Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm. So is WT having second thoughts about jumping to D1 or is there a possible future invite to the WAC or possibly the Southland to replace the departing teams?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Well MSNBC sports is reporting the following BIG 12 expansion:

Big 12 West: Texas Tech, West Texas A&M, Angelo State, Midwestern State, Kansas, UT-Permian Basin, ACU, UTEP, New Mexico State, New Mexico.
      Big 12 East: Baylor, Texas, TCU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Lamar, UTSA, Commerce, Tarleton, Houston.
      I don't think MSNBC is a credible source for sports - or news. Tech and WT in the same conference? Maybe in another 30 years.

How long do you (all) think it would take for WT to get a winning record in D1? 2 of our 3 wins this year were against OPSU and North American. Last year we lost to Commerce, Angelo, and Tarleton in D2. Tarleton was ready for the move, are we?

Comment

If and its just an if not even a big if anymore..... if these 4 Southland schools leave for the Western Athletic Conference what will be left of the Southland Conference? A bunch of broke Louisiana schools and some lightweight D1 want to bees. No offense Islander. I hear Central Arkansas isn't staying either. Tarleton move up sure has created a lot of uncertainty which we all knew would in the LSC but we had no idea about the Southland. I have to laugh to think the Southland SNUB of Tarleton opened the door for the WAC to come to Texas and potentially wreck their conference. I have officially renamed the WAC Rasputin. They just refuse to die. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
          I have officially renamed the WAC Rasputin. They just refuse to die. Lol

Comment

No one wanted to believe me over a year ago... I hope WT joins... it would be a great rival with Tarleton, ACU, and I believe there was an old rivalry with NMSU back in the past D1 era.

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
              No one wanted to believe me over a year ago... I hope WT joins... it would be a great rival with Tarleton, ACU, and I believe there was an old rivalry with NMSU back in the past D1 era.
              You do realize its hard to trust anyone with RAT as their name. But if it comes to fruition then yes you were spot on.

Comment

You do realize its hard to trust anyone with RAT as their name. But if it comes to fruition then yes you were spot on.
                Touche

Comment

WAC looking for one more football school. Needs to be D1 (FCS) now for automatic football bid. Basketball is the driving force of the expansion creating a solid Mid Major with NMSU SFA Grand Canyon California Baptist .Tarleton and ACU commiting to basketball at a higher level. That is why UIW and HBU are not on the WAC bus. Not doubt that WT is a target for now or later. This has been in the works since Tarleton decided to go D1. They did not do this in a vacum. Commerce is quite and they may be a SLC target if the SLC survives. They are D1 ready now and part of the A@M System so don't rule out future WAC. If Kingsville and Corpus merge then they go too. Just another shake up and it is going to happen to the big boys when TV contracts gets renegotiated and if Power 5 school become Power 7 and leave NCAA oversight for football as the Knight Commission recomended then the basketball scramble for Mid Major credibility becomes first commitment and football secondary for the FCS schools.

Comment

Uca is gone. According to my source. To a very surprising place but been speculated before. The early football play apperantly helped thier image
                    Last edited by the Northeasterner; 12-09-2020, 06:20 PM.

Comment

My alma mater San Jose State was a WAC member before they joined the Mountain West Conference. I used to love WAC football because most of the teams were offense oriented and they scored a lot of points. I'll take a high scoring game over a defensive struggle any day. I hope the WAC brings back football.

Last edited by crixus; 12-09-2020, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Who is the LSC gonna get if these schools jump ship to the WAC. Just a couple of years ago you were crying of the LSC being finished. Now you just willing to let it happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
                          Who is the LSC gonna get if these schools jump ship to the WAC. Just a couple of years ago you were crying of the LSC being finished. Now you just willing to let it happen?
                          I guess since one else has jumped in to help you out I will enlighten you. These are Southland Conference Schools SLC not LSC which is the Lone Star Conference. Remember the Heartland and LSC merged so the LSC has plenty of schools. Only Tarleton has left the LSC. To your point it would be nice if the LSC could find a couple of more football playing schools.

Comment

I guess since one else has jumped in to help you out I will enlighten you. These are Southland Conference Schools SLC not LSC which is the Lone Star Conference. Remember the Heartland and LSC merged so the LSC has plenty of schools. Only Tarleton has left the LSC. To your point it would be nice if the LSC could find a couple of more football playing schools.
                            The LSC doesn't have plenty of schools in the most important sport of all. It's definitely a concerning issue that could come if any schools leave with football. The rest of the sports were only added to ease scheduling and travel costs for the other sports.

Make no mistake, if this thing doesn't have enough football schools to play, nothing else matters.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

The LSC doesn't have plenty of schools in the most important sport of all. It's definitely a concerning issue that could come if any schools leave with football. The rest of the sports were only added to ease scheduling and travel costs for the other sports.

Make no mistake, if this thing doesn't have enough football schools to play, nothing else matters.
                              My hope is we can find more football schools and have a football-only conference. Play everything left as the LSC.
                              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X