Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to expect in Portales?

Heading down for the season opener between CWU and Eastern New Mexico later this week. Anything I should know about the city and the school? Any hints on where to find some good local food and beverage? Thanks!

Originally posted by Wildcat94 View Post
    Heading down for the season opener between CWU and Eastern New Mexico later this week. Anything I should know about the city and the school? Any hints on where to find some good local food and beverage? Thanks!
    Roosevelt Brewery is good on the square.

El Rancho is to me the best Mexican food around.

Be prepared its a small small town.

The new stadium is nice but you should drive east towards Clovis to see where the old one was, it's been bought out but still it gives you an idea of how unique a venue it was.

Try an Allsups burrito.

If your still here on Friday night come south 25 miles on 70 and watch a good 6man football game.
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Thanks. We will probably hit one of those spots for a little pre-game food and beverage. Should we be concerned about getting tickets? I see online you can only purchase season tickets.

Comment

Be prepared for flies the size of pterodactyls.

Comment

Don't forget the Valencia Peanuts! I just drove thru Portales for the first time since I left in 1993. It has changed a lot! They got a Wal-Mart! The statium at Blackwater Draw should be a historic landmark. Allsups Buritto is a must! The fast food of Portales!

Comment

If you have small children, keep an eye on them. Monster flies will carry them away. If the flies don't get you, watch out for the space alien mutants. Otherwise, a great place and a fun team to play.

Comment

Thanks. We will probably hit one of those spots for a little pre-game food and beverage. Should we be concerned about getting tickets? I see online you can only purchase season tickets.
              No easy gate purchase, probably cashless though

Comment

]

Comment

I think I like the fried tortilla more than what's inside of the Allsups burrito. Pat's peanut butter ice cream is what I remember most about Portales.. Nostalgia from days gone by.

Comment

Get the Green Chili Chicken Chimichanga instead of the burrito...and LOTS of the Taco Sauce!

Comment

It's not that they are fantastic, it's that once you have one they tend to make you crave more, and they are unique to this area of the US.

I know I am close to home if I can get an Allsups burrito.

Comment

Yeah, @1,000 wasted calories.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Yeah, @1,000 wasted calories.
                          Chip I'd take a burrito over a meatball sub, but I'd take both if they were all there was...

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Chip I'd take a burrito over a meatball sub, but I'd take both if they were all there was...
                            Try our new Subway steak. I really like it. Tastes like real steak be cause it is! Good flavor, good texture. Try the new Cali Fresh Steak or build your own Steak and cheese. Also, our reformulated bread is better. Try the toasted multigrain.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Try our new Subway steak. I really like it. Tastes like real steak be cause it is! Good flavor, good texture. Try the new Cali Fresh Steak or build your own Steak and cheese. Also, our reformulated bread is better. Try the toasted multigrain.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X