Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DII BASEBALL REGIONALS

Angelo beat out Mesa for the #1 seed, and will host! CONGRATS!

WT got #3 seed! CONGRATS!

KINGSVILLE got #4! CONGRATS!

https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/sp...al/9789688002/

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Maybe as WOU is in LSC for football it should also be mentioned that they are the #6 seed in the West. The higher ranked GNAC team is one of the schools in the conference that put WOU in the LSC for football and where Tim Sullivan (former GNAC columnist) lives in Northwest Nazarene. Too bad he's the most active WOU fan on the forums in their down seasons, as the WOU fans are great to talk with here.

Whoever comes out of the West it appears will likely face whoever comes out the South Central region looking at the brackets.

Comment

ASU is really good, This could be a deep run.

The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
        Whoever comes out of the West it appears will likely face whoever comes out the South Central region looking at the brackets.
        The eight super-regional winners are re-seeded for the finals. Where they appear on the bracket has no bearing on the matchups.

Comment

WT could have a decent shot at advancing to the super regionals. I agree ASU will be tough especially in a 2 out of 3 series at home.

In the past you could hope that ASU might get over confident and lose that first game and they would have to fight through a consolation bracket.

Haven't researched this to see if this is an NCAA wide thing within a conference but I like the concept of the two top regional winners meeting in a 2 out of 3 in a super regional. I know D1 currently has that concept already but not within a true region.

I know the Southland has that same setup this year for the conference championship with the top 2 seeds hosting and the winners there meet 2 out of 3 for the NCAA automatic berth.

Comment

Comment

Here are one guy's predictions:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/a...l-championship

Your thoughts??

Comment

Here are one guy's predictions:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/a...l-championship

Your thoughts??
                Two RMAC teams - give me a break. I still like ASU out of this region. Wt's pitching will have to get hot. If it's one of those 20-18 games, who knows?
                The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Two RMAC teams - give me a break. I still like ASU out of this region. Wt's pitching will have to get hot. If it's one of those 20-18 games, who knows?
                  I am pulling for Angelo & West Texas!!!!

Comment

If it was the old format where all the regional teams were at one site then I would give WT a higher chance since every team is having to use their 3rd starter plus to get to the finals.

Now that there is a super regional where Angelo State can line up their pitching staff at home in a best 2 out of 3 format then its going to be extremely tough to knock them off.

I do like the updated format to resemble the D1 playoff model. Much higher chance of the top seeds advancing to the college world series.

Comment

Hogs score 4 in the bottom of the first, but give up 10 in the top of the second.
                      Get two back in the bottom of the second, and then tie it at ten in the bottom of the third.

and some were talking about WT's pitching...
                      Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Top of the fourth inning, MSU-Denver takes a 13-10 lead, but the Hogs score 4 to go up by a run.

Surprise, neither team scores in the fifth.
                        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                          WT could have a decent shot at advancing to the super regionals. I agree ASU will be tough especially in a 2 out of 3 series at home.

In the past you could hope that ASU might get over confident and lose that first game and they would have to fight through a consolation bracket.

Haven't researched this to see if this is an NCAA wide thing within a conference but I like the concept of the two top regional winners meeting in a 2 out of 3 in a super regional. I know D1 currently has that concept already but not within a true region.

I know the Southland has that same setup this year for the conference championship with the top 2 seeds hosting and the winners there meet 2 out of 3 for the NCAA automatic berth.
                          Did St Edward's just beat WT 16-5??? I can't find where to confirm that?

If so......then WT will have to play Mesa tonight, right?

Comment

Did St Edward's just beat WT 16-5??? I can't find where to confirm that?

If so......then WT will have to play Mesa tonight, right?

Comment

Originally posted by WT&TTECHfan View Post
                              they are done for the season.The final score for CM game was 5-3.
                              DANG IT!!!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X