Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

This selfish entitled attitude that we see now is pretty telling, I'm shocked it is coming from many who are religious. I would think the whiny liberals would be the ones complaining that they can't go out to eat or get their hair did. You can frost your tips later don't worry. If the lord has already appointed a time for your death I assume you don't go to the doctor, wear your seat belt, or drive the speed limit right? I mean, what's it matter at that point?

What rights are currently taken away from you? Did soldiers die for the right for you to get a haircut, I must've missed that one. Your whining is a joke and the fact that you try to justify it via the sacrificed lives of others even more so. Your decisions impact more than yourself.
    Had no idea you were so naive. But history has proven there are many like you over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post

Nice try. Except the mortality rate for COVID 19 is about 2 out of 1000. And I do like those odds compared to losing my rights and livelihood.
      You are like a 3rd grade student trying to argue addition and subtraction with a University Algebra Professor. It's USELESS.

Keep following the Yellow Brick Road, you'll find Oz soon. 707070707070707

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
        Oh boy....
        Hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Had no idea you were so naive. But history has proven there are many like you over and over again.
          You know I really like you and enjoy your posts greatly, but Turbo made some very valid points.

I SERVED this country, as many others did, and it wasn't so Techster could go to Tito's Taco Palace on a Tuesday night during a world Pandemic. 707.

Over 100,000 AMERICANS (men, women, AND children) lost their lives in the past few months, NEEDLESSLY. That's just about twice the the number of lost AMERICAN lives in Vietnam.

I am NOT ok with that.

Hence why I am out of the office and back on the front lines. Fighting this WAR.

If I have to sacrifice to save just ONE precious LIFE, then I WILL sacrifice. The rest of you can carry on.

GOD bless and stay safe my friend.
          Last edited by ASUPops; 05-28-2020, 01:49 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

We had a patient, 32 years old, who just two weeks ago said the EXACT same thing. He passed away last Monday. GOD rest his soul.

Some people LOVE Russian Roulette.....5 players will be absolutely fine. 1 will not. Pretty good odds. Wanna play??

And FYI, Doctors are NOT running this country by any stretch of the imagination. Attorneys & Politicians (usually one in the same) run this country. If Doctors ran this country, SARS CoV2 would not be the issue it has become.

Enjoy your "games". Lol.

Sick people are in hospitals. It's not surprising that there was a 32 year old patient in the hospital who died of COVID. But if you look at overall Texas COVID stats (I assume that you live in TX), the odds of anyone under the age of 49 dying of COVID, if they catch it, are about 1 out of 2,250. That is running roughly the same here in Arkansas. That is hardly Russian Roulette. Now if the state of Texas is misreporting their figures, that's another subject altogether. Since you apparently work in a hospital, you are seeing those "1 out of 2250s" come in. You also have oncology floor with people dying of 1 out of 100,000 rare cancer types, people dying of ALS, and a host of other dread diseases.

No one is minimizing 100,000 lost lives. COVID is real, highly contagious, and can be lethal. Except it almost always isn't. I appreciate folks like you who are trying to save lives, regardless of the ailment.
            Last edited by Herb Street; 05-28-2020, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

Sick people are in hospitals. It's not surprising that there was a 32 year old patient in the hospital who died of COVID. But if you look at overall Texas COVID stats (I assume that you live in TX), the odds of anyone under the age of 49 dying of COVID, if they catch it, are about 1 out of 2,250. That is running roughly the same here in Arkansas. That is hardly Russian Roulette. Now if the state of Texas is misreporting their figures, that's another subject altogether. Since you apparently work in a hospital, you are seeing those "1 out of 2250s" come in. You also have oncology floor with people dying of 1 out of 100,000 rare cancer types, people dying of ALS, and a host of other dread diseases.

No one is minimizing 100,000 lost lives. COVID is real, highly contagious, and can be lethal. Except it almost always isn't. I appreciate folks like you who are trying to save lives, regardless of the ailment.
              I see MANY more than 1 in 2250 (your #'s are inaccurate)....but I get your point.

its not just the immediate deaths.....its the long term effect of the disease....which we are just touching the tip of the iceberg on. Liver disease, kidney disease, lung disease, neurological disease, GI disease, various cancers, etc....will all be apart of just HAVING the SARS CoV2 virus. EVEN asymptomatic 20 year olds may face a lifetime of or life ending disease simply because they were infected.

Another reason is QUALITY of life can forever be changed like for my 28 year old associate who will not die from COVID 19 but just lost a leg.

The problem is while many of those ignorant in society act like this is really not that big of a deal.....MILLIONS of lives will forever be changed, and WHY?????

IGNORANT ENTITLEMENT!

I just dont buy into people unwilling to sacrifice for their neighbor. I don't buy into everyone is special and deserves a trophy/reward or gets to do what they WANT when they WANT regardless of the price OTHERS have to pay. I just don't buy into the ENTITLED, t!tty sucking BABIES in this country (and others).

Unfortunately, some have to FIGHT the WARS, while others AVOID it and reap the benefits.

GOD BLESS THE BRAVE PEOPLE WHO ARE WILLING TO FIGHT!!!!!

Comment

I see MANY more than 1 in 2250 (your #'s are inaccurate)....but I get your point.

its not just the immediate deaths.....its the long term effect of the disease....which we are just touching the tip of the iceberg on. Liver disease, kidney disease, lung disease, neurological disease, GI disease, various cancers, etc....will all be apart of just HAVING the SARS CoV2 virus. EVEN asymptomatic 20 year olds may face a lifetime of or life ending disease simply because they were infected.

Another reason is QUALITY of life can forever be changed like for my 28 year old associate who will not die from COVID 19 but just lost a leg.

The problem is while many of those ignorant in society act like this is really not that big of a deal.....MILLIONS of lives will forever be changed, and WHY?????

IGNORANT ENTITLEMENT!

I just dont buy into people unwilling to sacrifice for their neighbor. I don't buy into everyone is special and deserves a trophy/reward or gets to do what they WANT when they WANT regardless of the price OTHERS have to pay. I just don't buy into the ENTITLED, t!tty sucking BABIES in this country (and others).

Unfortunately, some have to FIGHT the WARS, while others AVOID it and reap the benefits.

Last edited by Herb Street; 05-28-2020, 08:29 PM.

Comment

so I looked at your state's most recent COVID stats. Looks like you've got 11,163 cases for folks 49 and under. 43 deaths. That is 4/10ths of 1 percent fatality rate. I guess I'm missing the Russian Roulette analogy.
                  Last edited by Herb Street; 05-28-2020, 08:46 PM.

Comment

so what can I do to defeat COVID?
                    FOLLOW THE RECOMMENDED BEHAVIOR!

NOW is all makes sense. "Telecom schlub".....enough said.

Comment

so I looked at your state's most recent COVID stats. Looks like you've got 11,163 cases for folks 49 and under. 43 deaths. That is 4/10ths of 1 percent fatality rate. I guess I'm missing the Russian Roulette analogy.
                      Your numbers are extremely inaccurate. Probably got them off he internet orca "public" site.

Carrying on "normal like we don't have a deadly virus running rampant is akin to playing russian roulette.

For a response to any further posts on this subject or any other questions, comments, gas passing......REFER TO THIS PREVIOUS POST:

IGNORANT ENTITLEMENT!

Comment

Your numbers are extremely inaccurate. Probably got them off he internet orca "public" site.

Carrying on "normal like we don't have a deadly virus running rampant is akin to playing russian roulette.

For a response to any further posts on this subject or any other questions, comments, gas passing......REFER TO THIS PREVIOUS POST:

IGNORANT ENTITLEMENT!

Comment

YES....lol. Of course we do!!!! It's not a "public" website.

60,790 CONFIRMED cases and 1,623 CONFIRMED deaths as of 22:52 (EST) on 5/28/20. 2.67% death rate.

So, if EVERY American was infected with COVID-19, @ a 2.67% death rate, we would have 8,762,940 AMERICANS dead. 21 TIMES the US death total of WWII.

I AM NOT OK WITH THIS.

(Rates would be higher IF Texas counted its cases in the same manner as NY or NJ.)

*FYI - As of 23:30 (EST) on 5/28/20 the reported US death rate is 5.84%.
                          Last edited by ASUPops; 05-28-2020, 10:17 PM.

Comment

You know I really like you and enjoy your posts greatly, but Turbo made some very valid points.

I SERVED this country, as many others did, and it wasn't so Techster could go to Tito's Taco Palace on a Tuesday night during a world Pandemic. 707.

Over 100,000 AMERICANS (men, women, AND children) lost their lives in the past few months, NEEDLESSLY. That's just about twice the the number of lost AMERICAN lives in Vietnam.

I am NOT ok with that.

Hence why I am out of the office and back on the front lines. Fighting this WAR.

If I have to sacrifice to save just ONE precious LIFE, then I WILL sacrifice. The rest of you can carry on.

GOD bless and stay safe my friend.

Comment

I agree with just about everything you said. IF people were mindful and followed the Phase reopening rules (6 ft SOCIAL distancing, wearing masks, etc...., washing hands.....JUST COMMON FREAKING SENSE) then I am "go, go, go". I mean if people followed the rules, pretty much everything could reopen.

But, yesterday Texas confirmed 1,669 NEW cases....more than New York. Our numbers have jumped since we began reopening because people won't follow the rules Dallas is now a hotspot.

The mentality of our society is baffling to me.

Comment

I agree with just about everything you said. IF people were mindful and followed the Phase reopening rules (6 ft SOCIAL distancing, wearing masks, etc...., washing hands.....JUST COMMON FREAKING SENSE) then I am "go, go, go". I mean if people followed the rules, pretty much everything could reopen.

But, yesterday Texas confirmed 1,669 NEW cases....more than New York. Our numbers have jumped since we began reopening because people won't follow the rules Dallas is now a hotspot.

The mentality of our society is baffling to me.
                                I bought groceries last night, while wearing my mask. Only about 50% of the people in there were wearing masks. Families were in there letting their kids run up and down the aisles, touching everything. All the employees but one were wearing their mask properly. While waiting on deli meat, a guy approached me, maskless with a toddler and asked me how much prosciutto I was buying - from about a foot.

At Walgreens earlier, one of the 2 employees was wearing her mask on her chin, which is absurd. Most customers were maskless.

I would like this to be over as much as anyone, but just hoping it will be won't cut it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X