Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: News Paper

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
    I mean, you don't need to be a genius to know your rights.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

I fail to see how this is being violated in your example.
    Yawning, thanks for boring me to tears with legalisms.

Comment

All "news" & "media" outlets are a faucking joke. Political propaganda mills at BEST. Social media, i.e. Twitter, Facebook, et. al are playgrounds for simpletons, and others who are not LIVING life and have too much time to fauck off. Get a d@mn life already. 707

As far as "freedom of speech".....you CAN NOT say "whatever" you want. Not sure who invented that falsism.

Don't believe me, exercise that "right" by telling a LEO that you want to blow up a federal building. Then you will see how much freedom you have. 707.

Well.....let me correct that....you CAN say whatever you want IF you are willing to face the consequences.

As the old saying goes "Don't let your alligator mouth overload your hummingbird a$$"

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
        As far as "freedom of speech".....you CAN NOT say "whatever" you want. Not sure who invented that falsism.
        What ever...

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
          What ever...
          Can you tell a cop "I'm gonna blow your f*cking head off"?

Can you tell a cop " I am higher than h3ll on PCP"?

The answer.....YES. But what will happen to you?

If a Judge tells you in court "be quiet or you are in contempt of court", and you open your mouth, you are in contempt and will face a punishment.

The point: true FREEDOM of speech would have NO CONSEQUENCES for your speech.

Therefore, Freedom of Speech IS a falsism.

Comment

If a Judge tells you in court "be quiet or you are in contempt of court", and you open your mouth, you are in contempt and will face a punishment.

Last edited by Techster88; 04-23-2019, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Calm down good buddy. I was making a play on words. Maybe I should have added an LMFAO to help you understand.

I agree with you. Now relax by looking at some softball stats.

Comment

Newspapers & magazines been on the decline for 20 years. I.e. ever since the internet gained widespread use.

Used to work in the business myself...the business/distribution side not the journalism side. I got out just before the internet killed it.

It's an outdated business model from 100 years ago when papers could travel hundreds of miles overnight and there wasn't a more concise form of information with that kind of reach.

They don't depend on subscriber money. They've got to sell ads, and in order to sell ads they've got to show that people are reading their product, and increasingly, people aren't.

So they shrink, and shrink their staff to the point one or two writers have to cover what used to be the responsibilities of 6 or 7. And those holdovers are usually the ones making $28,000 and right out of Tyler Junior College with no travel budget. And then they wonder why people aren't reading their product.

I believe the future of newspapers, if there is to be one, will be in some combination of crowdfunding and/or non-profit organizations. But for that to happen there will have to be a reckoning of both the political activist culture that journalists have welcomed in, and the academic centers that breed it.

Comment

Or media outlets, or idiots on social media.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                    Calm down good buddy. I was making a play on words. Maybe I should have added an LMFAO to help you understand.

I agree with you. Now relax by looking at some softball stats.
                    Hahaha.....my bad brother. I missed that.

This is why I should not get on D2 during work.

Heck with softball stats, I am going straight to Ivy League Rowing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
                      Newspapers & magazines been on the decline for 20 years. I.e. ever since the internet gained widespread use.

Used to work in the business myself...the business/distribution side not the journalism side. I got out just before the internet killed it.

It's an outdated business model from 100 years ago when papers could travel hundreds of miles overnight and there wasn't a more concise form of information with that kind of reach.

They don't depend on subscriber money. They've got to sell ads, and in order to sell ads they've got to show that people are reading their product, and increasingly, people aren't.

So they shrink, and shrink their staff to the point one or two writers have to cover what used to be the responsibilities of 6 or 7. And those holdovers are usually the ones making $28,000 and right out of Tyler Junior College with no travel budget. And then they wonder why people aren't reading their product.

I believe the future of newspapers, if there is to be one, will be in some combination of crowdfunding and/or non-profit organizations. But for that to happen there will have to be a reckoning of both the political activist culture that journalists have welcomed in, and the academic centers that breed it.
                      Great post.

Comment

Hahaha.....my bad brother. I missed that.

This is why I should not get on D2 during work.

Heck with softball stats, I am going straight to Ivy League Rowing!!!
                        What do you think about the roster depth at USC for Crew?

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

Very good post. You have to wonder how much Ad money alone newspapers have lost from Auto Dealers. I think they were one of the last legs of the stool which kept some papers going.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyBeerManTX View Post
                            What do you think about the roster depth at USC for Crew?
                            Men's or Women's?

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                              Very good post. You have to wonder how much Ad money alone newspapers have lost from Auto Dealers. I think they were one of the last legs of the stool which kept some papers going.
                              All I know is I MISS old school newspapers.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                                I think he was implying spirit rather than rule of law.
                                He asked to be educated. Many seem to think freedom of speech means that you can say whatever you want without repercussions.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X