Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Disagree with you on this one big time.

That WT loss prevented Angelo from winning a share of the LSC conference title and possibly having a home game against Mines in the regional championship.

Also said no one ever that a team is not eager for payback against a conference rival that beat them last year.
    Sorry. You can disagree all you want. That doesn't change the FACT. LMAO.

It's just another game to the Rams. First hand knowledge.

And THAT is why I think it could possibly be a catch game.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

Reality is that athletic teams for WT and ASU just do not like each other. The motivation will be there regardless of what happened last year or 10 years ago.
      ABSOLUTELY!

As far as the teams not liking each other, I can only answer for players & coaches I know, and that is not the case. Just another opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

ABSOLUTELY!

As far as the teams not liking each other, I can only answer for players & coaches I know, and that is not the case. Just another opponent.
        You need to live at ground zero and mingle with the athletes and coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
          You need to live at ground zero and mingle with the athletes and coaches.
          Haha. Ground Zero. I like it.

I do speak with both. And sponsors, and parents of players.

I can not speak for all, only those I do converse with.

Comment

I find it sad that this thread has not blown up.

It reflects the state of the LSC and DII football.

No one cares!!

I remember all the talk and banter coming from DOZENS of WT fans/Alums back when my boy played. Loud AND obnoxious. The words humble & class did not exist for WT posters back then. 707.

What happened?

Ahhhh.....WT had Carthel then and were winning! So EVERYONE jumped on tbe bandwagon and shot off their mouths.

Ever since, the # of WT posters has drastically died off. And the ones that are left are only active IF "their" team is winning and on top. Otherwise, it's crickets.

I can not tell you enough how much I dislike bandwagon fans. Hence why when I see all these previous "big football fans" jumping ship and posting about girl sports because THEY are winning, it turns my stomach.

TRUE fans are DIE HARD!!! WIN, LOSE, OR DRAW!

In Italian we call these people FUGAZI!!

Comment

No one cares!!

I remember all the talk and banter coming from DOZENS of WT fans/Alums back when my boy played. Loud AND obnoxious. The words humble & class did not exist for WT posters back then. 707.

What happened?

Ahhhh.....WT had Carthel then and were winning! So EVERYONE jumped on tbe bandwagon and shot off their mouths.

Ever since, the # of WT posters has drastically died off. And the ones that are left are only active IF "their" team is winning and on top. Otherwise, it's crickets.

I can not tell you enough how much I dislike bandwagon fans. Hence why when I see all these previous "big football fans" jumping ship and posting about girl sports because THEY are winning, it turns my stomach.

This coming from the guy that changes the team he roots for every year. :D

Comment

Blah, blah, blah. Dude, that attempted "slam" is TIRED. Don't you have anything FRESH??

ONCE AGAIN, for you slow readers and those who lack reading comprehension, I AM NOT AN ALUM OR FAN OF ANY DII....NOR DO I HAVE LOYALTY TO ANY DII SCHOOL. I PULL FOR WHICHEVER TEAM CONTAINS PLAYERS OR COACHES I KNOW PERSONALLY.

IS IT THAT HARD TO GRASP????

Comment

I know truth hurts you bandwagon WT fans

This year I am pulling for WT & Angelo. Just so you know!!! 7070707

Comment

No one cares!!

What happened?

I can only speak for myself.
                    I have had season tickets for every sport at Wt for 25+ years. I also am a member of the Buffalo Club and make a monthly contribution. This is the first year I did not renew my Football tickets, for several reasons. At this time I plan on getting them next year. The football program has simply not generated any excitement. Yes, not contending for a play-off spot is the major reason. Also, the previous staff was easy to reach and more than willing to have a conversation.

During the school year, I correspond with VB, Basketball, (MBB & WBB ), and softball. Both players and coaches, I always get a reply. I normally have one of "the girls" do part-time clerical work for me in the off-season. It is simply easier to have a personal relationship with those players and coaches than it is with the football program. Of course, the standard of excellence in these programs makes them easier to support.

Please understand that the only thing that the current football staff is not doing is winning enough games. The players are individuals with high integrity and good grades. The team's GPA is 3.0 and graduation rates are up. There are not, so far, any Spanish-gate scandals. After 6 years I am sure the program is clean, I am sure there a D2 schools that would like to have our staff and
                    W - L record. The bar has been raised by other teams. I really hope football can compete for a play-off spot.
                    Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 09-23-2022, 02:54 PM.
                    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

I would HATE, HATE, HATE to be a WT football player with this group of Alums. Geesh!
                      What was it P.T. Barnum supposedly said about being a "Sucker?" Well, we WT fans are past the "Sucker" phase and have packed up and moved to Missouri, the "Show Me" state.
                      Last edited by BuffaloChip; 09-24-2022, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I can only speak for myself.
                        I have had season tickets for every sport at Wt for 25+ years. I also am a member of the Buffalo Club and make a monthly contribution. This is the first year I did not renew my Football tickets, for several reasons. At this time I plan on getting them next year. The football program has simply not generated any excitement. Yes, not contending for a play-off spot is the major reason. Also, the previous staff was easy to reach and more than willing to have a conversation.

During the school year, I correspond with VB, Basketball, (MBB & WBB ), and softball. Both players and coaches, I always get a reply. I normally have one of "the girls" do part-time clerical work for me in the off-season. It is simply easier to have a personal relationship with those players and coaches than it is with the football program. Of course, the standard of excellence in these programs makes them easier to support.

Please understand that the only thing that the current football staff is not doing is winning enough games. The players are individuals with high integrity and good grades. The team's GPA is 3.0 and graduation rates are up. There are no, so far, any Spanish-gate scandals. After 6 years I am sure the program is clean, I am sure there a D2 schools that would like to have our staff and
                        W - L record. The bar has been raised by other teams. I really hope football can compete for a play-off spot.
                        He is just trying to get a rise out of us.

Basically what it comes down to is we know how the season will mostly go after a few games.

If you lose a couple of games early in D2 its usually goodnight Irene for the playoffs.

I stick around and support but realistic.

There were a few years a few years ago I wasnt on the board due to my job requiring me to constantly travel and work 12 hour days.

Luckily those days are in the past.

Hopefully better days are ahead either now or 2023.

​​​​​​​Go Buffs!

Comment

Get ready for the potential GOY!!

Gonna be a slobberknocker!!!!

Comment

Hell’s Bells. What dipstick is directing the Angelo broadcast? Quit with the stupid ass field level endzone camera angles. You can’t tell if it’s a 1 yard or a 20 yard play. What a bunch of bull sh1t!

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                              Hell’s Bells. What dipstick is directing the Angelo broadcast? Quit with the stupid ass field level endzone camera angles. You can’t tell if it’s a 1 yard or a 20 yard play. What a bunch of bull sh1t!
                              Quit crying Karen!! ;)

Comment

Wt - 7

ASU - 6

7-min.left 2nd Qut. Wt hanging with ASU
                                The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X