Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ot - asu wbb

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    I don't know how you replace those Srs. JUCOs? More transfers like Big Dee?
    I hope Dee can get back to her sophomore season form, that would be a huge help for next year's team.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
      I hope Dee can get back to her sophomore season form, that would be a huge help for next year's team.
      I pray she can.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
        They will need to change the type of player they recruit to stay competitive. They need to be more athletic than in the past.
        You do realize they won the National Championship just a couple years ago right?

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
          You do realize they won the National Championship just a couple years ago right?
          Yes, with 3 Red-Shirt Sr. No physical or educational reason. Just wanted to get a year older, bigger and stronger.
          They wanted to make a run the first year in D2 and where successful. I do not like taking a Red-Shirt for that reason.
          The LSC is stronger now - LCU will need to have better athletes to withstand the grind of the LSC.
          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
            I pray she can.
            I hope so too. Wt still has not heard if Parker will take a medical Red-Shirt. If she does it will be a good match.

Comment

Yes, with 3 Red-Shirt Sr. No physical or educational reason. Just wanted to get a year older, bigger and stronger.
              They wanted to make a run the first year in D2 and where successful. I do not like taking a Red-Shirt for that reason.
              The LSC is stronger now - LCU will need to have better athletes to withstand the grind of the LSC.
              They would have won it the year before as well but were ineligible for the playoffs, hence why the girls sat out a year. Your point was those types of athletes would not be successful. They obviously would have been.
              Last edited by WT_ALUM08; 03-20-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

They have a great coach, been there as long as I can remember. I have a sister-in-law that played there.
                They will need to change the type of player they recruit to stay competitive. They need to be more athletic than in the past.
                I would be surprised to see them playing in the tournament finals, too many other good teams.
                Not that I know anything about W Basketball, so you could talk circles around me as far as knowledge of the players teams and current state of the game. IF my memory serves me correctly I believe they ( LCU W Basketball ) just won a NC recently. So, my thinking is the recruiting is in great shape there. Seems they have had little trouble getting past LSC teams in the present and not so long ago past either. May want to rethink on how your team can get past them at this point.

Comment

I hope so too. Wt still has not heard if Parker will take a medical Red-Shirt. If she does it will be a good match.
                  I heard Parker's decided to return next year. That is really good news. You can't turn a 6'1 post into a 6'5 post. Ha! She can drain it from 15 feet. Parker at the high post and Spurgin on the blocks, Hightower, Gamble, and Nix at guard, Dollar (or whatever new post Mattio brings in) is a group you can go to war with. I'm also betting (from what I know) that a freshman guard will be coming in that is ready for prime time the minute she steps on the floor. We didn't have the high/low post game this year without Parker. Makes the offense much more flexible and efficient. Options.

Comment

They would have won it the year before as well but were ineligible for the playoffs, hence why the girls sat out a year. Your point was those types of athletes would not be successful. They obviously would have been.
                    Not only this, but I believe they lose 2 players from this year's team, I'm going to guess that Coach Gomez has them ready to go again next year. That being said, I don't think they go through the regular season with as much success next year as they have the previous years.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                      Not only this, but I believe they lose 2 players from this year's team, I'm going to guess that Coach Gomez has them ready to go again next year. That being said, I don't think they go through the regular season with as much success next year as they have the previous years.
                      Honestly if you are skating through your season its easy to keep key players healthy and rested come playoff time. High stakes games against quality opponents wears on you. Home court advantage in basketball is huge.

I like the LSC tournament at a neutral site and think the regional tournaments should be held the same way.
                      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                        Honestly if you are skating through your season its easy to keep key players healthy and rested come playoff time. High stakes games against quality opponents wears on you. Home court advantage in basketball is huge.

I like the LSC tournament at a neutral site and think the regional tournaments should be held the same way.
                        I couldn't agree more, what did ASU get for knocking off the #1 seed in the region? Getting to play against LCU at HOME who hadn't lost in 65 straight chances...I know I know, if you want to play at home, win more games blah blah blah

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                          I heard Parker's decided to return next year. That is really good news. You can't turn a 6'1 post into a 6'5 post. Ha! She can drain it from 15 feet. Parker at the high post and Spurgin on the blocks, Hightower, Gamble, and Nix at guard, Dollar (or whatever new post Mattio brings in) is a group you can go to war with. I'm also betting (from what I know) that a freshman guard will be coming in that is ready for prime time the minute she steps on the floor. We didn't have the high/low post game this year without Parker. Makes the offense much more flexible and efficient. Options.
                          Good to hear, with Parker at 6' 5" in the middle and Abby off the bench they will be fun to watch. I'm thinking Dollar starts at the 4 spot, she will be special IMHO.
                          We never had Parker & Taylor or the floor together last year. If Dollar can add a pull-up jumper, like Hightower, she will be hard to stop at a high post. This is going to be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

As I have said -- seeding should be national, not regional.

Comment

I think its because LCU is currently hosting the NJCAA Girls National Tournament. Started Monday I believe...
                              I guess the NCAA is happy to let the D2 playoffs play second fiddle to NJCAA D2 playoff.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                                I guess the NCAA is happy to let the D2 playoffs play second fiddle to NJCAA D2 playoff.
                                In my mind, the NCAA should have never allowed LCU to host to begin with because of them already hosting the NJCAA D1 National Tournament.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X