Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ot - asu wbb

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    In my mind, the NCAA should have never allowed LCU to host to begin with because of them already hosting the NJCAA D1 National Tournament.
    Agreed. A neutral site would have been appropriate, especially under the circumstances.

The problem was no one thought ASU was going to beat WT. Doing so threw a wrench into the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
      Yes, with 3 Red-Shirt Sr. No physical or educational reason. Just wanted to get a year older, bigger and stronger.
      They wanted to make a run the first year in D2 and where successful. I do not like taking a Red-Shirt for that reason.
      The LSC is stronger now - LCU will need to have better athletes to withstand the grind of the LSC.
      You still think LCU's recruits aren't good enough to compete in the LSC? Just won their second National Championship.

Comment

I have watched them play. There a several teams in the Lone stare that have better athletes.
        LCU is just very disciplined. A lot like watching the Canyon Eagles play in High school. They just don't make mistakes.

I do think the harder LSC schedule and the tougher play of the LSC will wear on them, unlike the cream-puff they play now.
        Don't think they win the regular season or tournament. We'll see.
        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Based on media reports, Renea Shippy has resigned and assistant coach Nate Harris has been named the new head coach. Presser today at 2:30

Comment

https://angelosports.com/news/2019/4...asketball.aspx

Comment

New job? surely not fired?
              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                New job? surely not fired?
                Nope definitely not fired. Rumblings of a family situation that needs more attention.

Comment

I heard they had a team meeting last night and she told them she was going back to home (Missouri) to be near family. Would coach HS.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                    Nope definitely not fired. Rumblings of a family situation that needs more attention.
                    This

Comment

So, the new guy going to be ok???
                      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                        So, the new guy going to be ok???
                        Have no real clue. Has a decent background, was spoken very highly of by Coach Shippy. It will be a wait and see.
                        I know we don't want to rock the boat and ASU women's basketball hasn't ever been in a better situation year in and year out that it is currently enjoying, but I really wish our administration would at least look outside occasionally when we hire coaches. Not saying you have to hire them, but it would be nice to see who might be interested in our openings.

Comment

Have no real clue. Has a decent background, was spoken very highly of by Coach Shippy. It will be a wait and see.
                          I know we don't want to rock the boat and ASU women's basketball hasn't ever been in a better situation year in and year out that it is currently enjoying, but I really wish our administration would at least look outside occasionally when we hire coaches. Not saying you have to hire them, but it would be nice to see who might be interested in our openings.
                          I heard from someone wired in, that around the league, Davis was he was thought of as a good hire when Shippy hired him.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                            I heard from someone wired in, that around the league, Davis Harris?was he was thought of as a good hire when Shippy hired him.
                            The players really seem to like him. He has a focus on defense everywhere he has been. It will all come down to, if he can continue to streak of recruiting that we have been on with immediate high impact transfers. Will also be interesting to see if he puts any emphasis on high school players.

Comment

The players really seem to like him. He has a focus on defense everywhere he has been. It will all come down to, if he can continue to streak of recruiting that we have been on with immediate high impact transfers. Will also be interesting to see if he puts any emphasis on high school players.
                              Yes. For some reason I had Nate "Davis" on the brain.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X