Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Not trying to start a fight here but was the TAMUC current coach first winning with Colby's recruits and now having a tough time now that his recruits are taking center stage?
    2019 Bailiff was 11-3 lost in quarters.

You know where he is today. Draw your own conclusions.

Bailiff HC record will be 99-105 after this season (with a win on Saturday) that's a .485 win percentage.

18-7 (with a win on Saturday).at TAMUC. 11 of those wins came in year 1 with Colby's players.

You know my belief. A WINNER WHO'S A WINNER IS A WINNER.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

One of the reasons WT hangs it's hat today on the Carthel removal was Cathel's 22% graduation rate. Way below expectations and directives. If Carhel had hit a 50% graduation rate, most of those NFL type recruits to WT would never have made it into WT in the first place.
      This is a BS argument. The 4 year graduation rate of ALL WTAMU incoming freshman is only 25%.

WTAMU graduation rate for a student is below average for the state of Texas.

If Carthel had a 50% 4 year graduation rate, he would have been a god at WTAMU. 707070707

Here ya go....see this: https://www.collegefactual.com/colle...and-retention/
      Last edited by ASUPops; 11-10-2021, 01:22 PM.

Comment

One of the reasons WT hangs it's hat today on the Carthel removal was Cathel's 22% graduation rate. Way below expectations and directives. If Carhel had hit a 50% graduation rate, most of those NFL type recruits to WT would never have made it into WT in the first place.
        I don't remember them saying anything about the graduation rate when they had the big press conference after they fired him.

Spanishgate, where a backup kicker's parents were taking online Spanish tests for a wide receiver was a lot worse. While the backup kicker said Nesbitt knew, nothing happened to him, instead some assistant coach was fired instead.

Comment

He had the highest graduation rates in school history in Commerce.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

He had the highest graduation rates in school history in Commerce.
            Colby was never the HC at WT.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

2019 Bailiff was 11-3 lost in quarters.

You know where he is today. Draw your own conclusions.

Bailiff HC record will be 99-105 after this season (with a win on Saturday) that's a .485 win percentage.

18-7 (with a win on Saturday).at TAMUC. 11 of those wins came in year 1 with Colby's players.

You know my belief. A WINNER WHO'S A WINNER IS A WINNER.
              Not a Bailiff fan but was somewhat initially impressed. Sitting out last year and the results of this year have once again soured me on him. My thinking is he doesn't survive four years of transition which could be good or bad depending on what is hired behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Not a Bailiff fan but was somewhat initially impressed. Sitting out last year and the results of this year have once again soured me on him. My thinking is he doesn't survive four years of transition which could be good or bad depending on what is hired behind him.
                I am sure Bailiff was hired due to his D1 experience, and the thoughts of moving up to FCS.

I sure wish Colby would of had patience and stuck it out at TAMUC. He would of had a great time and gained tons of experience bringing a program from DII to FCS.

Just doesn't make sense that if they were planning on a FCS move in a few years why Colby would leave. But, I don't know all of inside info stuff at Commerce.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I am sure Bailiff was hired due to his D1 experience, and the thoughts of moving up to FCS.

I sure wish Colby would of had patience and stuck it out at TAMUC. He would of had a great time and gained tons of experience bringing a program from DII to FCS.

Just doesn't make sense that if they were planning on a FCS move in a few years why Colby would leave. But, I don't know all of inside info stuff at Commerce.
                  I think the guaranteed immediate move to fcs with the AD that hired him in Commerce there and knowing that relationship worked was tough to pass up.

Comment

I think the guaranteed immediate move to fcs with the AD that hired him in Commerce there and knowing that relationship worked was tough to pass up.
                    I think Colby made the right move. If he and the AD worked well together, that really makes a difference. He's turning the program around and getting noticed by bigger schools. SFA has already beaten D1 juggernauts ACU and Tarleton this season, and scared Tech and Sam Houston.

https://sfajacks.com/sports/football/schedule/2021

Comment

Oh, yeah....I forgot Ryan went the same time.

That makes perfect sense.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I think Colby made the right move. If he and the AD worked well together, that really makes a difference. He's turning the program around and getting noticed by bigger schools. SFA has already beaten D1 juggernauts ACU and Tarleton this season, and scared Tech and Sam Houston.

https://sfajacks.com/sports/football/schedule/2021
                        Liquid came out the nose! 7070707070707

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X