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
        Apparently winning helps in recruiting, I read where they have one of the top recruiting classes in the nation. I don't keep up with basketball so I am not well informed about the staff. I'm sure with all that coin Beard can help spread the love around.
        Yeah they have pretty dang good class for this next year. Three 4 star players and a couple 3 star players. Two of the 4 star kids are top 100 recruits

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
          Yeah they have pretty dang good class for this next year. Three 4 star players and a couple 3 star players. Two of the 4 star kids are top 100 recruits
          The article said Beard had one scholarship left and there is a 4 star player in Garland outside of Dallas that has interest. It would make a solid recruiting class even better. Looks like he is solidifying his program. Now, I hope that winning can start to rub off on the football program which is in desperate need of attention. KK left a mess for the new HC to try to rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
            BEARD deserves TREMENDOUS credit for turning an ENTIRE program.

EVERYONE on the team gets credit, but THE MAN at the TOP gets the REAL credit when they do what BEARD has done with this program.

If they were in dead last, would anyone be calling for Adams' head? Would he be standing at the mic taking the sh!t?? OH H3LL NO!!!

Adams is a good assistant to Beard, no doubt.

ATTABOY BEARD! (former ASU HC). ;)

Comment

[QUOTE=Techster88;2379001]The article said Beard had one scholarship left and there is a 4 star player in Garland outside of Dallas that has interest. It would make a solid recruiting class even better. Looks like he is solidifying his program. Now, I hope that winning can start to rub off on the football program which is in desperate need of attention. KK left a mess for the new HC to try to rebuild.[/QUOTE

I liked KK more than you but I do agree he left some work to be done with the last 2 recruiting cycles

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                BEARD deserves TREMENDOUS credit for turning an ENTIRE program.

EVERYONE on the team gets credit, but THE MAN at the TOP gets the REAL credit when they do what BEARD has done with this program.

If they were in dead last, would anyone be calling for Adams' head? Would he be standing at the mic taking the sh!t?? OH H3LL NO!!!

Adams is a good assistant to Beard, no doubt.

ATTABOY BEARD! (former ASU HC). ;)
                How long was he at ASU? I always read about a D3 job and Ark Little Rock but never really see much about the ASU job.

Comment

2 years. Led Angelo to the Sweet 16 in his 2nd year. Lost to Tarleton in the Regional Finals in Stephenville, then left right after that for the Arkansas Little Rock job.

Comment

How long was he at ASU? I always read about a D3 job and Ark Little Rock but never really see much about the ASU job.
                    That's because you are a Buffoon and reading is your second language. ;)

Comment

2 years and finished with a 47-15 record, nearly unbeatable in San Angelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
                        2 years and finished with a 47-15 record, nearly unbeatable in San Angelo.
                        Yep, I believe 1 or 2 losses at home in his tenure.

Comment

Beard is a winner no doubt. Last night I read where a 2020 5 star recruit from Little Elm had reclassified to 2019 and replaced Duke with Tech in his top 4. Beard has completely changed the landscape and is getting players many said would never go to Lubbock. I personally enjoy watching it unfold as I grew up in the panhandle and my dad grew up in Lubbock. It's a bit offensive what some say about Lubbock and the panhandle in general

Comment

Beard is a winner no doubt. Last night I read where a 2020 5 star recruit from Little Elm had reclassified to 2019 and replaced Duke with Tech in his top 4. Beard has completely changed the landscape and is getting players many said would never go to Lubbock. I personally enjoy watching it unfold as I grew up in the panhandle and my dad grew up in Lubbock. It's a bit offensive what some say about Lubbock and the panhandle in general
                            But is it true?! HAHAHA
                            The issue I could see Beard running into, is if he starts getting these 5 star dudes can he conform their way of thinking from a me first attitude to a team first attitude. I know not all 5 stars are me first guys, but the majority are.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                              But is it true?! HAHAHA
                              The issue I could see Beard running into, is if he starts getting these 5 star dudes can he conform their way of thinking from a me first attitude to a team first attitude. I know not all 5 stars are me first guys, but the majority are.
                              In my opinion, no it's not completely true. Maybe I'm jaded.

I see your point with Beard and 5 star recruits but I'd have to think he would be very up front with them during recruiting and know they need to buy in to his system

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                                Yep, I believe 1 or 2 losses at home in his tenure.
                                When I saw the home record I had to look twice.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X