X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Off Season & OT Thread.....everything else

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    I don't think he'll be on the team
    Also the school could receive some type of disciplinary action from the NCAA for lack of control of its players.

Comment

Originally posted by North Ala Screwdriver View Post
      Also the school could receive some type of disciplinary action from the NCAA for lack of control of its players.
      Very true.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
        I agree! That crap is only allowed in Stephenville!
        Yep, steer wrestling gets you into shape to throw people around!

Basketbrawl is the correct terminology for this.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
          I agree! That crap is only allowed in Stephenville!
          See I just assumed when they said brawl during a basketball game that it involved that group at UTPB...

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
            See I just assumed when they said brawl during a basketball game that it involved that group at UTPB...
            LOL very true....

Comment

Wow!!! TWU @ ENMU WBB game was close.

ENMU pulled it out 79-78

WT has TWU in two days.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                Wow!!! TWU @ ENMU WBB game was close.

ENMU pulled it out 79-78

WT has TWU in two days.
                IMHO Enmu simply overlooked TWU. Took a win for granted. You just can't do that in the LSC.
                Wt did that with Kingsville, looking ahead to ASU.
                Should be a good game, Wt played well at ENMU.

Comment

Just spoke with a few HS coaches today, and during the conversation they brought up DII recruiting. I heard some schools are making lots of offers to lots of players with the intention of only signing a few. Some players are rurning away from these schools because of the late numbers. I guess they are more concerned with playing-time or not being able to prove themselves because of high # of players.

These coaches are steering players to the schools that NEED them and away from the "mill recruiting". Coaches said that some young recruiters are being laughed at by the coaches because they are so green and full of sh!t on what they are saying. Apparently it's the worst these coaches have seen in many years.

Also told 2 schools are absolutely killing it and getting top recruits.....and 2 are getting higher #'s but far less talented players.

We shall soon find out in 12 days!!!!

Comment

Also, I think some lucky recruits are going to wind up maybe playing as true freshman at ASU......and making an impact!! Maybe another FOY winner (freshman of the year).

Some good opportunities to be had at Angelo for these players.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
                      The Commerce kid who throws the official to the ground should have played his last college game! No excuses.
                      I spoke with some student-athletes aware of the situation with the Commerce kid... Apparently, he's facing an eight-game suspension. I agree: That should've been his LAST collegiate game!

Comment

Originally posted by TarletonStateTexan View Post
                        I spoke with some student-athletes aware of the situation with the Commerce kid... Apparently, he's facing an eight-game suspension. I agree: That should've been his LAST collegiate game!
                        Maybe our toothless LSC can amend that silly suspension which would allow him to play in the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post
                          Maybe our toothless LSC can amend that silly suspension which would allow him to play in the tournament.
                          Who is serving as LSC commish??

And why don't we have a permanent commish??

Comment

Originally posted by WTAMU1975 View Post
                            Who is serving as LSC commish??

And why don't we have a permanent commish??
                            We've had Jay Poerner as commissioner since July 2014 & assistant before that. Been with LSC since about 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post
                              We've had Jay Poerner as commissioner since July 2014 & assistant before that. Been with LSC since about 2005.
                              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                                Just spoke with a few HS coaches today, and during the conversation they brought up DII recruiting. I heard some schools are making lots of offers to lots of players with the intention of only signing a few. Some players are rurning away from these schools because of the late numbers. I guess they are more concerned with playing-time or not being able to prove themselves because of high # of players.

These coaches are steering players to the schools that NEED them and away from the "mill recruiting". Coaches said that some young recruiters are being laughed at by the coaches because they are so green and full of sh!t on what they are saying. Apparently it's the worst these coaches have seen in many years.

Also told 2 schools are absolutely killing it and getting top recruits.....and 2 are getting higher #'s but far less talented players.

We shall soon find out in 12 days!!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X