Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

I was just saying that they they know how to defend the triple option. What they do with that knowledge is something else.
    Gotcha.....

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Gotcha.....
      I think the bigger issue is that most teams do not have the personnel to simulate the offense in practice. The first time the defenders really see the offense is gameday at full speed. V

Side note: how many 6 man QBs get recruited to play QB in college. I am sure there have been others but ASU QB Zack Brockhorst is the first I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Actually it works really well in the playoffs. Tascosa out of Amarillo runs it and would chew up most of the Dallas high schools in the 6A playoffs because most of them run the spread and most of the young coaches were clueless how to stop it. There were multiple times where they never attempted a pass. If you have the personnel to execute the option or veer it can still be effective.
        Tascosa had some success when they dropped down. Great 6A defenses eat that stuff up. Because great 6A defenses are both disciplined and very athletic. It's very unlikely that an option team will win a state championship. Even down in 3A everyone knows Wall won't win one because that's what they run. If run well it can make you a good team just not one that will win it all. Now the wing T on the other hand is actually more rare now and that's something that would be more effective. That's some true wizardry there. Young coaches don't know how to defend that. Even the young coaches have seen the flexbone/veer/triple option.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bippy McGoo View Post

Tascosa had some success when they dropped down. Great 6A defenses eat that stuff up. Because great 6A defenses are both disciplined and very athletic. It's very unlikely that an option team will win a state championship. Even down in 3A everyone knows Wall won't win one because that's what they run. If run well it can make you a good team just not one that will win it all. Now the wing T on the other hand is actually more rare now and that's something that would be more effective. That's some true wizardry there. Young coaches don't know how to defend that. Even the young coaches have seen the flexbone/veer/triple option.
            I'd eat up a Wing T. Save that for youth football where defenses have youth schemes & assignments. 707070707

Comment

NK can put 500+ yds of offense on you if the D is not careful. If they catch Angelo asleep and playing undisciplined this could be an entirely different outcome than anticipated.
              Last edited by ASUPops; 11-25-2021, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Triple option, eh? That doesn't even work in high school anymore against good defenses. Hard to see it working against a defense like Angelo State's. But I guess we'll see. If it does I'll be impressed.
                Air Force isn't having too bad of a year.

Comment

I'd eat up a Wing T. Save that for youth football where defenses have youth schemes & assignments. 707070707
                  Now THAT'S a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Air Force isn't having too bad of a year.
                    Originally posted by Bippy McGoo

If run well it can make you a good team just not one that will win it all.
                    _

Comment

Now THAT'S a troll.
                      Wrong AGAIN!!!

0-2

Comment

Wrong AGAIN!!!

0-2
                        Funny that I come back here after years away and of course you're the one who instantly pops up to be an ass just like you were back in the day. I'm sitting here talking actual football, not being rude to anyone, and you just come in to attack the person. Such a cool guy.

Comment

Funny that I come back here after years away and of course you're the one who instantly pops up to be an ass just like you were back in the day. I'm sitting here talking actual football, not being rude to anyone, and you just come in to attack the person. Such a cool guy.

If you can't handle people disagreeing with you, probably should of just stayed away!

Troll on!

Comment

I'm predicting Kearney 23 Angelo 22.

Comment

1 hour until kick-off. Looks like the weather has cleared up. Not as warm as last week but still a beautiful day for some playoff football.

Comment

The ASU special teams issues raise their ugly head on the Rams first drive. Punter drops the snap and is tackled at the LOS.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X