Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Compughterratings

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I expect more of a pro-style offense. We've got some young receivers with deep threat capabilities. I still believe a mobile QB will really open up the offense. That isn't Houghtaling. Maybe Gerber. Maybe the Perez kid. He's back after missing spring. He's very mobile )and big) but may not have the arm strength of Gerber. Since Hughes is safe this year, should he roll the dice on a three year Gerber and go with him? Or hang with Hoiughtaling. It should be a heck of a QB battle in fall practice.

If Carter and Valo are healthy, and throw in Texas transfer Prince Ugwo, who had a very good spring, our RB position will be a highlight. Still it all comes back to the big boys up front. If they don't control the LOS we'll struggle. The new OC can help with that by plays that get rid of the ball quick. mu;title looks, quick hitters, things that never happened with the old OC.
    Houghtaling is no longer on the roster so I guess he moved on. Hood is back and definitely not mobile. So hopefully it'll be Perez or Gerber to get the nod.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
      That is the stock answer given by EVERY OC from middle school to the pros. Hahaha.

Do you think any OC thinks he is bad and his system sucks? Never heard that in my life. They are ALL innovative...on the edge...new and exciting.....UNTIL they are not.

Good luck, Brown is as green as they come. Wish him the best.
      Quit ruining the optimism Pops, we need it here in Canyon. It's like every recruiting cycle was the best one ever, every year for every coach

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
        Houghtaling is no longer on the roster so I guess he moved on. Hood is back and definitely not mobile. So hopefully it'll be Perez or Gerber to get the nod.
        I hadn't noticed Houghtaling was not on the roster. I agree about Gerber or Perez. Perez is a big boy, 6'4 220. I watched his HS stuff several times. I'd say he has an average arm. However, he runs like a back, a big mobile back. If i remember correctly he came from a run heavy high school that went to the semifinals. Perez had over 1000 yards passing and rushing. Definitely a dual threat QB. Gerber's not as big, 6' 175 but has a very good arm and is able to scramble when needed. Hood's not mobile. Will his arm finally shine? What about the freshman Cameron Griffin, 6'1 190, from Glen Rose. He looks skilled. Good passer, able to pull it down and scramble.

I'm guessing Gerber gets the nod.

It'll be interesting.
        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 07-26-2019, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
          I hadn't noticed Houghtaling was not on the roster. I agree about Gerber or Perez. Perez is a big boy, 6'4 220. I watched his HS stuff several times. I'd say he has an average arm. However, he runs like a back, a big mobile back. If i remember correctly he came from a run heavy high school that went to the semifinals. Perez had over 1000 yards passing and rushing. Definitely a dual threat QB. Gerber's not as big, 6' 175 but has a very good arm and is able to scramble when needed. Hood's not mobile. Will his arm finally shine? What about the freshman Cameron Griffin, 6'1 190, from Glen Rose. He looks skilled. Good passer, able to pull it down and scramble.

I'm guessing Gerber gets the nod.

It'll be interesting.
          So he was on there up until a few days ago. I had seen a picture of the QBs at a get together with Coach Brown on Twitter and noticed Houghtaling wasn't in it so I looked at the roster. Personally, I think it's Gerber's to lose based on Hood's lack of success blast year and Perez being gone in the spring.

Comment

Houghtaling is no longer on the roster so I guess he moved on.
            Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo!

Seriously, the kid gave 110%, was a good leader and is very bright. I wish him the best.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Seriously, the kid gave 110%, was a good leader and is very bright. I wish him the best.
              I think this is a big loss for the Buffs. Perez might fit Brown's offense....not sure about the others.

Comment

Has he shown up anywhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                  Has he shown up anywhere else?
                  I googled earlier today but didn't get any hits at other schools. I wouldn't be surprised if he did though

Comment

From my observations he has relaxed quite a bit. Of course I'm not in meetings and at all the practices
                    I bet Coach Hughes is not as vocal as was the late Jolly Joe Kerbel.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

What a loss for WT. Houghtling really was a kid that gave you 110% . Great kid off the field as well. Know this first hand, as my son was roommates with him going into the 2016-17 school year. Hughes ran my son off with his hard ball tactics, but Coach Lee and ENMU had faith in him....last season 28-0 at the bro..my son, NOAH SWEITZER LSC PLAYER OF THE WEEK!! #ENMUALLDAYERRYDAY #NMADE

Comment

Originally posted by Blueblood2003 View Post
                        What a loss for WT. Houghtling really was a kid that gave you 110% . Great kid off the field as well. Know this first hand, as my son was roommates with him going into the 2016-17 school year. Hughes ran my son off with his hard ball tactics, but Coach Lee and ENMU had faith in him....last season 28-0 at the bro..my son, NOAH SWEITZER LSC PLAYER OF THE WEEK!! #ENMUALLDAYERRYDAY #NMADE
                        Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueblood2003 View Post

Comment

Comment

Nah not even close. Carthel magic strikes again in year 1. They've picked up a ton of talent and recently got the RB Ward who transferred out of Tech in the Spring. I expect them to be a really good team

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                                I think this is a big loss for the Buffs. Perez might fit Brown's offense....not sure about the others.
                                I ran into a friend who just talked with Perez. Perez said he's reporting at 6'5 249 lbs. That sounds heavy, but, Dak Prescott is 6'2 and 235, so 249 and 6'5 is in order.

I again went back and rematched Perez' HS video. He's mobile. He ran for over 1,300 yards and passed for about 1,100 his senior year. It depends a lot on what kind of offense WT OC Jake Brown wants to run. Gerber could be the pro set drop back QB with some ability to scramble. Perez could fit into a more run-oriented offense. I could see Perez being effective in a triple option type offense with Carter, Vallo behind him using the run to set up the pass.
                                Last edited by BuffaloChip; 08-12-2019, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X