X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Portal Strikes Again!

https://twitter.com/_wayofchais/stat...9eomKUPCRzrNhQ

and again......https://twitter.com/parkerh55/status...54931107098633
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
      https://www.hudl.com/profile/11314338/Willis-Patrick

Comment

Where are the twitter posts from the D3 and NAIA kids proudly announcing their transfer to the LSC schools?

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
          Hahaha. I searched and could not find anything. This guy seems to have a lot of info on

https://mobile.twitter.com/farrellportal

Comment

HUGE strike for the Rams!! You can't lose your best OL.

Wonder if he is following A Lew?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

HUGE strike for the Rams!! You can't lose your best OL.

Wonder if he is following A Lew?

Comment

A Lew is awesome. My son played with him.

You are right.....Angelo's strength was it's OL. Not sure what to expect now....but Girsch had good depth and recruiting. Guess we shall see

Comment

This was not unexpected. I would think he has several offers.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                    This was not unexpected. I would think he has several offers.
                    l agree with u too. Especially since he has 2 yrs too of eligibility and will all the accolades already. I wpuld think it would have happened before spring and not so late.

Yes he is. Seemed to me the type to become head coach at his alma mater depending on if girsch would take a higher level job down the line. So your son was on those high powered Offense with washington. I researched there past seasons when I got interested in asu.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUfam&fan View Post

l agree with u too. Especially since he has 2 yrs too of eligibility and will all the accolades already. I wpuld think it would have happened before spring and not so late.

Yes he is. Seemed to me the type to become head coach at his alma mater depending on if girsch would take a higher level job down the line. So your son was on those high powered Offense with washington. I researched there past seasons when I got interested in asu.
                      AngeloFan didn't have a son playing at Angelo State.

My son was KWash's X.

Do you have a son at Angelo? You can DM me if you'd prefer.

Comment

I'm not a fan of the transfer portal. I don't believe it should be open year around for each individual sport. I think it should only be open for a 6 month period at the end of each sport season during the Fall, Winter and Spring.

Comment

if that is the case then coaches should have the same window of opportunity as what you are recommending. Ive known a lot of kids who sign with a school and the coach who recruited them or head coach leaves. yes it is different coaching is a paying job than being a student athlete. So in the past a kid would have to ask for a release from the school and the school could say no. Im in agreement with if you dont want to be there then make yourself happy and leave.

So brian kelly leaves a top ten job in the middle of a playoff push to go to LSU? I dont blame him because say ND is 5 and 5 and rumors he is fixing to be fired and leaves for another job? would you still be mad at him? Another scenario: If a player leaves in the spring, There is another player ready to step in his position. may not be as good has him, but he is ready for his chance. Say a coordinator or position coach leaves in the middle of spring. Which do you think is more a problem.? A kid leaving that plays a certain position or a position coach or coordinator who is responsible for coach multiple positions???. Yea it sucks for the fan of a school but its a gain for that coach who can move up and for the player moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUfam&fan View Post
                            if that is the case then coaches should have the same window of opportunity as what you are recommending. Ive known a lot of kids who sign with a school and the coach who recruited them or head coach leaves. yes it is different coaching is a paying job than being a student athlete. So in the past a kid would have to ask for a release from the school and the school could say no. Im in agreement with if you dont want to be there then make yourself happy and leave.

So brian kelly leaves a top ten job in the middle of a playoff push to go to LSU? I dont blame him because say ND is 5 and 5 and rumors he is fixing to be fired and leaves for another job? would you still be mad at him? Another scenario: If a player leaves in the spring, There is another player ready to step in his position. may not be as good has him, but he is ready for his chance. Say a coordinator or position coach leaves in the middle of spring. Which do you think is more a problem.? A kid leaving that plays a certain position or a position coach or coordinator who is responsible for coach multiple positions???. Yea it sucks for the fan of a school but its a gain for that coach who can move up and for the player moving on.
                            I agree.

The difference is from which perspective you are looking. As a fan it all sucks. As a player it is as it should be.

My son was recruited by a coach who was fired two seasons later. The school would not grant him permission to look elsewhere. Basically, he had ZERO rights as a player.

All in all, I guess it worked out ok. But, holding a player "captive" is NEVER the right thing to do.

But ask my son and he BLEEDS blue & gold, Angelo State all the way!!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X